PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Oficial Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Cardinals

Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet he’s still much better than the other QBs on the roster. That’s my point.
All three QB’s are extremely susceptible to turnovers and critical mistakes. The difference is Cam can also make plays that the other two cannot.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
Nope. We have talent issues right now, sure. But, we still have great ownership and the greatest HC of all time. Go root for the browns, jets, jaguars, bengals, bears, etc. for a while.
True on both counts. Yet we blow. Ain't life mysterious?

Been a fan since the "Boston" Patriots, by the way, been through a lot with them, so I guess I'm just not as emotionally fragile as you are. I can face facts.

I just want you and your arrogant egotistical moronic drivel removed from this Patriots fan board. This world isn't about YOU you arrogant moron.
I think,

Somebody hasn't punched his life-sized Roger Goodell inflatable the minimum two dozen times today...

BTW I know Patricia got fired but I'll always appreciate him sporting the clown T-shirt that day.

I think so too but hard to say. I think there's a chance they can get Wilson if they drop like 3 more games but probably not. In all likelihood Lawrence, Fields, Lance and Wilson will be gone before pick #7 or 8 IMO. Pats aren't bottom-8 bad.

Pats are going to end up drafting 15-20. I think the best player they can hope for is Kyle Pitts, if he drops a bit.

All three QB’s are extremely susceptible to turnovers and critical mistakes. The difference is Cam can also make plays that the other two cannot.
WHAT?!? When did these miracle plays happen exactly?

Cam has shown enough to say that he shouldn't be kept around. The horrendous 49ers game. The horrible passing where the receivers have bailed him out. Leading his receivers into hits. He did it again today with Meyers. We lucked out that Meyers didn't take a shot to the head. The horrible progressions.

People mentioned that he had Byrd, Harry and Meyers wide open at different times today and didn't get to them because he can't get through the progressions fast enough. He had Harry wide open across 3/4 of the field and only waited until Harry got to the sideline to attempt a throw. By then, there were three defenders near Harry even if it had been completed..

Harry is never wide open. No matter how far away the defense is. Cam would have better luck closing his eyes and throwing it into triple coverage

And yet he’s still much better than the other QBs on the roster. That’s my point.
And I don’t agree with that. I think that Stidham could do exactly the same as Cam. I definitely think that Stidham could throw for more than 80 yards

This is pretty much it right here. Other teams somewhat respect Cam’s run game and he can buy time and create a bit. Hoyer is a statue who can only make a pass if a guy is wide open and stationary and Stidham melts whenever he touches turf.

None of the three are answers, but pretending Stidham deserves a chance when he’s had chances under varying degrees of pressure and showed no positive qualities is just wish fulfillment.

The truth of the matter is we need to find a QB

And I don’t agree with that. I think that Stidham could do exactly the same as Cam. I definitely think that Stidham could throw for more than 80 yards
You think Stidham makes some of those first downs or the run at the end?

True on both counts. Yet we blow. Ain't life mysterious?

Been a fan since the "Boston" Patriots, by the way, been through a lot with them, so I guess I'm just not as emotionally fragile as you are. I can face facts.
Lol? It's definitely clear which one of us is a little sensitive. This team is a few less opt outs and moderately better QB play away from a playoff run.

Cam did enough not to lose this game. Weren't the Pats supposed to get obliterated by the Cards and their superest of super star QB's? Enjoyable football AFAIC but this is a season for evaluation at every position. I'm seeing players that want to play hard. Good enough. The draft will take care off itself but I'm a BB believer and I see him rebuilding right before our eyes.
+1. This team has no business being 5-6 yet here we are.

This is crazy but I think we should play Hoyer and Cam. Hear me out lol. Hoyer sucks but he throws a very catchable ball. Hoyer can throw perfect screens and short crossers. Do this only in the first quarter which we have been horrible at to possibly get some points and maybe even get a lead to start the game. Then give the reins to Cam and our running game with a lead.

WHAT?!? When did these miracle plays happen exactly?
He got the first down run at the end that set us up. Hoyer & Stidham would’ve gotten sacked and we’d have gone to OT.

I
This is crazy but I think we should play Hoyer and Cam. Hear me out lol. Hoyer sucks but he throws a very catchable ball. Hoyer can throw perfect screens and short crossers. Do this only in the first quarter which we have been horrible at to possibly get some points and maybe even get a lead to start the game. Then give the reins to Cam and our running game with a lead.
maybe some designed stuff with Hoyer

It is called under blindside hit but it’s not what was called. You can’t block going toward your own goal line
He was not going toward his own goal line. He was moving toward the opponent goal line and stopped.

This is pretty much it right here. Other teams somewhat respect Cam’s run game and he can buy time and create a bit. Hoyer is a statue who can only make a pass if a guy is wide open and stationary and Stidham melts whenever he touches turf.

None of the three are answers, but pretending Stidham deserves a chance when he’s had chances under varying degrees of pressure and showed no positive qualities is just wish fulfillment.

The truth of the matter is we need to find a QB
Stidham had one chance so far in his career. Against kc when a perfect pass to Edelman bounced off his hands for a pick6, pretty much ending the game.
his only other playing time was mop up in a blowout win last year and a blowout loss last year.
He may suck, but to say he had been given a chance is ignorant.

First off newton is awful and is the opposite of clutch. He could be the worst starting QB
In the nfl. Amazing they won today

Cardinalsls coach was a major reason why the pats won. Going for the TD at the end of half made no sense.

Special teams were great so that's something. Team still makes no sense. Lose to the broncos and Texans but win against the Ravens and Cardinals.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore