PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Pre- Game Thread- Bucs @ Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do the Bucs need AB or Gronk for this game? I'm not being disrespectful. I'm legitimately asking.

I'm terrible with x's and o's of football.
Bucs still have plenty of firepower without those guys but it does make it slightly easier. Pats secondary has been better than expected but they’re not amazing. With the right schemes, maybe good enough to hold up long enough if the pass rush is getting home.

Bucs still have plenty of firepower without those guys but it does make it slightly easier. Pats secondary has been better than expected but they’re not amazing. With the right schemes, maybe good enough to hold up long enough if the pass rush is getting home.
I'm wondering if Arians would hold them out because he's arrogant to the point that he thinks not much is needed to beat the Patriots.

Advantage: Patriots.

It would be quite a story if they won this game and ended up winning the SB. Obviously I'd hope that it wouldn't be at the expense of the Chiefs.

Don't forget Gio is most likely out as well with MCL so who takes the hot routes if all those guys are banged up? As you said probably enough but if they have to have Mike Evans making too many reads it could get ugly.

Just like AB last year, there’s little money invested, no draft compensation given up, and he’s likely better than what they have. That’s not a desperate move in any sense. Neither is the Josh Gordon signing by the Chiefs. They may not work out, but they’re good moves. Other teams wanted these guys too.

they are desperate. he had 68 PFF grade last year and he’s 33. but you’re right…he’s better than what they currently have.

Thinking we flood the field with DBs and try to encourage the Bucs to run. Fournette has been awful this season, and with Bernard likely out, he'll probably get the pass catching role too which he stinks at. Any play through Fournette, is a win for us.

they are desperate. he had 68 PFF grade last year and he’s 33. but you’re right…he’s better than what they currently have.

I’ll be surprised if he’s even average.

I think he's valuable with just his high IQ and leadership on the field alone. Arians has said the secondary has had a bunch of communication issues you would think a player like Sherman can help out in that respect

I think he's valuable with just his high IQ and leadership on the field alone. Arians has said the secondary has had a bunch of communication issues you would think a player like Sherman can help out in that respect

Correct, the Bucs secondary is missing veteran leadership...that's what Sherman can provide. That plus he's another body for a depleted unit.

Looks like AB is playing Sunday, Arians said he's back tomorrow. Game got tougher on our secondary

Thinking we flood the field with DBs and try to encourage the Bucs to run. Fournette has been awful this season, and with Bernard likely out, he'll probably get the pass catching role too which he stinks at. Any play through Fournette, is a win for us.

New England is a middle-of-the-pack run D. We're not great in this area

New England is a middle-of-the-pack run D. We're not great in this area
It’s still better than Brady throwing.

Brady has thrown more 40 yard passes in the last year than in 10 years with the pats.
Bill just walked himself into a check mate again on player personnel if a reporter used your stat.

Here's a great way to have him not miss blocks. Don't have him block, but send him on a pass route instead. Bolden in will signal pass play as he is a worthless runner.

If you're relying on a RB to protect a QB in the pocket, you have more concerns on your plate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back