PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Bengals beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Yea, speculation based on the change in direction. Bill saying he couldn't make the Hail Mary throw kinda reinforced it. Though they did seem to cut him loose in the 2nd half vs CIN. Maybe there's another change in direction against MIA. I'm wanting to see him carry this team down the field for multiple scores on Sunday. Please surprise me Mac and ball out.

I agree with all that. And I want Mac to break out too. But he is still late on his throws downfield. Physically he is strong and accurate enough to make those throws (see his Alabama tape), and he can release the ball early enough in anticipation of the deep ball (see his Alabama tape), but in 2021 and 2022 it is rare to see Mac do that. Therefore I am not optimistic that Mac will turn that corner this year. Let's hope Mac throws a deep ball early and leads Thornton for a TD - I would be ecstatic.

Of late I think Mac's been able to go deep a little more and without the turnovers like the first few weeks. This might be coincidental like the one that hit Parkers helmet and wound up an int compared to the one that Scotty Washington should of caught that bounced to Jacoby for a score anyway. But I choose to accept this as one of the few things that we can say Mac might have actually improved at.

Yes Mac is closer I agree. But he is not there. If you watch the tape on the Scotty Washington pass (Washington is now on IR BTW), the ball was very late. Washington was doing Jumping Jacks in the endzone before Mac finally threw the ball. Also if you watch the pass that Thornton dropped, Mac could have released that ball so much earlier. But I agree with you, at least Mac is now making those throws without interceptions, so it is a step forward no doubt.

I disagree.

You might be right. We will see. It usually takes a few years to adjust, even if we change the OC, so if the offense is still bad at the end of 2023 I will agree with you.

They were 6th in the NFL in points scored last season, with a rookie QB. They scored more than 20 points in 12 of the 17 regular season games (They scored 24+ points in 11 of those 12 games.). Of the 5 games where they did not score more than 20 points, 3 of them were in the first 4 weeks, and a 4th was in the Buffalo monsoon.

Improvement was needed, which is neither news nor surprising. But scrapping the system was needless and counterproductive, and a whole lot of people were saying that from day 1.

Last edited:
Anybody have footage of players laughing after the Stevenson fumble?

I heard people saying Bourne was laughing?

The smiling and laughing from offensive players after the fumble said it all for me.
Do you know when this happened? Link? I can't see where it happen

Anybody have footage of players laughing after the Stevenson fumble?

I heard people saying Bourne was laughing?
Here's a clip. I think he was just saying hey to a dude that by his name appears to be Polynessean like he is. He wasn't laughing at the play. Check out Mac going after the dude that recovered the ball and pushing him after the play was dead. Personal foul. What a dumb ass.

Check out Mac going after the dude that recovered the ball and pushing him after the play was dead. Personal foul. What a dumb ass.

I don't mind if Mac has some junkyard dog in him. Wish he had more actually. But Mac needs to stop panicking under pressure.

Last edited:
As down as I am on Mac, I would rather see Year 3 Mac get one last shot with BoB. I want no part of Jimmy G. Injury prone combined with average QB'ing.

I would much rather see Zappe get a real shot.

But NO to Jimmy G.
I'm on the Jimmy G train Dingle I know he's fragile but when healthy with good talent around him Jimmy G just Wins. Also on that Mac Jones Third year I don't think Mac automatically gets the Starters reins. I think Jones is going to have to outright win the Starting Job. Mac supporters better hope he doesn't fold up under the pressure like he does the blitz. Again BB doesn't have forever to Coach and he has really built a very good Defense. I don't think he's wasting that Defense next year on Mac's development. Again having Jimmy G I think would give BB a guy he can trust on Offense in his final years of Coaching imo. I think BB Coaches two more years tops he's been doing this a long time.

Last edited:
I don't mind if Mac has some junkyard dog in him. Wish head more actually. But Mac needs to stop panicking under pressure.
That's why Teams blitz or fakes it hoping that Mac throws to his first read well behind the sticks. Based on the evidence we have seen Mac is one of the worse young QB's in the game. I am not one of those who hope he figures it out in year three. BB have aspirations for a certain record that he won't reach with a struggling QB.

Based on the evidence we have seen Mac is one of the worse young QB's in the game.
When under pressure, but when not under pressure Mac is an outstanding QB. If Mac can learn to not panic and stay cool, he is a keeper.
I am not one of those who hope he figures it out in year three. BB have aspirations for a certain record that he won't reach with a struggling QB.
You are too impatient. Almost all QBs take 3 years to mature. That is normal.

Give me O’Brien and Jimmy G next year. Trade Mac for a 2nd to Vegas after they cut Carr. Roll with Jimmy and Zappe next year. Trade up from the mid 1st to the top 10 using that 2nd to grab a top tackle. Take a flier on a WR in the 2nd. Should be a good start.
Love it I am sure BB is going to be tempted if this season doesn't end well. Two more games to go!

I don't mind if Mac has some junkyard dog in him. Wish he had more actually. But Mac needs to stop panicking under pressure.
It was a dumb penalty. Bengals were on their 8 yl and got 2 yards on their drive. Instead of getting the ball back close to midfield we get it at our 24 w/ 41 seconds left and no TOs. Dumb, dumb penalty at a crucial moment.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back