PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

On to Detroit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cyrus with the safeties makes me think Chung will be a no-go. Not looking great for Flowers either, so we likely see Rivers make his debut.

Cyrus the Virus intrigues me at safety. God knows it helped McCourty's career.

Cyrus with the safeties makes me think Chung will be a no-go. Not looking great for Flowers either, so we likely see Rivers make his debut.

Let’s hope we get to finally see what we may or may hot have in rivers.

Both Flowers and Chung were DNP again today. If they don't graduate to "Limited Participation" by tomorrow, there's probably zero chance they play.

Let’s hope we get to finally see what we may or may hot have in rivers.

What's the matter? You don't like seeing Davis doing absolutely nothing to help the defense whatsoever?

I'm a bit surprised about Flowers. I thought he looked ok when they showed him trotting to the lockerroom. Figured he'd just get an extra day off and then be back at practice.

I'm a bit surprised about Flowers. I thought he looked ok when they showed him trotting to the lockerroom. Figured he'd just get an extra day off and then be back at practice.

Two things may be at play here: First, it's so hard to tell with concussions. Edelman played the remainder of Super Bowl 49 after nearly getting his head taken off by Chancellor, and though never officially diagnosed, I think everyone agrees he was concussed on that play.

Second, right now the Patriots are technically under investigation for letting Chung play with a concussion. My guess is they're taking NO chances with these two (if they are indeed even close), because they don't want to be wrong until they've been cleared.

Call me nuts but I think Flowers has had one too many concussions and the team is being extra cautious.

As for Chung I think with the hub-bub about protocols not being followed, the NFL & team doctors are again being overly cautious

Sounds like Slay might not be able to go (concussion). If so, big bonus for NEs WRs

Not surprised people are undervaluing the Lions given the media narrative about the wheels coming off over there allegedly. But they gifted the game to the Jets in W1 with turnovers and then looked not bad against the 49ers last week taking the game to the wire.

We should win the game but I would not expect a blowout but rather a tight game that will be decided towards the end of the third quarter. Unless you get a couple of turnovers..

I’m bracing for a close game. Matt Patricia knows this team well and is desperate for a win. And the Lions WRs are some of the best we’ll face all year.

Not surprised people are undervaluing the Lions given the media narrative about the wheels coming off over there allegedly. But they gifted the game to the Jets in W1 with turnovers and then looked not bad against the 49ers last week taking the game to the wire.

We should win the game but I would not expect a blowout but rather a tight game that will be decided towards the end of the third quarter. Unless you get a couple of turnovers..

There's also special teams.

In addition to allowing a 78-yd PR for a TD, and a 43-yd PR that set up an easy FG for the Jete, the Lions coverage units allowed a 101-yd return on the kickoff to open the 2nd half against SFO (10 yards of which were nullified by a facemask flag on the returner himself). The Niners scored a couple plays later, anyway.

If Patterson gets a chance ... or even Cy Jones on a punt.

Expecting Patricia to attack the weaknesses of the D that hes very familiar with. Lots of short crossing routes, and getting passes out to RBs vs the Pats slow LBs. And with the news of Flowers/Chung probably missing the game, its going to be tough watching the Pats D

lions passing about 80% of the time
What's the matter? You don't like seeing Davis doing absolutely nothing to help the defense whatsoever?
Should be the perfect game for Rivers to get some action. Detroit drop backs about 80% lol of the time.

That injury report suuuuuuuucks.

Does “chest” mean that Hollister has no heart??

At least Gronk isn’t listed.

Sucks that Hollister got hurt during practice.. I liked what he showed last week against JAX..

Gonna be a lot of pressure on Gordon and Burkhead to step up.

Hopefully, McDaniels and Brady go back to what works and force Patricia to adjust..

What happened to Hollister!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back