PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Oficial Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Cardinals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they have to run the table to make the playoffs. I don’t trust cam newton to do that but we shall see. This offseason will the biggest for bill. I think they’re kind of making the transition longer.
As far as draft position goes (and @KontradictioN this was my point) this year if you don't have the number one pick then everything else is a wash. What good is the #3 pick if Lawrence and Fields are off the board? They never had a chance at the number one pick with BB coaching. Might as well make an effort for a playoff run. Worst case scenario you end up with like the 13th pick instead which, again, how different is that from the 3rd pick when your top need is QB?

In that case you should always be rooting for 0-16. Imagine 5 #1 picks in a row, and maybe 3 of em hit! Woohoo!

Let me asked you this? How long you think this rebuild will take and how long before they’re winning division titles again?

In that case you should always be rooting for 0-16. Imagine 5 #1 picks in a row, and maybe 3 of em hit! Woohoo!

No but I don't expect most people to have understood the immense opportunity this season present. Covid, no fans, opt outs, injuries and the GOAT leaves. Nobody would care if they, for this one season had a piss poor record. No one. If you had a top flight QB prospect coming into Fort Foxboro, all would have been forgotten.

Instead these useless wins, that will most likely only have a negative effect on the franchise are what people are cheering. People should be pissed at every single win. People always, here especially, look at other teams and say, gee wish we could get a player like that. Never could because they were always too good. This was the one time, a perfect storm to get that type of player, and they screwed it up.

I hate the rule but from the letter of the law it was a good call.

Really? Care to cite the actual RULE?
Better yet.. Here it is:

It is an illegal "blindside" block if the initial force of the contact by a blocker's helmet (including facemask), forearm, or shoulder is to the head or neck area of an opponent when the blocker is moving toward his own endline and approaches his opponent from behind or from the side.

Jennings didn't hit the guy in the head or neck area.

Let me asked you this? How long you think this rebuild will take and how long before they’re winning division titles again?

Three years tops. If they can't get a premium QB through the draft they can get a Kirk Cousins level one through FA with high picks spent on offensive weapons instead

Stidham’ s career QB rating is 39. He’ll more likely be bagging groceries next year than be on the Patriots.

The same guy that a lot of us want to see get reps over Cam. lol

lets clarify. Big difference in getting reps over cam now than getting reps if we’re eliminated from playoff contention. Qb is going to be a need no matter what; maybe stid shows some improvement that even if he’s destined as a career backup he could be a cheap bridge starter next year until the rookie is ready to go. Like Tyrod and fitz this season.

At the end of the day, the Pats made the plays. TD on 4th down, goal line stand, no first down on Cardinals last set of downs and the winning drive. Good sign, but must win next week.

There will be QB talent available. In FA and the draft. We just have to find it.
Who knows .. alex smith could resurrect his career here... And get 3 super bowls.... And by drafting alex smith we instantly turn into the underdogs whom everyone would love to root....

Who knows .. alex smith could resurrect his career here... And get 3 super bowls.... And by drafting alex smith we instantly turn into the underdogs whom everyone would love to root....
I’d love to see Smith as our bridge QB here.

As far as draft position goes (and @KontradictioN this was my point) this year if you don't have the number one pick then everything else is a wash. What good is the #3 pick if Lawrence and Fields are off the board? They never had a chance at the number one pick with BB coaching. Might as well make an effort for a playoff run. Worst case scenario you end up with like the 13th pick instead which, again, how different is that from the 3rd pick when your top need is QB?
I don’t like Fields FWIW. I’d rather have Jones or Trask in the 2nd.

Boy you must be great at parties if this post has you triggered.

And yes I’m going to enjoy this win. I also stand by my opinion that it was a wasted pick.
tenor.gif

Cam: 11 games, 4 td passes.

7 ints.

Explain how that's acceptable, WiggyClones.

No it wasn’t. The letter of the law says it’s a penalty if he is moving toward his own end zone. He was not. He stopped and stood still.
That is exactly right. Watch the film. Jennings turns, stops and blocks. Vinovich blew the call.

Vinovich and his crew blew that call against the Saints a few years ago. He just blows.

No but I don't expect most people to have understood the immense opportunity this season present. Covid, no fans, opt outs, injuries and the GOAT leaves. Nobody would care if they, for this one season had a piss poor record. No one. If you had a top flight QB prospect coming into Fort Foxboro, all would have been forgotten.

Instead these useless wins, that will most likely only have a negative effect on the franchise are what people are cheering. People should be pissed at every single win. People always, here especially, look at other teams and say, gee wish we could get a player like that. Never could because they were always too good. This was the one time, a perfect storm to get that type of player, and they screwed it up.
You are still wrong.

We were never going to have a shot at Lawrence. This mindset speaks to how spoiled this fanbase is, thinking as soon as we don't have a guaranteed playoff run that we are in position to compete for last place against some of the dumpster fire franchises in this league.

Really? Care to cite the actual RULE?
Better yet.. Here it is:

It is an illegal "blindside" block if the initial force of the contact by a blocker's helmet (including facemask), forearm, or shoulder is to the head or neck area of an opponent when the blocker is moving toward his own endline and approaches his opponent from behind or from the side.

Jennings didn't hit the guy in the head or neck area.
It is called under blindside hit but it’s not what was called. You can’t block going toward your own goal line

lets clarify. Big difference in getting reps over cam now than getting reps if we’re eliminated from playoff contention. Qb is going to be a need no matter what; maybe stid shows some improvement that even if he’s destined as a career backup he could be a cheap bridge starter next year until the rookie is ready to go. Like Tyrod and fitz this season.
Like I said in another topic I would agree if we had a QB on the roster that showed promise as maybe our future guy.

Stidham ain‘t it. He is not very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore