PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Pre- Game Thread- Bucs @ Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh. Considering the owner, coach and all the fans were all onboard for the first 75,000 yards, it might be weird if there wasn't a tip of the hat somehow. Although equally strange to have a celebratory moment for the opposing QB where the final yards came at the hometeam's expense.
Actually Brady is only 48 yards away.

Huh. Considering the owner, coach and all the fans were all onboard for the first 75,000 yards, it might be weird if there wasn't a tip of the hat somehow. Although equally strange to have a celebratory moment for the opposing QB where the final yards came at the hometeam's expense.

I guess my first question would be what is the standard NFL precedent for things like this when there ISN'T history between the player and the team? For example, if Brady were to break this record in Carolina, I would imagine the Panthers would acknowledge it, because it's a major NFL historical moment. They only reason the Patriots wouldn't do that as well is if they were intentionally spiteful, and that would look very petty IMO.

Belichick this week
Screenshot_20210928-110135_Reddit.jpg

The Oline needs to change its protection. Give the RB responsibility to block up the middle. It's really hard to expect a RB to guess left tackle or right tackle and be in the right position to block. And then make both tackles stout by throwing Onwenu to a tackle position. Don't put one of your best players on the interior, put your best OLinemen at both tackle positions.

This will be the fourth week in a row the Patriots are wearing their ugly home uniforms. Can’t we get a break?
I don't normally care much about uniforms but that one is hideous.
For a second opinion I asked my wife, the fashion expert, to see if she liked them. Nope.
I also saw the dog turn his head away rather than watch.
Together we give that uniform 4 thumbs and 4 paws down.

Word from Ivan the Terrible

"I love Tom Brady. I always have," Fears said Tuesday. "I spent 20 years with the young guy. I am very honored to have been a part of the team with him. I still think he's the greatest. But right now, that SOB is on the enemy. So however you put it, he's the enemy. I still love him, I think he's a great person, but I'm not going to be sharing any love when it comes to gametime. We'll share that love afterwards when it's all said and done.

I'm worried about a cheap shot by Suh on Jones.

The Oline needs to change its protection. Give the RB responsibility to block up the middle. It's really hard to expect a RB to guess left tackle or right tackle and be in the right position to block. And then make both tackles stout by throwing Onwenu to a tackle position. Don't put one of your best players on the interior, put your best OLinemen at both tackle positions.
You really have no idea how pass protection works do you? This reads like a child wrote it?

Genuinely asking, how are you this clueless after spending so much time in a football forum?

At some point all the diversions and excuses can't mask anymore that the oc is a fraud. I don't think BB is a fraud given he has a Superbowl gameplan beating the Buffalo Bills in the Hall of Fame, before Brady was ever drafted... but the oc is a fraud.

Did Josh bang your girlfriend/wife? That seems to be the only logical explanation for the continued attacks on him.

Even if he is terrible, it doesn't make sense to bash him in every thread possible

It's like the movie John Malkovich. McDaniels is the loser who doesn't realize it's actually him sucking that is the root cause. He always has a million excuses. The Pats have talent but this guy doesn't know how to put it together. It's just like he torpedoed the Denver franchise but within a couple years they won a ring without him.
So there is only 2 logical conclusions to make.

Either you are wrong about McDaniels.

Or

Bill Belichick is the worst HC of all time because he keeps Josh on his coaching staff, and brought him back after he left.

Against whatever terrible CB3 the Bucs will have, this would be the time.
He’ll be drawing single coverage almost exclusively this season. So there’s no excuse for him anymore.

I actually saw that the Bucs are the lowest-ranked pass defense in the league this season so far.

Imagine thinking that keeping Cam and playing him in this game would have worked out well. :D

So there is only 2 logical conclusions to make.

Either you are wrong about McDaniels.

Or

Bill Belichick is the worst HC of all time because he keeps Josh on his coaching staff, and brought him back after he left.

Yea it's making me question how dialed in Bill the goat is. I cringed when he said Durant and Herron were fine. He's repeating what someone on his staff told him.

FWIW: Bucs pass defense has faced these passing offenses
Cowboys (10th in league)
Falcons (25th)
Rams (6th)

And next up Pats (20th)

Pats also have the #2 pass defense in the NFL right now though they haven't played any good QB's yet... after Brady the Texans should be cake. Then Gilmore's return is hopefully right around the corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back