PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Pre- Game Thread- Bucs @ Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read somewhere that Tampa has had this game circled for a while now. They really want to win badly for Brady…

Tampa's LBs can also cover our short game as well.
That has been their problem all year. White is playing like crap right now. I think we can use our short passing game forcing the LB to respect the short stuff to open up the 10-20 yds passing plays.

The Rams had two quick drives but also three 10+ play drives. I think we can somewhat dink and dunk our way through the Bucs defense.

The NFL is literally upside down. Your 3-0 teams - Rams, Cards, Broncos, Raiders, Panthers. The Chiefs are in LAST place in the West and all the other 3 teams have only 1 loss combined. I have to say I am loving it!
I am intrigued by the Rams but I think they are playing perfect football right now and cannot play better than that. I think they will fade through the season. Cards might be able to do something. I except the raiders, panthers and Broncos to fall back to the pack.

I am intrigued by the Rams but I think they are playing perfect football right now and cannot play better than that. I think they will fade through the season. Cards might be able to do something. I except the raiders, panthers and Broncos to fall back to the pack.
Stafford had at least 3 WTH throws yesterday and 2 dropped picks by the Bucs. They did play a perfect game but I don't see them lasting all season especially in that division. IMO, the Niners are still the best team. I think the Rams crush the Cards and Hawks.

I agree with your second statement except for the Broncos. Their D is awesome and Teddy is a heady QB who does not make mistakes. They will be in every game just based on their D alone. If they can mange to just win 1 from the Chiefs then they are in excellent position to take that division.

The NFL is literally upside down. Your 3-0 teams - Rams, Cards, Broncos, Raiders, Panthers. The Chiefs are in LAST place in the West and all the other 3 teams have only 1 loss combined. I have to say I am loving it!
It is. Any given Sunday.

I hate being negative. Not worth my time or energy. Everyone knows TB is a vastly superior team and will most likely win. Why sit here and say we are going to get our ass kicked?

I just don't think the NEP are as bad as they were yesterday. I believe they will play MUCH better Sunday night.

Are they good enough to beat TB? Yes but they need to play almost perfect and TB needs to screw up.

They don't have a 1st rd pick until 2023.

That's how they roll.

It is. Any given Sunday.

I hate being negative. Not worth my time or energy. Everyone knows TB is a vastly superior team and will most likely win. Why sit here and say we are going to get our ass kicked?

I just don't think the NEP are as bad as they were yesterday. I believe they will play MUCH better Sunday night.

Are they good enough to beat TB? Yes but they need to play almost perfect and TB needs to screw up.
I am with you. I think Tampa will win because they are a superior team but I am very interested in still discussing the Xs and Os as match ups are key and the Tampa D is vulnerable.

Rams showed us how to play the buccs...Pass, Pass,Pass...exactly our strength right now...i hope we use some empty formation..I don't think they can cover Smith and Henry

I really hope this game is Mac's coming out party...a real passing of the torch.
I am begging for it.

I think it's a bit too soon but here is to hoping.

Rams showed us how to play the buccs...Pass, Pass,Pass...exactly our strength right now...i hope we use some empty formation..I don't think they can cover Smith and Henry
It’s not really our strength at all. The Saints routinely bailed after showing blitz and flooded the intermediate levels and everything between the hashes. They basically dared the O to go deep and we couldn’t. The Bucs will do the same thing and they have two LBs that can cover our TEs in man. Agholor just isn’t the guy. He’s a good WR2/split end, but we need someone else with speed across from him to take that other safety out of the box. That guy ain’t N’Keal Harry. Bourne is going to eventually be a force underneath, though. He’s starting to hit his stride.

It is. Any given Sunday.

I agree, we need some vet to step up and play much harder and faster..we need more nastyness if this is the right word.
I agree, we need to pass bc we won't push Vea or Suh around. I hope we try Onwenu at RT bc our O-Line needs some change, maybe personell i don't know if they play better with Karras for Herron but i hope we try it if they continue to struggle

Not sure how passing is our strength? Mac has barely been allowed to throw the ball more than 10 yards down the field. Defenses much worse than the Bucs have found a way to cover HH and Smith and the LB group in Tampa is more than athletic enough to handle them.

It’s not really our strength at all. The Saints routinely bailed after showing blitz and flooded the intermediate levels and everything between the hashes. They basically dared the O to go deep and we couldn’t. The Bucs will do the same thing and they have two LBs that can cover our TEs in man. Agholor just isn’t the guy. He’s a good WR2/split end, but we need someone else with speed across from him to take that other safety out of the box. That guy ain’t N’Keal Harry. Bourne is going to eventually be a force underneath, though. He’s starting to hit his stride.
I agree, i meant it ironically.

Not sure how passing is our strength? Mac has barely been allowed to throw the ball more than 10 yards down the field. Defenses much worse than the Bucs have found a way to cover HH and Smith and the LB group in Tampa is more than athletic enough to handle them.
Ok now I'm sure i wasn't clear enough sorry brother....i did not mean it serious

Bucs fan here... Yesterday, we were whipped, although Brady performed quite well. Our defense is NOT the same as was in last year's playoffs. Secondary is depleted (hence all the rumors about picking up Sherman.)

How is your pass-rush? As you guys well know, if you rattle Brady enough, mistakes and disruption of the game plan occur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back