PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Texans beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
They focused on the run. It looks like it was a good game plan. Stop the Pat's run, force the pass and bring as much pressure as possible.

Their offensive line blocking worked too. Watson created way too much time with his mobility. I wish they had kept on blitzing or found a way to bring more pressure.

Our secondary, or any secondary, is incapable of covering for five seconds.

Reiss posted we blitzed 3 times early in the game. On those 3 blitzes Watson was 3/3 for 2 touchdowns.....

The lack of pressure on opposing QB's is killing this defense. Understand that they played cautious today due to Watson's running ability but they never even made him uncomfortable let alone sack him. Team is on pace for around 20 sacks for the year.

I didn't see the game as I was at a Training class. The one "highlight" of Watson's TD showed that they got pressure on Watson. Watson would have likely have been sacked if Cowart Davis hadn't been held so blatantly.

Last edited:
Did RAC have a faceshield or mask? BB is 0 fer against coaches with shields.

Careful what you say about Harry because some people on here think he's the next Randy Moss.
This is the kind of ridiculous BS people have to deal with on this board. NO ONE. Not ONE person has said that Harry was the next Randy Moss. The haters like yourself and DKF are the ones making ridiculous claims about people who have said to be patient. You and DKF don't understand the concept. Clearly.

People on this forum were upset when someone wrote the Patriots had the 30th best roster
last year. Guess what? That person was right. We have seen another year of losing key players
and will have 20 free agents next March. A day or so ago, two more draft mistakes, Rivers and
Froholdt, were cut loose.
Good coaching only goes so far. They cannot transform s**t into Shineola forever. We need a few
good drafts and numerous good free agents.

Experienced posters like yourself calling Rivers a "draft mistake" lose all credibility with these statements. You ignore the fact that the guy was a 3rd round pick in a draft that the Patriots pretty much traded out of. You also ignore the fact that he suffered an ACL injury his rookie year. Like BB is supposed to be f'in clairvoyant and KNOW that is going to happen to Rivers 6 months prior to training camp and not draft the guy because of it.. SMH.

When you actually figure out what a "good draft" looks like, why don't you let everyone else know since you'd like everyone to believe your the new Miss Cleo.

Yea. We had no chance with 26M in dead cap money thanks for Brady/AB plus 8 player opt-outs due to covid. Signing Cam made the season interesting

The Patriots didn't get most of that money until well into the new league year. The money from AP and Hernandez didn't come until late May. They didn't get the money from Opt-outs until they started in June.

I was out with the wife for most of the game, and somehow messed up the DVR settings. I caught most of the high....ehh lowlights, but have yet to see one with Gunner making a mistake. I saw some folks giving him the Harry treatment and wasn't sure what he did??

I just got so used to success, even in 2002 & 2008 the playoffs were a possibility until the very end of the season. This year, the playoffs have all but disappeared for the Patriots after just 10 games. Oh well, time to rebuild this thing!

I was out with the wife for most of the game, and somehow messed up the DVR settings. I caught most of the high....ehh lowlights, but have yet to see one with Gunner making a mistake. I saw some folks giving him the Harry treatment and wasn't sure what he did??
Two returns one at 20 yard and other fumbled near end zone and stopped at 16 yard. For a punt returner its pretty useless. Better to just take the touchback..

Let me preface, again, that I was at a training class so I didn't get to see the game. Just the snipets that NFL.Com calls "highlights".

Looking at the NFL.COM Drive Summary and Stat Sheet, I see that Harry was 5 of 8 for 41 yards. The Drive summary shows that most of those targets occurred in the 4th quarter. One of the incompletes was one of the passes that WATT swatted down. So that leaves two other incompletes..

Someone mentioned that Harry had drops. Were both of the other targets drops? And how legitimate is it to call them drops since there have been more than a few complains (again) about Cam throwing into the dirt.

Also, how legit were the two penalties that Harry took? Considering the blatant holding that the Houston O-line had on Cowart during Watson's TD run, I have to ask if they were legit or not..

1.) our pass rush is non existent! This puts our defensive secondary in a bad spot having to cover for 5 plus seconds.

2.) how bad must stidham be in practice that he can our beat out newton?

3.) I wish burkhead the best in his recovery. It looked to me like a blown acl.

Guys. We're a 6 or 7 win team We always knew that. And after 10 games, we have a 4-6 record. We're on track.

With both Miami and Bal losing, we had a golden opportunity to close the gap a little as we have the tie breaker over both those teams, but we couldn't. That is really frustrating. The O played well at times , the D let the team down completely today !

Reiss posted we blitzed 3 times early in the game. On those 3 blitzes Watson was 3/3 for 2 touchdowns.....

Sure but you have to generate pressure somehow. Letting him dance around in the pocket all day is not the answer.

Sure but you have to generate pressure somehow. Letting him dance around in the pocket all day is not the answer.

Yeah. Agree. Watson was surgical though. Some of these throws were undefendable and well defended.

I agree somewhat. Players don't tank, as they are playing for their jobs. However, teams can tank by trading away their talent and playing inferior players.
But they don’t

Let me preface, again, that I was at a training class so I didn't get to see the game. Just the snipets that NFL.Com calls "highlights".

Looking at the NFL.COM Drive Summary and Stat Sheet, I see that Harry was 5 of 8 for 41 yards. The Drive summary shows that most of those targets occurred in the 4th quarter. One of the incompletes was one of the passes that WATT swatted down. So that leaves two other incompletes..

Someone mentioned that Harry had drops. Were both of the other targets drops? And how legitimate is it to call them drops since there have been more than a few complains (again) about Cam throwing into the dirt.

Also, how legit were the two penalties that Harry took? Considering the blatant holding that the Houston O-line had on Cowart during Watson's TD run, I have to ask if they were legit or not..
Harry had no drops newton bounced a couple of balls to him.

With both Miami and Bal losing, we had a golden opportunity to close the gap a little as we have the tie breaker over both those teams, but we couldn't. That is really frustrating. The O played well at times , the D let the team down completely today !
I dint think the loss did them but no being able to beat Houston really makes their chances seem very uphill.

What to make of the inability to tackle? These secondary guys could tackle last year.

It would have helped. But overall it was the lack of adjustments in the first half that did them in. It's been a common theme this year where they just couldn't adjust on the fly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes