PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread-Pats beat the Browns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady’s still Brady. Sadly, the OL is still the OL. Things will tighten up once Wynn & Mason are healthy.

I was at the game. It was just rain. Not too windy and it was 53F. And while it was raining hard at kickoff and in the first quarter the rain dialed back a decent amount for non-trivial stretches of the game.
yeah but WE are New Englanders....if this was Miami or the Meadowlands the stands would have been empty. The wind and rain affected a number of plays in the 1st half, not so much in the 2nd BUT, the Pats won and won comfortably in a game that could easily have gotten away due to turnovers and wet conditions. Chubb broke a number of tackles due to the wet conditions. THIS was a TREMENDOUS TEAM BUILDING WIN goddammit...and I'm sick and tired of all the kunty nitpicking after EVERY VICTORY

Last edited:
Adam Butler is now 3rd in the NFL in sacks for DTs (4.5). I think he's on pace for the most sacks by an interior player in the BB era.

It's not just this game. Look at his history. Every fan base has hated him.

Who gives a flying F**K about "every fanbase". We all know Newhouse is a JAG. But's he's who we have.. Is he great? Hell no. He's barely average. And great ends like Garrett and Vernon are going to abuse him. It's up to BRADY and McDaniels to recognize that and account for it accordingly. If they don't give him help, then that's on THEM. And it's about time people like yourself recognize that.

Don't recall hearing Garrett's name a lot today. So the makeshift O-line did something right.
Cannon did good today.

Garrett sacked Brady. His 3 Tackles were TFLs. I guess holding him and Vernon to a sack a piece is "doing something right".

Not one to dislike or disagree but I do with the couple posts I have seen saying Chubbs May not be a good back. Kid has quickness and good vision and looking at his size I bet he can block like a mofo too. Would love a guy like that. Great test for a really good defense.

Chubb is the Georgia RB the Patriots should have drafted in 2018.

Did you not watch this game? Brady was damn good last game and good again today.

I don't think he's the best in the NFL anymore. I think he has the best IQ but is 3rd best behind healthy Mahomes and Wilson. Let me reprase my initial comment. Brady is still s top 5 QB. Just not top 2.

I don't think he's the best in the NFL anymore. I think he has the best IQ but is 3rd best behind healthy Mahomes and Wilson. Let me reprase my initial comment. Brady is still s top 5 QB. Just not top 2.
My life on the line to win one game I'm still choosing TB12 and it's not even close.

My life on the line to win one game I'm still choosing TB12 and it's not even close.

I would too since Brady is my favorite QB and he's still good enough. However I believe he has slipped just enough to be a top 3-4 QB. That's still insane at the age of 42

I don't think it's unfair to say that Brady's not the best in the NFL right now. I do wonder, though, if it's even fair to slot him at the moment, given all that's been going on with that offense over the past two seasons. I doubt that anyone outside of the team really knows where his actual level of play is, and I'm not even sure that anyone involve with the team knows for sure.

I don't think it's unfair to say that Brady's not the best in the NFL right now. I do wonder, though, if it's even fair to slot him at the moment, given all that's been going on with that offense over the past two seasons. I doubt that anyone outside of the team really knows where his actual level of play is, and I'm not even sure that anyone involve with the team knows for sure.
I can agree with that. How would he look with a good OL this season? Sadly we may never know. The loss of some core OL players has sucked. However 8-0... Hard to complain.

Okay well you seemed to be suggesting he is in decline. I’m watching a guy who has a totally depleted offensive line trying not to get killed while also commanding an offense. He was under fire tonight and he made good decisions (I’ll grant you he nearly threw an end zone pick) and made the plays when just enough time was given to him. The numbers would look a hell of a lot better with Wynn and Shaq Mason back in the lineup, I can tel you that much.

Okay well you seemed to be suggesting he is in decline. I’m watching a guy who has a totally depleted offensive line trying not to get killed while also commanding an offense. He was under fire tonight and he made good decisions (I’ll grant you he nearly threw an end zone pick) and made the plays when just enough time was given to him. The numbers would look a hell of a lot better with Wynn and Shaq Mason back in the lineup, I can tel you that much.

At the end of the day he may or may not be in decline. I think he's still a top 5 QB so that means he's still one of the best. Could be depleted OL. Either way I'm not in the mood to debate that. Gotta soak in the W and enjoy the moment. All that matters right now is 8-0.

who goes through the insanity and idiotic rumor mongering day after day ,week after week like Brady does? WHO? WHY did Mr Insider write that POS opinion piece this past week? WHAT GODDAMNED POINT is supposed to be taken here?

At the end of the day he may or may not be in decline. I think he's still a top 5 QB so that means he's still one of the best. Could be depleted OL. Either way I'm not in the mood to debate that. Gotta soak in the W and enjoy the moment. All that matters right now is 8-0.
Very well, although I will tell you that it is the injuries to the offensive line. His arm strength and physical tools are largely the same and as you said his football IQ is the best out there. So logic suggests it is circumstances affecting the passing game and offense in general.

I think Brady has regressed a little. I'm happy we won and I'm not really shocked, but Brady seems less on point.
Ever heard of an offensive line? Ours is pretty offensive at the moment. And it has just a wee bit to do with how the quarterback plays.

Zero Fs given about Brady style points. Clearly he isn’t going out there with a full deck week to week. More positive pieces will be added from the IR, and maybe they’ll be active before the trade deadline in adding something else. The offense is a work in progress the way the defense typically is in years past. Still looks sufficient enough to get the job done. 8-0!

With the chips on the line, still feel GREAT with the caliber of this defense and TB12 working the offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents