PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official pregame TNF thread: Pats @ Falcons

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just don't bother. Guns is tops w/ 10 KRs for 24yds per.

Honestly, unless you have an all time great, worrying about KR is a lot of wasted energy. Half (or more) will be touchbacks, and the rest of the results range from the 20-30 yard line. Gunner is fine there, and if he's not, I don't really care as long as whoever it is doesn't fumble.

Honestly, unless you have an all time great, worrying about KR is a lot of wasted energy. Half (or more) will be touchbacks, and the rest of the results range from the 20-30 yard line. Gunner is fine there, and if he's not, I don't really care as long as whoever it is doesn't fumble.
Exactly. Do nothing and it comes out to the 25. I'll take it.

CHI leads the league with 29 KRs. Big deal.

We are 13th w 23.1 yards per KR w/ 15 returns.

This is all that matters....

Screen Shot 2021-11-17 at 2.12.14 PM.png

They have always been a mix during the Belichick years. At some points there wasn't a lot of mixing and they were mostly either zone or man. The mix will never change. But they have become a predominant cover-2 zone team in recent weeks. They do throw a some man in there, but I would say a majority (a significant majority in a game or two) has been zone. I don't expect that to change this week especially with Atlanta's offense in tatters with both Patterson and Ridley out.

I am sure they will run some man. And putting Jackson on Pitts would be the smart move. Hell, double team him all the time in man too. It isn't like Ryan has anyone else to throw to who scares you.

Hayden Hurst is pretty good, but their WRs are a mess and if CP doesn't play then their RBs don't scare anyone either... I would bracket Kyle Pitts on Every. Single. Snap.

Patterson has been really good. Hope he is healthy but not for this game
Yeah this game isn't the Super Bowl so it's high risk low reward for him playing.

He is listed as questionable but I'd guess he will sit this one if he has a high ankle sprain.

Last edited:
Celtics are in Atlanta tonight, might be more fans tomorrow than there typically would be. Wouldn't be surprised if a lot of road fans are going to both.

plenty of tickets available, some as low as $36

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back