PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Ravens

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought majority opinion was Harris would be great and should have saw the field much earlier.
There were LOTS of people complaining and calling Harris a bust because he didn't see snaps last year. The "majority" you're referring to have only recently starting tooting Harris' horn.. Especially the Sony haters..

Season's back on! We need to string quite a few wins together here. I think 10-6 is a real possibility which should be able to get us in the playoffs. 9-7 would be really pushing it. I know the team unlike me is taking it one game at a time and it's onto houston for them, obviously can't afford to drop the easy ones.

Harris is a stud, and this offense can still be good . Considering the monsoon 23 points against a good defense is a solid performance. The conditions really played a part late against both offenses, for us it probably cost us a TD when Cam had Jacoby wide open and it hurt us late being 1 dimensional as the Ravens just sold out to stop the run. In normal conditions we probably drop 30 again.Will only help getting Edelman back and if we ever get anything out the rookie TE's *if they get healthy*.

The defense still has some major holes in it, 2 of their drives were killed by bad snaps and again the weather overall had an effect on the offenses. Still saw some improvements there compared to the previous 3 weeks, and hopefully we get Gilmore back soon. That will have a big impact on the defense as a whole.

Better playcalling today , especially in the first half, but in the 4th quarter not so much. Too many dives up the middle on first down. I was begging for them to run a bootleg on 1st and when they finally did, 8 yard run by Cam setting a 2nd and 2. Nice job by Cam btw to make the lone defender miss to make it 8 yards vs nothing.

Overall lots of improvment needed but we're getting better. Even if this team comes up short of the playoffs, if we play as we have outside of the 2 games during / shortly after the outbreak, I think that's definitely something to build off of into next year and I'm definitely down for extending Cam another 2 or 3 years. Need help obviously and a solid offseason but this is far from a hopeless situation or a team that needs to be gutted.

Last edited:
There’s always something fishy about that weather
How come it didn't rain last sunday caller? Belichick is manipulating the weather!

Great win today! Harris is a beast! Man, I hope he stays healthy for the rest of the season.

offensive line looks really good!

Do you think fans would not help the team? Who's the person that made the decision to not allow fans? Most other teams have fans now
No they don’t. There are a number of teams that are not allowing fans. Also we are in the midst of a giant COVID surge in most states. Your call for a packed stadium is embarrassing. Just stop. Enjoy the win. Find a political forum elsewhere to blather.

I don't remember people ripping bill the GM for drafting Harris; I certainly remember people ripping him for not playing Harris
I ripped him. Not because of the player but because we drafted a rb high when we already had like 4.

Yeah but if we can lose to Denver and nearly lose to the Jets we can lose to anybody too. I wouldn't be surprised to see a 6-3 Cardinals team that beat two teams we lost to take a win off us. Likewise, the Chargers are bad but they have the same thing as us where they have made a game out of everyone they played. The Rams are also no slouch at 6-3. Also Miami and Buffalo are still games that can go either way.

Basically we need to go 6-1 to really have a chance at the playoffs and a double digit season and 5-2 to get a winning record. We have atleast 4 toss up games and then a potential spoiler. Aside from Houston and the Jets, I wouldn't say anything is automatic
Certainly not automatic but my point was they have a shot every week. I think your assertion that they’ll go 2-5 is unrealistic. I also (IMO) think the division is still in reach... only 2 games behind Buffalo and Miami and play each once still.

Anything can happen, I don’t think a 10-6 record is necessarily required for the postseason, especially when there are also three wild cards. They’re 2 games behind Vegas, Baltimore, and Miami for the 3 wild card spots and guess what? They own the tie breaker for all three.

The loss to a schitty Denver team is the real killer

I don’t want to speak too soon but it looks like he may have finally hit on a drafted RB for the first time in 6 years.
You lose credibility with statements like this. Sony was a hit. As was White in 2014. They didn't draft any others during that time so your statement has no merit.

There media idiots have all asked Meyers some variation of the same question... They are so useless

Yeah but if we can lose to Denver and nearly lose to the Jets we can lose to anybody too. I wouldn't be surprised to see a 6-3 Cardinals team that beat two teams we lost to take a win off us. Likewise, the Chargers are bad but they have the same thing as us where they have made a game out of everyone they played. The Rams are also no slouch at 6-3. Also Miami and Buffalo are still games that can go either way.

Basically we need to go 6-1 to really have a chance at the playoffs and a double digit season and 5-2 to get a winning record. We have atleast 4 toss up games and then a potential spoiler. Aside from Houston and the Jets, I wouldn't say anything is automatic
Oh yeah we are in a pretty big hole. It’s require fairly epic turn around. Unlikely but not unheard of. At the very least it keeps our interest in the season going at least another week.

impressive win. Dont see 8 wins being unreasonable. If the offense shows up, maybe 9 at best?

I think we put ourselves in too big of a hole to win the division. A wild card spot?

So that ought to end the tanking talk. 3 serviceably good games in a row for Cam too. Not ready to call this a playoff team yet but win the next 2 and look out.
No. only 2 "serviceable" games. The 49ers game he lost singlehandedly with his drive killing decisions..

The Patriots do not suck.

And Edelman is eligible to return as soon as practice on Wednesday.

When Edelman comes back he's gotta realize the offense is now Meyers, Harris, and Cam. Edelman is 34 years old coming off a knee injury, he's like the 4th option now.

You lose credibility with statements like this. Sony was a hit. As was White in 2014. They didn't draft any others during that time so your statement has no merit.
White is who I’m referring to as the last good RB pick. Michel took what a great OL gave him in 2018. He was good for a year but nothing special. Ever since he has been a dud.

It was so good to see increased roles for both Dugger and Davis. That’s how this defense will win, big guys up front eating blocks for the DBs playing in the box.

White is who I’m referring to as the last good RB pick. Michel took what a great OL gave him in 2018. He was good for a year but nothing special. Ever since he has been a dud.
Love how you give the O-line credit for 2018, but can't acknowledge how bad the 2019 O-line was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back