PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Pre Game Thread- J-E-T-E @ Patriots

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely agree, we have to be more consistent...hoping that starts against the Jets this week!!!!!! Then it's off to the races!!!!
No better place to start. lol. All football, good players bad players good teams bad teams is all consistency. Even the worst player can make an amazing play, even a bad team can win a game they shouldnt, its about doing it consistently, its what separates bad from good.

I actually would like to see Hall come back, he looked OK at times last year and the linebackers have been iffy. It couldn’t hurt.

I actually would like to see Hall come back, he looked OK at times last year and the linebackers have been iffy. It couldn’t hurt.
Ross, wondering if we see more of Jamie this week, I didn't see how many snaps he received in the Cowboy game, but don't remember seeing him on the field too much.

Ross, wondering if we see more of Jamie this week, I didn't see how many snaps he received in the Cowboy game, but don't remember seeing him on the field too much.
I have been wondering that too, and how good he'll be. Hightower seems to be on an upward trend, albeit slowly. Van Noy just looks plain slow, I don't know what's going on with him. It'd be nice if Collins could provide an upgrade even if he's not exactly the same type of player.

I have been wondering that too, and how good he'll be. Hightower seems to be on an upward trend, albeit slowly. Van Noy just looks plain slow, I don't know what's going on with him. It'd be nice if Collins could provide an upgrade even if he's not exactly the same type of player.
Agree, I am hoping to see an improvement from Uche as well....I am one of his biggest fans and he was great during camp and the first two games, but after his back injury, he seems to be a non factor.

I like the Patriots in this one, but I think people are overconfident, which is normal when you just blew out a team a few weeks ago. There’s no question Wilson is turnover-prone, but I don’t expect him to gift wrap 3-4 again.

Despite the scoreboard due to those turnovers, the Jets gave the Patriots some problems. Just 6.2 ypa passing and 3 sacks for 27 yards lost. 3-12 on third down. Jets defensive front, like the Saints, Bucs, is a good one. Jets also averaged 4.9 ypc on the ground and notably controlled the LOS.

I think this game will be competitive, but I think in the end the Patriots are the better team and Wilson will make more mistakes than Mac. But not an automatic win. I think they’re better overall than the Texans.

My prediction- we are going to make a statement to every other team in the AFC this week....we are not going to be a pushover and we are here to stay!!!!!! I can feel it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And that statement is: no matter what happens with our Patriots, the Jets ****ing suck and never forget that!

I like the Patriots in this one, but I think people are overconfident, which is normal when you just blew out a team a few weeks ago. There’s no question Wilson is turnover-prone, but I don’t expect him to gift wrap 3-4 again.

Despite the scoreboard due to those turnovers, the Jets gave the Patriots some problems. Just 6.2 ypa passing and 3 sacks for 27 yards lost. 3-12 on third down. Jets defensive front, like the Saints, Bucs, is a good one. Jets also averaged 4.9 ypc on the ground and notably controlled the LOS.

I think this game will be competitive, but I think in the end the Patriots are the better team and Wilson will make more mistakes than Mac. But not an automatic win. I think they’re better overall than the Texans.

I think there's definitely some unknown variance coming into this game, in the form of which rookie QB adjusts and learns from what he saw last time better. Saleh is a good defensive coach, so the effectiveness of our passing game in Mac's 2nd career game should keep that in mind. Same goes for Wilson. But I don't think you should be worried about Wilson suddenly balling on us, without also acknowledging that the Jets should be worried Mac can look much better than he did as well.

I wouldn't count on Zach Wilson's mom's son gifting us 4 picks again.

Maybe 3.

:D

Last edited:
Run defense needs to be better than last time, but they have been since then. The secondary doesn't even need to catch Wilson's passes, just prevent them from being completed. It's been the same story all season, the Jets can't score touchdowns unless they're getting chunk plays.

Nothing gets you back on track and in a good mood better than curb stomping the Jetes

New York slumpbusters.

Start the streak!

The only play I remember was historically typical Collins Sr...trailing the play and not making much effort (jogging) to reduce the space between him and whoever had the ball downfield (maybe 6-7 yards away).

Unfortunately I think his role is basically now "A gap" rusher where he'll make the extra effort. He did play in HT role a bit when High was sidelined with an "injury" but was back in a couple plays later (it might have been that play above) as they showed BB yelling at Collins and he wasn't seen (by me at least) after that.

Some transactions today:

Interestingly enough, it was Bethel coming in for a play and breaking up a pass that led to the Dugger interception. I don't want him out there for tons of snaps, but as emergency depth options go he's been solid. I like Bryant too though, in a different capacity. I was hoping he'd have earned more of a role this year by now but we'll see.

Good morning everyone, here is your Wednesday's schedule:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back