PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

On to Detroit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know they line up inside occasionally but actually getting pressure is a different question. Its spotty at best.

Well, pretty much everything has been "spotty at best" so far this season. I think they're still capable of finding a couple ways to exploit a specific vulnerability and to execute effectively.

The Patriots *SHOULD* beat the brakes off of this team regardless. But I would say about 20-25% of the total offensive snaps for Gordon. Get him worked in on a few easy option routes and start to develop the timing with Brady at real game pace against a pretty bad defense. Let him get his feet wet.

I would not worry about the outcome of this game AT ALL, if it weren't for the ex-coach factor.

With that, you never know. So, as Sammy might say...

omg-cat.gif

...that gives me paws. :)

Desperate team, playing at home, whose coach has familiarity with what we like to do. Sometimes that can be a dangerous animal. BUT, they're also very vulnerable right now, because the first few weeks have gone poorly. Get on top early, and the cracks will become chasms.

Glad we didn't draft em then. I remember supposedly we were targeting him in the draft, or who knows maybe different results if he was under Scar.

Ragnow was taken 3 spots ahead of the Pats first pick in the draft. I think there may have been a pic of the Pats war room draft board after the draft that had Ragnow on it fairly high, but I might be imagining that. I which case, I plead "media hypnosis."

Anyway, the Pats ended up with an OL who can play both Tackle and Guard, at least hypothetically.

Also, the Lions' OL coaching hasn't been noted for it's high quality for a while.

I'm hoping that this isn't the game where the Lions discover what they have in Kerryon Johnson. He's been their best back so far whenever he's had the ball in his hands. They just haven't figured out that they actually need to use him yet. Not sure if that's on Fatt Patricia or Jim Bob Cooter (LOL), but they definitely have something there.

Last edited:
I think this is going to be a competitive game. It absolutely will not be a blowout.

Not sure who wins TBH. I think the Lions are desperate but I think the NEP are as well.

27-20 NEP

I'm hoping that this isn't the game where the Lions discover what they have in Kerryon Johnson. He's been their best back so far whenever he's had the ball in his hands. They just haven't figured out that they actually need to use him yet. Not sure if that's on Fatt Patricia or Jim Bob Cooter (LOL), but they definitely have something there.

Kerryon was my binky RB in this draft, which is why the Pats didn't draft him, obviously. Even so, I had my doubts that BB would draft an RB as early as the 2nd round.

Oops.

I really need to stop trying to predict what BB will/won't do in the draft.

As to why the Lions haven't used him that much yet, it certainly goes against the Lions tradition of throwing rookies to the wolves right off the bat.

I think this is going to be a competitive game. It absolutely will not be a blowout.

Not sure who wins TBH. I think the Lions are desperate but I think the NEP are as well.

27-20 NEP

It's not at all rational, but I have a feeling that the Pats offense may open things up a little Sunday, whether Gordon is on the field or not. It feels like the offense has mostly been tinkering so far, and it felt like Michel's appearance last Sunday was like a dress rehearsal.

I mean, I won't be surprised if Michel and someone like Patterson or Hollister has a breakout game this week and looks unstoppable.

The Pats pass-d has me a bit concerned, though. It seems to be that a shootout is a bigger possibility than a blowout.

Sick of seeing Cannon on that list:rolleyes: I know they just Drafted Wynn then he got hurt...Might have to go to the Tackle well again next Draft just to make sure.

Glad Hollister is off he has a good rapport with Brady when Edelman comes back McDaniels will have all the weapons at his disposal including Gordon League watch out! :cool:

Excited to see more of a healthier Sony Michel. Looks like he can be the real deal

Would love Sony to show us why BB made him a First Round Draft pick last spring. Hopeless Lions on D just what the Doctor ordered.:D

There is no such thing in the NFL, generally speaking. And Detroit is desperate, playing at home, on national television.

And, based on their team history, they are at their worst under those conditions. Ask any Lions fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back