PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Pre Game Thread- J-E-T-E @ Patriots

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe some secondary help on the way:

I’m surprised it took that long. JJ Williams is another one (along with Harry) that I’d love to know what the team was thinking when they gifted him with a roster spot.

Interestingly enough, it was Bethel coming in for a play and breaking up a pass that led to the Dugger interception. I don't want him out there for tons of snaps, but as emergency depth options go he's been solid. I like Bryant too though, in a different capacity. I was hoping he'd have earned more of a role this year by now but we'll see.

If Jonathan Jones continues to ail, then maybe Bryant's given some/more snaps at Slot CB... An opponent like da Jete, at home, seems the perfect opportunity to get him acclimated...

Comments:

a.) We cannot lose this game. Period.Full.Stop. It is a divisional and a conference game. A win here puts us up 2-1 in the division...with Miami in week 18 and the Bills 2X in between. Even if Miami gets Watson, I like our chances down in warm Miami in 2022.

b.) C.J. Mosely playing this one? Anyone know?

c.) Crowder playing too? He's dangerous. Keenan Cole makes plays too. Last time, we only had to deal with Davis, Moore, and Berrios.

d.) I'd like to see us shut down their rushing offense as well as we did Dallas' Michael Carter and TY Johnson had too much success in week 2, IMO.

e.) Offensively, I'd like to see more passing for this game or Rham or even JJ Taylor...I think we need to preserve Harris' ribs.

f.) I'd like to see us dominate on ST's too and keep Berrios from advancing beyond the 25 yard line either by coverage or kicking it OOB....and keep him from a good punt return...better yet...don't even punt.

Comments:

a.) We cannot lose this game. Period.Full.Stop. It is a divisional and a conference game. A win here puts us up 2-1 in the division...with Miami in week 18 and the Bills 2X in between. Even if Miami gets Watson, I like our chances down in warm Miami in 2022.

c.) Crowder playing too? He's dangerous. Keenan Cole makes plays too. Last time, we only had to deal with Davis, Moore, and Berrios.

d.) I'd like to see us shut down their rushing offense as well as we did Dallas' Michael Carter and TY Johnson had too much success in week 2, IMO.

e.) Offensively, I'd like to see more passing for this game or Rham or even JJ Taylor...I think we need to preserve Harris' ribs.

f.) I'd like to see us dominate on ST's too and keep Berrios from advancing beyond the 25 yard line either by coverage or kicking it OOB....and keep him from a good punt return...better yet...don't even punt.
Also gives us 3-1 in the conference - which right now is a better AFC record than each of the other 5 teams competing for a 7 seed.

Lose this one and it's lights out.

I’m surprised it took that long. JJ Williams is another one (along with Harry) that I’d love to know what the team was thinking when they gifted him with a roster spot.
I had high aspirations for J Williams after training camp, thought he played well and then that game horrible against the Texans and now he's benched...not sure if he will recover. He looked really, really bad that game...not even competitive.

I hold out hope for Harry, but he has given nobody any ounce of hope that he can play wr in this league.

Some good news:

Someone mentioned it earlier in this thread, but the concussion that Wade has, must be serious, he has missed practice since that 1st one.

Comments:

The pats down in warm miami has been awful for the past two decades in december. Its hard to see how a team that beat us in NE would get worse with a top 5 QB, but ok. We do need to win games outside our division too. Beating the jets is not going to help if the pats are 7-10

Also gives us 3-1 in the conference - which right now is a better AFC record than each of the other 5 teams competing for a 7 seed.

Lose this one and it's lights out.
Great point about the conference record!!!

Reactions: sb1
Great point about the conference record!!!
Yeah but its meaningless right now. Now is not really the time to be looking at seeding. They still have to play the chargers, bills twice, browns, etc.

Get this game and the Pats are 3-4 which will at least keep us in the hunt for competing for a playoff spot. I know it's unlikely, but it's better than losing to the Jest and going 2-5.

I already had us pegged out of the playoffs after the Miami loss, and doubleplus so after the Saints (as in I'd bet on us to not make the playoffs).

But regardless, even though I've been cynical and pessimistic all season (and the team has performed... somewhat similar to what I thought), I wouldn't be surprised of this ends up as a good beatdown on the Jets here on Foxborough.

I just hate how I wouldn't be surprised if we still lose to them as well though :crying:

Get this game and the Pats are 3-4 which will at least keep us in the hunt for competing for a playoff spot. I know it's unlikely, but it's better than losing to the Jest and going 2-5.
I wish that Chargers game was home. Would rather have them come to Foxboro than us go to the west coast for that one.

I guess we did clobber them last year so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back