PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official pregame TNF thread: Pats @ Falcons

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, you gotta be the 2015 and 2016 Seahawks to run zone all the time and be effective. Otherwise, you need to mix it up.

That's not what I mean by a Man/Zone Mix. I mean that, literally, most of the players are in zone, but 1 player is in Man coverage. They did this back when Revis was here.

Hayden Hurst is pretty good, but their WRs are a mess and if CP doesn't play then their RBs don't scare anyone either... I would bracket Kyle Pitts on Every. Single. Snap.
Hayden Hurst has been ineffectual this year for Atlanta.

Despite being on the field for 52% of the snaps, he has all of 20 receptions for 158 yards. He's also had 3 fumbles this year.

Hayden Hurst has been ineffectual this year for Atlanta.

Despite being on the field for 52% of the snaps, he has all of 20 receptions for 158 yards. He's also had 3 fumbles this year.
He’s been ruled out for this game anyways! :)

That's not what I mean by a Man/Zone Mix. I mean that, literally, most of the players are in zone, but 1 player is in Man coverage. They did this back when Revis was here.

I honestly don’t remember them doing that with Revis, but that was seven years ago. I remember them starting the season in zone and then switch to man coverage. But not a mix of the two. But I’ll take your word for it.

I honestly don’t remember them doing that with Revis, but that was seven years ago. I remember them starting the season in zone and then switch to man coverage. But not a mix of the two. But I’ll take your word for it.
Yea I couldn't remember either but they did - at least this game.

28-3 good guys.

WEEI's John Anderson says 28-3 jokes aren't funny anymore

Loop Trump GIF

Last edited:
Fella on Good Morning Football said Ryan and Mac are top two rated QBs per PFF since week 4.

Fella on Good Morning Football said Ryan and Mac are top two rated QBs per PFF since week 4.
Matty's last 4 games are below average.

...and now he's facing the #2 defense in the NFL

Matty's last 4 games are below average.

...and now he's facing the #2 defense in the NFL

To that point, they also debated who would have the better game, Mac or Matt. Overall, they felt Mac would win, and Matt would have the better stats. Fairly superficial analysis when you consider the Pat's have a top defense that is very physical while Atlantas defense is on the opposite end of the spectrum. It would not surprise me to see Mac outduel Matt (doesn't really matter tbh) and get the win.

This is a very interesting and potentially crucial game. On paper, the Falcons are duds. They should be one of the easiest teams on our schedule. That said they did pull off wins vs the Saints and Dolphins who we lost to AND more importantly we are traveling on a short week. So this could be a bit more of a trap game than usual.

Also we have a tough stretch coming up of Titans, Bills, Colts, Bills with the bye in the middle. That stretch will pretty much decide everything about our season. Patriots winning out would make them 11-4 with the Jags and Dolphins as winnable games, we'd lead the division and honestly have a real shot at the number 1 seed if the Titans take another loss. Now that's obviously best cast scenario stuff. Even splitting that stretch would get us 9-6 and very possibly a 11-6 finish which should pretty much guarantee a playoff spot if not a the division depending on the Bills the rest of the way

So ideally we can go and grit this one out against a poor team and have a long week to prepare for the Titans.

To that point, they also debated who would have the better game, Mac or Matt. Overall, they felt Mac would win, and Matt would have the better stats. Fairly superficial analysis when you consider the Pat's have a top defense that is very physical while Atlantas defense is on the opposite end of the spectrum. It would not surprise me to see Mac outduel Matt (doesn't really matter tbh) and get the win.
Only reason to watch that show is Kay Adams.

I want to see a deeper dive into this, though. In the first few games, Jones was getting blitzed constantly - is part of this him showing that blitzing wasn't really working? Is part of it him seeing and calling out a blitz earlier, maybe even forcing a Defensive signal change?

This is more than the OL, although that's improved greatly, as well.

Just posted this in Ken's thread, but I'll repeat here. Since TNF became a regular part of the schedule, the Patriots are 7-1 in those games (not including season openers after SB wins, only the games on short rest). This speaks to Belichick's ability to gameplan and prepare a team efficiently compared to most NFL head coaches. The one loss was last year at the Rams, which was a west coast game against a great team with a 2020 roster that was pretty limited.

Good test for Mac with his first game on short rest. I'm excited to see how he responds.
That record is ridiculous.

Yeah, not worried about tonight.

I expect the DL of Pats to feast on Ryan tonight. The Falcons OL is a ****e show, I mean it is a freaking joke. They have guys out there starting that shouldn't even be on most teams practice squads. Keep an eye out on where Mayfield is playing and watch Pats defenders whisper at him and he falls down!

The Falcons DL is almost as bad with the exception of Grady Jarret. Pats OL should have no problem protecting Mac.

I am so excited about going to game! I bet there will be more Pats fans than Falcons fans, or at least as many!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes