PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Oficial Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Cardinals

Status
Not open for further replies.
thought it was common sense that it was meant to be a joke even though it’s true. It was a terrible pick.
Subtlety sometimes isn’t great on the internet

As far as draft position goes (and @KontradictioN this was my point) this year if you don't have the number one pick then everything else is a wash. What good is the #3 pick if Lawrence and Fields are off the board? They never had a chance at the number one pick with BB coaching. Might as well make an effort for a playoff run. Worst case scenario you end up with like the 13th pick instead which, again, how different is that from the 3rd pick when your top neeI don’t lik

I wanted the kid from BYU. He could have been within reach.

Like I said in another topic I would agree if we had a QB on the roster that showed promise as maybe our future guy.

Stidham ain‘t it. He is not very good.
Cam ain’t it either I just want them to try something else even if it’s « ain’t it » Stidham

How is a Helmet to Helmet hit a "clean hit"? The guy made no attempt to wrap up..
In realtime it didn't look like helmet to helmet to me. And in that circumstance, if the defender doesn't come with maximum force he is conceding the first down. I know the soft rules of today but I just can't fault the defender here.

It is called under blindside hit but it’s not what was called. You can’t block going toward your own goal line
I just gave you the rule.. You're just making sh!t up..

We were never going to have a shot at Lawrence. This mindset speaks to how spoiled this fanbase is, thinking as soon as we don't have a guaranteed playoff run that we are in position to compete for last place against some of the dumpster fire franchises in this league.
Sorry, Miss Polyanna, but we are the dumpster fire.

I'd like Stidham get as many chances as Cam got before making that conclusion personally
Seems to me the coaches already have tbh. He is not an NFL starting QB. His ceiling is backup and I question if he’ll even get there. There’s no point “seeing what you have” with a guy like that, he is who he is.

Missed opportunity for what? They were not getting a top 10 pick with Belichick even with this lack of talent. Get that out of your head. You can only hope either Garoppolo gets traded to you or the Pats pick up a nice QB in the later rounds for development.
Can always trade up.

Really? Care to cite the actual RULE?
Better yet.. Here it is:

It is an illegal "blindside" block if the initial force of the contact by a blocker's helmet (including facemask), forearm, or shoulder is to the head or neck area of an opponent when the blocker is moving toward his own endline and approaches his opponent from behind or from the side.

Jennings didn't hit the guy in the head or neck area.
Nor was he moving toward his own end line, nor was the hit from behind or the side. Fails every element, all of which must be present.

Like I said in another topic I would agree if we had a QB on the roster that showed promise as maybe our future guy.

Stidham ain‘t it. He is not very good.
If I was a betting man I would bet that your correct. I just would like to see him get an actual start and play an entire game to see if there’s any sort of improvement with his decision making and our passing offense if we have no shot at the playoffs.

You post about me all the time. You are obsessed with me. You don’t get to decide who posts here. How self centered and selfish are you?

Do you know how many people make comments about how abrasive and unstable your posts come off. You are such toxic entity on this board and add next to nothing but weirdo style venting. Stop posting about me if it bothers you so much. It’s so strange
Don't tell me what to do, troll. Go back to whatever cesspool site you first came from. You're no Patriot fan.

In realtime it didn't look like helmet to helmet to me. And in that circumstance, if the defender doesn't come with maximum force he is conceding the first down. I know the soft rules of today but I just can't fault the defender here.

The replay showed it clear as day. Both in full motion and slow motion.

Cam was already heading OOB. You don't have to lower your head the way the defender did.

If I was a betting man I would bet that your correct. I just would like to see him get an actual start and play an entire game to see if there’s any sort of improvement with his decision making and our passing offense if we have no shot at the playoffs.
I would say you’d use that time to evaluate Cam himself to see if the Pats would be interested in keeping him around next year.

Lance? I like Lance. He would be my second choice
I think he’s going to vault up the board after the Combine and will out of our range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes