Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who starts week 1? (Not who you want to start but who you think will start)

• Cam Newton

Votes: 70 62.5%
  • Mac Jones

Votes: 19 17.0%
  • Ray Lewis definitely murdered a man

Votes: 23 20.5%

• Total voters
Reinfected maybe.

He might start, but when he does, he has to play at NFL speed.

Cam Newton always reticent with the set he's in
There is not a ball he quickly jettisons
Newton on the futon - take your medicine
Get the 'Rona with a bona they don't wanna let us in

Mac is the starter and Cam gets released.

Stats like this are completely ridiculous when one is throwing mostly against Devin McCourty and JC Jackson, compared to routinely just beating SloJuan Williams and Bentley over and over. Also love it when media shows their hands, in terms of being biased for Mac, by obsessively counting (inflating, even) how many drops a WR had to then give an 'adjusted' completion score. Just stop it.

Why would the media be biased?
What would they expect to gain?

When Jones is throwing against #2s he is throwing TO #2s. You seemed to leave that out in your bias.

If it was Cam bullet passes being dropped, absolutely certain the biased reporters wouldn't even be counting drops or reporting on them to create these fake 'adjusted' completion stats. An incompletion is an incompletion.

They have counted drops every day. They count them every year.

When Jones is throwing against #2s he is throwing TO #2s. You seemed to leave that out in your bias.
And #2's are blocking for him as well....

I assume Cam will be week-one starter. It will be interesting to see how the fans react to his play; I think he'll hear boos pretty quick if he doesn't move the offense.

I think Cam will be the starter and for longer then most people think. He will get hurt or dinged up at some point, your guess is as good as mine, 8 10 12 weeks somewhere in there and Mac will fill in for the 1-4 games he is out keeping the ship afloat and showing signs of what he can be down the road. Then next year with a full offseason to deep dive into the playbook and get an NFL body Mac takes the starter role, Cam signs somewhere else, and a Hoyer level vet is signed to be the back up. I am looking at Mac‘s long term potential and care more about that then the pats win total this year. If that takes another year of Cam so be it.

did Cam take all the first team reps in practice today? he did? with the entire first team offense? he did? I have no idea what BB is going to do BUT....after 20 years and seeing what I'm seeing as of today...Cam Newton is starting the season at QB for the NEP.

As I've said before, the only thing that would truly surprise me is Jones making his first start in Week 4.

And as I said over on reddit, if Cam plays well, all will be fine. But I don't think this fanbase will put up with four-game-losing-streak Cam in 2021.

did Cam take all the first team reps in practice today? he did? with the entire first team offense? he did? I have no idea what BB is going to do BUT....after 20 years and seeing what I'm seeing as of today...Cam Newton is starting the season at QB for the NEP.
No, Cam did not take all the first team reps today.

As I've said before, the only thing that would truly surprise me is Jones making his first start in Week 4.

And as I said over on reddit, if Cam plays well, all will be fine. But I don't think this fanbase will put up with four-game-losing-streak Cam in 2021.
& It's not just the losing streak possibility, although that's hard to separate from virus variables.

In addition to a short hook for Cam getting himself sick, he's exposing his team to physical risk but also to risk of forfeit. This year a player can take steps to remain healthy and has personal control of the ability to do so. The league is aware of this, and there are sanctions for voluntarily exposing others. What constituted "getting sick" last year will be treated in accordance with the changes on the ground introduced by the availability of vaccines, the increased infectiveness of the variants, and the league's placement of responsibility on teams with outbreaks. It's simple. He's a risk to lose us games as long as he persists in remaining unvaccinated. And no, antibodies from previous infection are not forever even with COVID classic.

When he was bad at his job last year, I kept rooting for him to do okay despite the virus. As little patience as we have for him going out and stinking it up on the field, how are we going to feel about him forcing a forfeit? It is likely (though subject to his own politics) that Bill will be a hard-nosed realist and be pro-football, anti-politics, pro-ruthlessness when it comes to the product on the field.

Meanwhile, the team more and more seems to have an NFL-ready alternative to Cam waiting in the wings. That makes the "ruthless" review of the situation one NFL-ready QB who does not expose the team to the risk of forfeit vs. one NFL-ready QB who does expose the team to the risk of forfeit. That adds a huge possibility of Cam losing the starting position.

Coronavirus might be to Cam what Mo Lewis was to Drew.

PS, I have, but will not express, an opinion about whether or not it is a good thing to infect your teammates with a deadly pathogen. I am only talking about the effect of player choices on their prospects. You can't do this guesswork without incorporating the known facts.

No, Cam did not take all the first team reps today.
my mistake...he took the first series with the 1's...what does that even mean? we'll see more cards in BB's hand this weekend..

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back