PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Pre- Game Thread- Bucs @ Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were pushed around out there. Slow to react. Played uncertain.

They play like that again TB12 will hang 40 on us with one hand tied behind his back.
Yup, I thought this defense would be much better. In all honesty I'm not impressed with Hightower and van Noy so far. neither for run defense nor blitzing. I hope this is esp. regarding Hightower just due to the missed year. I expect them to be better with more games. Our D-Line seems sometimes to make solid plays but really inconsistent. I also wonder where Jennings is.

Yup, I thought this defense would be much better. In all honesty I'm not impressed with Hightower and van Noy so far. neither for run defense nor blitzing. I hope this is esp. regarding Hightower just due to the missed year. I expect them to be better with more games. Our D-Line seems sometimes to make solid plays but really inconsistent. I also wonder where Jennings is.
KVN had a good 1st game. Was hurt last week and I didn't really notice him yesterday. He was in on a couple plays I think.

High is always a slow-starter. He's still rusty. Let's hope the rust is gone Sunday night.

I agree. They have been out there a bit but haven't done much. $20 mill between the two of them and we are getting almost nothing for it.

I wouldn’t be surprised. Explains why they didn’t really seem to come to play yesterday against the Rams.

I thought they came to play. I just think the Rams matched up well with them. Their defense isn't exactly the 85' Bears.

It's a good time to attack a struggling Tampa secondary.

...Of course, it's also a good time to attack a struggling NE o-line.

We just had Mac throw 50 times, in his 3rd ever game, and most likely need him to throw a lot again in his 4th game, assuming we struggle running against a good Tampa run defense.

I agree. They have been out there a bit but haven't done much. $20 mill between the two of them and we are getting almost nothing for it.
Yeah, i feel like i may have underestimated a year away from football, i also thought our front would be very stout but run defense is looking not so much improved so far. I mean we gave up 368 rush yards and played the phins and jets who are both known for a weak run offense right.

KVN had a good 1st game. Was hurt last week and I didn't really notice him yesterday. He was in on a couple plays I think.

High is always a slow-starter. He's still rusty. Let's hope the rust is gone Sunday night.
Do you feel like the team lacks energy? I just can't put my finger on it but I just don't get that sense of guys flying around and congratulating each other after plays. You know what I mean? The team just feels flat. Maybe I am imagining it. LOL

Do you feel like the team lacks energy? I just can't put my finger on it but I just don't get that sense of guys flying around and congratulating each other after plays. You know what I mean? The team just feels flat. Maybe I am imagining it. LOL
I think they have energy but the energy is not being directed properly. They just aren't playing confident or with that killer instinct.

There is no way Smith is that bad. Hes thinking too much. Maybe the big money is in his head and hes trying to hard. IDK.

Look at all the new players they have. It takes time to gel.

Yeah, i feel like i may have underestimated a year away from football, i also thought our front would be very stout but run defense is looking not so much improved so far. I mean we gave up 368 rush yards and played the phins and jets who are both known for a weak run offense right.
Both the Dolphins and Jets had banged up offensive lines as well. The run D against the Jets in that first half was particularly concerning.

Question: “Bill, over the course of you and Tom’s time together, you said dozens of times that there was no quarterback you would rather have. When did that change?”

Belichick: “It never changed."

Question: "So, you wanted Tom to re-sign here after the 2019 season?"

Belichick: "I think we've been through all the dynamics of that. There were a lot of things there. He looked at his options and made a decision. We weren’t as good of an option as Tampa. So, I mean, you’d have to ask him about all that. But that really wasn’t a question about not wanting him -- that’s for sure.”

Belichick gives interesting answer on Tom Brady's 2020 free agent decision

I had the same feeling watching yesterday. They just looked completely flat and lifeless out there.

Question: “Bill, over the course of you and Tom’s time together, you said dozens of times that there was no quarterback you would rather have. When did that change?”

Belichick: "I think we've been through all the dynamics of that. There were a lot of things there. He looked at his options and made a decision. We weren’t as good of an option as Tampa. So, I mean, you’d have to ask him about all that. But that really wasn’t a question about not wanting him -- that’s for sure.”

Reporter walked Bill into a check mate. Could’ve followed up with why Tom wasn’t extended earlier?

Yeah Bill it was a question of wanting him to play for peanuts while throwing to practice squad level players.

Now that everyone knows the OLine sucks and the OC sucks, I'm just gonna say it: re-signing Cam Newton makes sense for Mac's long term health and development.

The team, specifically the front 7, plays much better when they are playing downhill and agressive. Especially noticeable agains the run. The LBs look way too slow to fill gaps when they are reading and reacting.

I don't know what's so controversial about this. Bill had a 'value' for Tom at his age and for what he projected him to be and like all other contract negotiation he's had in the past, he wasn't willing to budge. It's always been the that way with Bill from Law, Seymour, Branch the list goes on. Obviously given what's happened in Tampa, Bill was wrong about the immediate future, Brady just needed weapons. Bill has been wrong in the past, and will be wrong in the future. But he's always maintained what he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes