PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Pre- Game Thread- Bucs @ Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like it's a bit of a trap for the Patriots to try every crazy thing they can think of to beat the Bucs when they're still struggling with the fundamentals. Chasing long shots all game is a great way to get blown out of the building. Even in the 28-3 comeback Belichick really didn't do much of that outside 1 onside kick attempt late in the 3rd and a double pass attempt, and that was literally a historically desperate game situation.

If it's late in the game and they're within striking distance of a win, sure, maybe do something "crazy" to try to swing a win. But if you're trying fake punts and on side kicks in the first half at a point in the season where you're still struggling with basic kick coverage and run blocking that's a great way to find yourself on the wrong end of a 14 point swing. Those kind of reaches are more likely to turn a close game into a blowout loss than anything.

More than anything the Patriots need to clean up their fundamentals to compete with ANYBODY. Minimize penalties, keep the other team's big playmakers in front of the defense, maintain gap discipline defending runs, don't give up free rushers at the quarterback because of mental botches on blitz pickup. Just stop self-sabotaging and giving the other team freebies, and if it's a 1-2 score game in the 4th you can at least have a fighting chance.

Agreed. And, take the emotional side of things out of it (which I know is tough, because as robotic as he is sometimes, Bill and the rest of the team are still humans), and this is one of the five least important games on the schedule. If they're going to have a game where they pull out all the stops and empty the trick bag, I want it to be against Buffalo.

With Gilmore out there will be 2+ route mismatches in the Bucs favor on... every single snap.

The only way our DBs have a chance is if Brady is pressured, preferrebly up the middle. If Barmore can get pressure up the middle and Uche/Judon around the edges, our DBs have a chance.

Some of you local guys should go trash this thing.

Attachments

• 1632834246561.png
    1632834246561.png
    667.4 KB · Views: 11
Getting everyone ready for Tuesday:

With the energy the Buccaneers played with Sunday, and Bowels only playing his two big defensive tackles about 50% of snaps, it has me thinking they were already looking ahead to this game and that they want to kill the Patriots by 40 or 50 points if possible. If Gronk and Brown play I think Brady is going to try and target them as much as possible in the red zone. The loss of Gilmore will be felt this game.
I think the Bucs are playing the long game like the patriots are used to do. They try to keep their tackle healthy. They have multiple key injuries on defense. They will get better as the season goes. They are from a finished product same as the patriots. Which contrast with the Rams which, in my opinion, can’t really play better football than what they are doing right now.

The Rams also beat the Bucs last year with Jared Goff as QB instead of Stafford. The Rams are a really good team. To say the only reason they could beat Tampa is because Tampa wasn't focused is a disservice to LA and elevating the Bucs to a kind of transcendent level of "No one can beat them if they actually try". They're REALLY good, and I expect the Pats to lose on Sunday, but let's not get silly.
I don’t think the Bucs didn’t try to beat the Rams. But like I said, I think the Bucs are far from playing their best football. They have multiple injuries on D and are trying to see what they can do. They will get better. Can the Rams play better than what they are right now? IMO, I don’t think so. If they can maintain that level for another 14+ weeks kudos to them.

I don’t think the Bucs didn’t try to beat the Rams. But like I said, I think the Bucs are far from playing their best football. They have multiple injuries on D and are trying to see what they can do. They will get better. Can the Rams play better than what they are right now? IMO, I don’t think so. If they can maintain that level for another 14+ weeks kudos to them.

That's fair, and I can agree with that. My main point was just that we don't need to find weird reasons for one good team to lose to another good team on the road.

Good point. That was the Rams best game and Stafford made a few INT worthy throws. In the playoffs we will see how he handles his business or if McVay will be less aggressive should things not start off well for them. It reminded me of the last philly superbowl where every single thing philly did went right so they could just keep doing what they wanted to do. If one of those things wouldn't of worked or the proper penalty called, it might not of been enough.

Agreed. And, take the emotional side of things out of it (which I know is tough, because as robotic as he is sometimes, Bill and the rest of the team are still humans), and this is one of the five least important games on the schedule. If they're going to have a game where they pull out all the stops and empty the trick bag, I want it to be against Buffalo.
Agreed. I have been saying that Bill's gonna coach it up as a week 4 non-conference game and not the end all-be all of the 2021 season.

Sherman visiting TB today

Some of you local guys should go trash this thing.
Posted that in a separate thread not sure why it got locked. Was going to add that this bugged me more seeing it in Foxboro
1632839005007.png

I suspect Bill will make them run 30 times to win and Brady knows it. Lots of nickel and dime. Take away the big gash plays through the air. Makes sense.

Bucs bringing in Richard Sherman for a "meeting" lol...

The Patriots defense will lock Brady down and keep him below the 58 passing yards needed to pass Drew Brees for the NFL record.

After Brady loses this Sunday, he will have missed his chance to beat all 32 NFL teams and join Farve and Manning.

Cant wait.

If the team that self-clowned itself against the Saints shows up on Sunday night it will be a bloodbath. If a Patriot team shows up we might have a good game.

The Patriots defense will lock Brady down and keep him below the 58 passing yards needed to pass Drew Brees for the NFL record.

After Brady loses this Sunday, he will have missed his chance to beat all 32 NFL teams and join Farve and Manning.

Cant wait.
Yeah thats probably not going to happen, unless someone snipers Brady from the stands.

I suspect Bill will make them run 30 times to win and Brady knows it. Lots of nickel and dime. Take away the big gash plays through the air. Makes sense.
Yeah, they are what in running offense like 30rd or something i believe...this fits our weaker run defense.
Btw I acknowledge your winning second week Predict the score, good job :D
BB's team worst nightmare was funny though

@sb1 posted about the anti Bill billboard. That gave me a good laugh that someone would go out of their way and burn money on a billboard like that. They had let the Boston people know.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes