PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official pregame TNF thread: Pats @ Falcons

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
28-3, Falcons have the ball with 2 seconds left at their own 38 yard line. Arthur Blank is screaming at Arthur Smith "If you don't take a safety to make this any other score you're fired! I'm not going to be the subject of a thousand 28-3 memes again so give them the 2 points."

Ooops sorry Arthur.

Belichick alluded there's not as much preparation in a short week you are either not putting enough time into every situation or your guessing and focusing on what you think they will do you aren't prepared when they surprise you with the game plan.

I hate Thursday games.

Hoping for Patriots win but Belichicks concerns are valid to me.

Pats are playing another create a Coach in Madden who are not known for anything. There sure are a lot of these guys lately.

Pats are playing another create a Coach in Madden who are not known for anything. There sure are a lot of these guys lately.
Arthur Smith is actually one of Fred Smith (founder of Fed Ex) 10 kids. All of which are pretty successful in various careers. The mere fact that he didn't just get a job in Daddy's company (cough, Steve, cough Brian) and went and did something else in a very competitive field should give him some credit.

Arthur Smith is actually one of Fred Smith (founder of Fed Ex) 10 kids. All of which are pretty successful in various careers. The mere fact that he didn't just get a job in Daddy's company (cough, Steve, cough Brian) and went and did something else in a very competitive field should give him some credit.
My point was back in the day, Coaches like Bill weren’t given HC jobs overnight and were known names around the league for offense or defense. These days, too many Coaches are getting HC gigs after 1-2 years as a coordinator and are unknowns. And some have never even been a coordinator.

Was the name “Matty Ice” the least deserving nickname you’ve ever heard?

I’ve never seem a QB as shell shocked as Ryan in the 4th quarter of SB51. Look at his body language on the sideline.

More importantly, look at his body language when he gets the ball back with 0:57 left. Absolute panic and fear. Running around pre-snap yelling, immediately throwing the ball for two yards without even looking downfield.

Belichick alluded there's not as much preparation in a short week you are either not putting enough time into every situation or your guessing and focusing on what you think they will do you aren't prepared when they surprise you with the game plan.

I hate Thursday games.

Yep, the TNF games should ONLY feature teams coming off bye weeks... That means No TNF for the first few weeks of the season until the bye weeks begin; after the season-opening TNF game of course...

I hate Thursday games.

It affects both teams. So it’s an advantage for the Patriots.

what coach in the NFL would you expect to do the best job of dealing with that challenge?

who would be next best?

How much performance differential separates them?

Yep, the TNF games should ONLY feature teams coming off bye weeks... That means No TNF for the first few weeks of the season until the bye weeks begin; after the season-opening TNF game of course...
So in this scenario, plan to play two games on Thursday? Start early like the opening week MNF?

It affects both teams. So it’s an advantage for the Patriots.

what coach in the NFL would you expect to do the best job of dealing with that challenge?

who would be next best?

How much performance differential separates them?
We've seen teams beat us on short weeks before or our team under perform.
That's my only concern for this evenings game.
Our Pitts going nuts against our linebackers.

Smith's first coaching job was on the team whose field is named FedEx Field. I'm sure that's just a coincidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick