PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Pre- Game Thread- Bucs @ Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no problem with pausing the game to acknowledge Brady breaking the record.

Have a feeling Brady would rather they didn’t any more than a brief acknowledgment.

I have no problem with pausing the game to acknowledge Brady breaking the record.

Have a feeling Brady would rather they didn’t any more than a brief acknowledgment.
There is zero chance Brady is going to pause that game and have his family on the 50 yard line accepting a certificate like Brees did.

I would be embarrassed as a fan at that moment. Can you imagine the other freaking team that had to stand there while all that **** went on?
It's a big record and a big deal for Brees. I thought the same thing when I saw it and no way in hell Brady wants that but for Brees it was huge.

It's a big record and a big deal for Brees. I thought the same thing when I saw it and no way in hell Brady wants that but for Brees it was huge.
Then celebrate it after the game. I have seen a lot of players break records, and never saw that before. You know it was planned.

Then celebrate it after the game. I have seen a lot of players break records, and never saw that before. You know it was planned.
I don't disagree and of course it was planned and was hard to watch.

Pats have a chance.

Who to go with: Dee Delaney or Richard Sherman? Hmmmm

By the numbers, the Pats have a top 5 defense. They also haven't played a single legit NFL quarterback yet and got run all over 2 weeks in a row.

Tampa's secondary got hit by the injury bug fast, but they also played 2 of the most loaded offenses in the league and a former league MVP.

Stats are for losers, but they're really for losers if you're taking them too seriously after 3 games.

The fundamental problem is the Pats have consistently shown a bunch of weaknesses, some that extend back to 2019 when Brady was still under center, that so far have shown no sign of being cleaned up in 2021. They have also shown entirely new problems like terrible OL play, lots of bad penalties and unforced errors, and random special teams botches. I expect them to get better in the long term, but the problem is the long term ain't this coming Sunday, it's maybe November and December.

Getting everyone ready for Wednesday's schedule:

There is zero chance Brady is going to pause that game and have his family on the 50 yard line accepting a certificate like Brees did.
Lol the best part of that was it was just a piece of paper someone printed out.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
Pats have a chance.

When he says, "4th against the run, but only because teams are passing with ease on them" I think it's a bit of shallow thinking. They still have the 3rd best YPC allowed in the league, and they've been the #1 (or close to it) run defense each of the past two seasons as well. This isn't a statistical fluke. The Bucs run defense is a legit wall.

I think the game plan has to be:

1. Hope to god you can protect Mac and give him a clean pocket
  2. Focus on the pass instead of the run this week
  3. Pressure Brady constantly without too many outright blitzes
  4. Let JC shadow someone 1-on-1 when you can and do your best with doubling who you can elsewhere
If the Pats end up competitive in this game it'll be because guys like Judon and Uche have a huge night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes