PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Pre- Game Thread- Bucs @ Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the Brady and Belichick situation I truly believe it was something mutual and something in the middle. There probably was some tension but at the same time it wasn't as big as people make it out to be. They both wanted to move on and that's okay. We may have a guy in Jones most likely and Brady is still elite in Tampa.

On the Brady and Belichick situation I truly believe it was something mutual and something in the middle. There probably was some tension but at the same time it wasn't as big as people make it out to be. They both wanted to move on and that's okay. We may have a guy in Jones most likely and Brady is still elite in Tampa.
I can tell you with almost certainty. The media wants there to be an all out war way more than there is one. Neither of them have said anything even remotely bad about one another. People have to understand. Players leave teams especially today more than every before. Brady was on the Patriots I think longer than any QB in NFL history with one team and one coach. If they hated each other so bad, that would have never happened. It came down to a couple things. Money, they had none, Brady wanted to keep playing but might not have wanted to go through another major overhaul rebuild at 44 years old. Bill understand football and how the league works. Most of this is just made up media creations of this horrible relationship, pick your side BS.

Will the Pats score more than 20 points on Sunday? That would be an improvement. Can the defense hold the Bucs to under 45 points?

Yeah thats probably not going to happen, unless someone snipers Brady from the stands.
Go Mac
Go Harry - there are whispers that he is finally back.
Go Pats.

It's looking like this could be a 3 WR game in order to get the Bucs' worst defenders on the field. Their 3rd CB is going to be either Dee Delaney (5 NFL snaps prior to Sunday) or Richard Sherman after three practices in 9 months.

Especially with White out, I wonder if we could see some 3 WR and 2 TE personnel. That puts more pressure on the OL to pick up blitzes when there's not a running back to clean things up, but the Patriots will gladly take quick passes into the blitz in any situation other than third and long. Generally the concern with 02 personnel would be that the defense can load up with pass defenders, but the Bucs don't really have any pass rush or coverage upgrades among their backups. I think they'd match up similarly to what they'd do against 11 personnel.

There’s no shot it happens, but it would be so poetic if Harry had his first huge game this week.
Yea maybe we're doomed for relying on this but we really could use someone with Harry's size in the redzone. If he does nothing between the 20s but adds a TD every other game or so it's not a lost season

Yea maybe we're doomed for relying on this but we really could use someone with Harry's size in the redzone. If he does nothing between the 20s but adds a TD every other game or so it's not a lost season
Thing is... they paid big money for two big TEs who should theoretically be able to do that too... but it seems like thus far they don't like to throw in the red zone.

I would actually bet it's more likely the BUCS front-7 puts a lot of pressure up the middle and all over the place, where the Patriots OC is the one who has no idea what to do and then our rookie QB continues to run for his life all day. Those 2 Giants Superbowl losses were befuddling the same obtuse offensive coordinator. Expect the Bucs front7 to come alive against an oc who is easily game-planned against, and for the Bucs to look like the Giants. It might look something like 24-14 Bucs. Possibly as bad as 34-14 Bucs.

I would actually bet it's more likely the BUCS front-7 puts a lot of pressure up the middle and all over the place, where the Patriots OC is the one who has no idea what to do and then our rookie QB continues to run for his life all day. Those 2 Giants Superbowl losses were befuddling the same obtuse offensive coordinator. Expect the Bucs front7 to come alive against an oc who is easily game-planned against, and for the Bucs to look like the Giants. It might look something like 24-14 Bucs. Possibly as bad as 34-14 Bucs.

I'm beginning to think you're actually a bot.

Those 2 Giants Superbowl losses were befuddling the same obtuse offensive coordinator. Expect the Bucs front7 to come alive against an oc who is easily game-planned against, and for the Bucs to look like the Giants. It might look something like 24-14 Bucs. Possibly as bad as 34-14 Bucs.

McD wasn’t the offensive ccordinator in SB 46…

There’s no shot it happens, but it would be so poetic if Harry had his first huge game this week.

Against whatever terrible CB3 the Bucs will have, this would be the time.

McD wasn’t the offensive ccordinator in SB 46…

Where O'Brien was already planning for Penn State and McDaniels joined starting in the playoffs? OK keep telling yourself that. Rewatch the game. The playcalls look eeeeeeerily similar by the same person.

The entire game Pats should run a spread offense 4-5 throughout the game. Bucs are absolutely depleted in the secondary.

You mean the same crappy offense the Pats have tried the last couple weeks? 5-man protection with a terrible OLine, spread shotgun? Yeah I'm gonna predict 3 Mac sacks before halftime and about 10 QB hits before halftime.

You mean the same crappy offense the Pats have tried the last couple weeks? 5-man protection with a terrible OLine, spread shotgun? Yeah I'm gonna predict 3 Mac sacks before halftime and about 10 QB hits before halftime.

We sure as heck aren’t running on TB with their front 7. They have garbage players in the secondary, must at least attempt to take advantage of that.

he’s about 68 yards away…first play of the game will be a 70 yard bomb to Gronk. i wonder if the Pats will hold a mini celebration for him in the middle of the game?

Huh. Considering the owner, coach and all the fans were all onboard for the first 75,000 yards, it might be weird if there wasn't a tip of the hat somehow. Although equally strange to have a celebratory moment for the opposing QB where the final yards came at the hometeam's expense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes