PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Pre Game Thread- J-E-T-E @ Patriots

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashley

Banned
Reaction score
Can't wait to play this game!!! We have had some really tough losses and the game against Dallas aged me about 10 years. lol

Hoping to get back into the win column this week and inch closer to the 500 mark....it's funny how a bounce of the ball here and there and we could be 5-1 or 4-2 and tied for the afc east lead and all opinions would be different. Oh well, let's get back on track against one of my most hated teams...the Jets......getting everyone ready for Tuesday!!!

Going to be interesting to monitor the injury situation to our O-line this week....can Mason come back, who plays RT?

Let's hope we don't make it a breakout game for Wilson as we did Davis Mills. Getting tired of seeing bum QBs having career days on us.

Let's hope we don't make it a breakout game for Wilson as we did Davis Mills. Getting tired of seeing bum QBs having career days on us.
My prediction- we are going to make a statement to every other team in the AFC this week....we are not going to be a pushover and we are here to stay!!!!!! I can feel it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My prediction- we are going to make a statement to every other team in the AFC this week....we are not going to be a pushover and we are here to stay!!!!!! I can feel it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow...

5qzxzv.gif

;)

If we don't win this game, it's a sign BB has lost it...I'd be really annoyed if this game is even close

Last night i dreamt they were loosing 24-6 with the jets going for another score.. what a nightmare!@

Jets are pathetically bad. We are lucky to have them on our schedule 2x. We should win this one easily. It's nice when in your first 7 games, you get 3 games against the worst teams in the NFL (Jets 2x, Texans). Jets have horrendous coaching, especially on offense. They have no clue how to play call correctly. Wilson is forced to gunsling it against our pretty good defense, expect a lot of turnovers. Mac doesn't have to do much, a few scores will get it done.

Pats 24-7

Love the enthusiasm, but it's really hard to make a statement against a team like the Jets. We beat the Chargers 45-0 last year, and even that didn't really feel like a statement game (and ended up not being one). We just need to take care of business this week and not look ahead. The Chargers (ironically) next week IN Los Angeles would be the far bigger statement game if we win it.

Love the enthusiasm, but it's really hard to make a statement against a team like the Jets. We beat the Chargers 45-0 last year, and even that didn't really feel like a statement game (and ended up not being one). We just need to take care of business this week and not look ahead. The Chargers (ironically) next week IN Los Angeles would be the far bigger statement game if we win it.

We will be 3-4 after the jets. The real question is can we beat an above average NFL team? The focus is on the jets right now, but bigger questions will be answered down the road

One of our few games left that I feel confident the Pats can actually win.

Would not be shocked if they win us tho:

People keep on forgetting that Zach Wilson had 4 horrible interpretations that he forces and threw poorly... and despite that, that game was still only 13-3 early in the 4th I think. Our run defense wasn't even that good in that game.

And we've seen Zach put together some good second halves since then. If he doesn't turn the ball over much and the game is close in the 4th... watch out.

The Pats have become one of those teams that have trouble winning. I have no reason to trust them in the clutch after after Miami debacle.

We will be 3-4 after the jets. The real question is can we beat an above average NFL team? The focus is on the jets right now, but bigger questions will be answered down the road
Hoping for 3-4 and then it's "game on"!!! We are so close...could have/should have beaten Tampa/Dallas/Miami...hoping we start getting the bounce of the ball!!! At the very minimum, we know we can compete with anyone, now it's a matter of winning these close games. Having a great "closer" like Tom always helped, but hoping Mac can continue improving. Love what I see so far from him.

Ticket Alert. I just posted our seats for sale on the Exchange. A bit higher than face. Section 336. You can watch all those fancy McDaniels plays develop from up high....

One of our few games left that I feel confident the Pats can actually win.

Would not be shocked if they win us tho:

People keep on forgetting that Zach Wilson had 4 horrible interpretations that he forces and threw poorly... and despite that, that game was still only 13-3 early in the 4th I think. Our run defense wasn't even that good in that game.

And we've seen Zach put together some good second halves since then. If he doesn't turn the ball over much and the game is close in the 4th... watch out.

The Pats have become one of those teams that have trouble winning. I have no reason to trust them in the clutch after after Miami debacle.
Yeah. My thoughts too. The Jets are better than week 2. We are having issues figuring out how to win. If this game is close, it could go either way.

It's sad. Jets weeks used to be events. There was a big rivalry even though the Patriots typically won every game. Now there is no juice for the game. Even before Brady left, the magic was gone because the Jets have been bad for so long. Hopefully and Mac vs Zach rivalry can develop and renew the rivalry.

Pats will win. Jets are not a good team. Pats are not a great team either but jets are on another side of bad.

Hoping for 3-4 and then it's "game on"!!! We are so close...could have/should have beaten Tampa/Dallas/Miami...hoping we start getting the bounce of the ball!!! At the very minimum, we know we can compete with anyone, now it's a matter of winning these close games. Having a great "closer" like Tom always helped, but hoping Mac can continue improving. Love what I see so far from him.
Issue is, have a close loss to good team, but then have a close win vs one of the worst teams in football. There is no consistency, thats a sign of a average to below average team. I mean the titans beat the Bills. The Jets beat the titans, does that mean anything? No. Your record is your record. There is never one play that wins or loses a game.

Issue is, have a close loss to good team, but then have a close win vs one of the worst teams in football. There is no consistency, thats a sign of a average to below average team. I mean the titans beat the Bills. The Jets beat the titans, does that mean anything? No. Your record is your record. There is never one play that wins or loses a game.
Definitely agree, we have to be more consistent...hoping that starts against the Jets this week!!!!!! Then it's off to the races!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back