PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Pre- Game Thread- Bucs @ Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashley

Banned
Reaction score
With both teams losing in week 3, there might not be as much buzz about this game as we thought. Let's see. We need to get a win very badly.Hopefully, Trent Brown and Josh Uche will be back. I am not expecting James White back anytime soon, but hopefully, we'll hear something this week.

Please no trolling in this thread, I know there are a lot of passionate posters on here about both Bill and Tom, please let's not make this thread about that. Let's discuss this weeks game. Tampa I am hearing is coming in a little beat up, something to monitor.

Let's discuss!!!!!

Harry couldn't hurt this offense could he?

Hopefully Brown isn’t back, but something tells me he will be. I think we’re about to get clapped. Would love to be wrong, though.

Hopefully Brown isn’t back, but something tells me he will be. I think we’re about to get clapped. Would love to be wrong, though.

Brown and JPP…

This game lots a lot of its thunder with us being so bad. I am really not looking forward to at all. I think Brady is under 100 yards from breaking the passing record too.

Had Tampa Bay won easily against a hyped Rams team I could see them having a letdown game against the Pats, but not now.

The Rams styled on the Tampa Bay secondary, but the Pats don't have the Rams OL, receivers or QB.

Tampa's run D has remained a brick wall against better running teams than the Pats. Their pass rush vs. this OL might be the worst matchup yet.

Without a healthy Gilmore I don't see how the Pats cover Evans, Godwin, Gronk and (probably) Brown. Brady is getting pressured less than his career average this season so far so he will probably have time against a Pats pass rush that peaks at... "fine'?

Tampa's run game has looked more average this season so far, but against the DL it wouldn't surprise me if they break off big plays again. The Pats DL just looks soft way too often.

I'd like to be wrong about the Pats but right now it just looks like a bad matchup.

I had a hard time seeing us win this one before the season started (tall order to ask a team with a rookie QB and so many new faces to gel in time to beat a defending champ with a ton of continuity by week 4). After these first three weeks it looks even less likely. Stranger things have happened, but it's going to take a MASSIVE turnaround for all three units, and even then we probably need a big ST play and a few lucky bounces to pull this one out.

This game lots a lot of its thunder with us being so bad. I am really not looking forward to at all. I think Brady is under 100 yards from breaking the passing record too.

he’s about 68 yards away…first play of the game will be a 70 yard bomb to Gronk. i wonder if the Pats will hold a mini celebration for him in the middle of the game?

Had Tampa Bay won easily against a hyped Rams team I could see them having a letdown game against the Pats, but not now.

The Rams styled on the Tampa Bay secondary, but the Pats don't have the Rams OL, receivers or QB.

Tampa's run D has remained a brick wall against better running teams than the Pats. Their pass rush vs. this OL might be the worst matchup yet.

Without a healthy Gilmore I don't see how the Pats cover Evans, Godwin, Gronk and (probably) Brown. Brady is getting pressured less than his career average this season so far so he will probably have time against a Pats pass rush that peaks at... "fine'?

Tampa's run game has looked more average this season so far, but against the DL it wouldn't surprise me if they break off big plays again. The Pats DL just looks soft way too often.

I'd like to be wrong about the Pats but right now it just looks like a bad matchup.
Sean, I think you make some good points. In an ideal world both teams would have been 3-0 heading into this week. That would have been great, instead we are coming off a really bad performance by the Pats. I actually saw some of the Bucs game yesterday afternoon and they looked vulnerable against the pass, but can we take advantage? With the way our O-line played yesterday, I'm not sure. I do think we will improve, but it might take a few weeks and the Bucs have a lot of talent on their team.

Buccaneers secondary right now is worse than the 2011 Patriots but this version of the Patriots don't have the weapons to take advantage of it.

I agree, with us being bad so far and Tampa losing yesterday, a lot of the thunder.buzz is gone from this game.

I agree with these points. It is a horrific match up. Tampa's LBs can also cover our short game as well. That being said, if we can guys open on the perimeter vs their hobbled secondary than we have a chance for some plays. Both the Cowboys and Rams did that really well. It really stinks that w lost White as he would have been the best guy to throw out there. Tampa also has a tough time defending screens so we may need Taylor or Bolden for some of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots