PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Oficial Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Cardinals

Status
Not open for further replies.
After this Cam performance, I really want to see Stidham play. Not because I think he will be the next Tom Brady and our futur starter. I want to see him just because I want to try something else. If the fact that he doesn’t play means that Bill know what he has which is not an NFL caliber player because Cam is maybe the worst starting QB in the league. So I really don’t understand why he is dressing every Sunday as our backup if he can’t play.

Imo something happened during training camp that led Stidham in the dugout.

maybe everyone is right and it will be worse with him but there is chance that it could be better also. You have nothing to lose in trying at worst you have a better draft pick. I just think Bill told Cam that he will ride him out no matter what
They already gave Stidham his shot vs KC. He was horrible. Don’t care to see that again. The fact that Cam is still starting tells me all I need to know about what Bill’s opinion is.

Change for a good reason and a chance to improve is better than change just for the heck of it.

Stid is so bad, holy hell. God I hope we don't see him again. And I am well aware to the limitations of Cam. I'd rather have a CoVId-addled Cam than Stid.

He's bad. Like real bad. Not NFL caliber.

Would love for him to make me eat crow on this.

Belichick has one playoff win without an elite QB. He’s the greatest coach ever, but he can’t defy logic.

If the strategy is hope for something unlikely, don’t be surprised if next year we are in the same spot

Stop trying to re-write history. Brady was good early in his career but was not “elite”. What BB did in 2011 still amazes me. That team had no business winning a championship that year.

Because Edelman is on injured reserve and the #3 QB is Brian Hoyer.:ninja:
Random thing I read regarding our current QB#4 Meyers' attending Cam's 7on7 in HS. Cam said Meyers was great at the deep stuff but was lacking in the short and intermediate. Hopefully he attends his own camp this summer.

Stop trying to re-write history. Brady was good early in his career but was not “elite”. What BB did in 2011 still amazes me. That team had no business winning a championship that year.
Okay you got 2001. 2002 Brady led the league in TD passes. 2003 Brady got MVP votes. 2004 pretty much everyone considered him in a rivalry with Manning. By 2006 Dan Marino was saying that if he beat the Colts in the AFCCG and won a 4th SB against Chicago he is the youngest QB to be in the GOAT conversation.

And the 2001 team was a night and day difference when Brady took over for Bledsoe.

I'm not the one rewriting history. And there's 5 years in Cleveland and 3 years here (including this one) you can use.

Okay you got 2001. 2002 Brady led the league in TD passes. 2003 Brady got MVP votes. 2004 pretty much everyone considered him in a rivalry with Manning. By 2006 Dan Marino was saying that if he beat the Colts in the AFCCG and won a 4th SB against Chicago he is the youngest QB to be in the GOAT conversation.

And the 2001 team was a night and day difference when Brady took over for Bledsoe.

I'm not the one rewriting history. And there's 5 years in Cleveland and 3 years here (including this one) you can use.

Guys like Edelman, Meyers, Malcolm Butler, JC Jackson, and yes Brady owe their entire careers to Belichick. That's not to say those guys didn't work super hard and obviously have talent. But without BB I don't know they make anyone else's NFL roster. Probably get cut a couple times and go sell insurance. BB has the balls to play the best guys regardless of "pedigree"

Neither did the Giants. :mad:

Guys like Edelman, Meyers, Malcolm Butler, JC Jackson, and yes Brady owe their entire careers to Belichick. That's not to say those guys didn't work super hard and obviously have talent. But without BB I don't know they make anyone else's NFL roster. Probably get cut a couple times and go sell insurance. BB has the balls to play the best guys regardless of "pedigree"
I shudder to think what this season would look like if Bill wasn't here. Imagine Josh as our coach with this roster? Yikes.

Brady was not an elite QB in this league in the first couple years of his career. I would say it's probably not that hot of a take to argue he could have been the third best QB in his division at that time.

Yes technically he led the league in 02 in TD passes but that stat alone does not make an elite QB. Aaron Brooks was 2nd in that category, one behind Brady and nobody was calling him great. Brady had an 85 passer rating, nothing special. He was also 23rd in the league in yards per attempt. That put him behind hall of famers like Jeff Blake and Rodney Peete.

Brady and the Pats don't win the SB either in 03 if they didn't have the best defense in football. Or if Drew Bennett didn't drop a layup from McNair in the playoffs. 07 was the first year Brady was accepted as an elite QB in the NFL.

Last edited:

And yet even in 2009 -- according to Pees -- BB was still taking most of his time during the week to further coach up Brady. Fascinating.. and fully not reconcilable with your revisionist timeline.

Why do people still have this inferiority complex about Brady and try to make him out as someone who stepped on the field and within months had become football Jesus ?

And yet even in 2009 -- according to Pees -- BB was still taking most of his time during the week to further coach up Brady. Fascinating.. and fully not reconcilable with your revisionist timeline.

Why do people still have this inferiority complex about Brady and try to make him out as someone who stepped on the field and within months had become football Jesus ?
Could Brady have won championships with an inferior coach? I'm not sure he could have. He probably would have with a good coach though like say Payton or Reid instead of Belichick. Just like I think Belichick would not have won any titles with a crap QB but probably would have with a good QB not named Brady.

Neither did the Giants. :mad:

Sh*t, my bad. I meant to write 2001.

As for 2011, that SB was painful in many ways but, in my opinion, it would’ve felt a little bit dirty winning it with Hernandez playing such a key role.

Reactions: sb1

Yup. To Brady's credit he worked his arse off and made himself 20% better from 2000 to 2001 and every year for like 3 years. But in 2001 he was like a 180 yards per game passer/game manager. And Belichick had the foresight to keep his all pro QB on the bench for the potential. Only coach in the league who would have done this for Brady.

Back in 2001, Bledsoe kept passing up open underneath receivers to throw to covered deep receivers.

I think bb got fed up with Bledsoe not taking what the defense gave him and was elated when Brady could execute the design of a play.

Could Brady have won championships with an inferior coach? I'm not sure he could have. He probably would have with a good coach though like say Payton or Reid instead of Belichick. Just like I think Belichick would not have won any titles with a crap QB but probably would have with a good QB not named Brady.

You can win championships with Tier 2 guys like JimmyG. Like you are saying all you need is someone who is consistently somewhere between above average-to-good to compete. The better and more consistent the QB is the bigger your margin. But championship life doesn't start or end with elite QBs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back