PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread-Pats beat the Browns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newhouse is honestly one of the worst LT’s I’ve ever seen. I swear it seems that Brady is having to run to his right every other throw

Who gives a flying F**K about "every fanbase". We all know Newhouse is a JAG. But's he's who we have.. Is he great? Hell no. He's barely average. And great ends like Garrett and Vernon are going to abuse him. It's up to BRADY and McDaniels to recognize that and account for it accordingly. If they don't give him help, then that's on THEM. And it's about time people like yourself recognize that.

Seeing people with an absolute loser/defeatist mindset has rarely been as blatant as the entire "excuse brigade" that keeps bringing Newhouse up.

He is what he is and the team has to work with that and find ways around it. Like you say.. if they can't then this is on them (coaching, Brady etc.) and not on Newhouse who is literally doing what he can.

Reactions: PP2
Who said that Chubb isn't a good back? Pretty sure that everyone agrees that Chubb is a good to great back. Where people are disagreeing is on the analysis of Sony from what I've seen..

The massive Monday Morning Quarterback Drafting Crowd are the one's that have an issue with people who don't slavishly denigrate the guy the Patriots do have over the guy they don't.

Doesn't matter the position - the other team's players are better dontcha know?

These are the same folks that all 100% knew the best players to take 100% of the time, every single draft...two years after said draft, without any other context of a team game, the coaching, home-life circumstances and all the other variables which impact each and every player their entire career.

The massive Monday Morning Quarterback Drafting Crowd are the one's that have an issue with people who don't slavishly denigrate the guy the Patriots do have over the guy they don't.

Doesn't matter the position - the other team's players are better dontcha know?

These are the same folks that all 100% knew the best players to take 100% of the time, every single draft...two years after said draft, without any other context of a team game, the coaching, home-life circumstances and all the other variables which impact each and every player their entire career.

Makes you wonder why the Pats don't hire them for re-drafts 3 years later.

xa3l950mj6v31.png

This is not photoshoped.

The offense is a significant concern.

Right now it's an below average unit. Have to hope this gets better with Wynn and Harry. If not I don't know if it will be good enough in the long run.

Mike Nugatory must go.

The Patriots are flirting with disaster keeping him on the roster and its only a matter of time before he costs the team a game. The Pats have to go on 4th because they do not trust him unless he is nearly kicking from on top of the goal posts. Even short gimme 3 points are no slam dunk. Something is bound to go wrong when youve got Nugatory.

Bad weather is no excuse. Youre in NE and not Hawaii. Get somebody else fast.

Mike Nugatory must go.

The Patriots are flirting with disaster keeping him on the roster and its only a matter of time before he costs the team a game. The Pats have to go on 4th because they do not trust him unless he is nearly kicking from on top of the goal posts. Even short gimme 3 points are no slam dunk. Something is bound to go wrong when youve got Nugatory.

Bad weather is no excuse. Youre in NE and not Hawaii. Get somebody else fast.

and who would you sign?

Newhouse is honestly one of the worst LT’s I’ve ever seen. I swear it seems that Brady is having to run to his right every other throw

he is a guy off the street. What do you expect?

Sloppy win but I'll take a win and seemingly injury free game anytime.

Offense looks like it is at least capable of doing just enough, even with the OL as is. Wynn and Mason back will make it a strong unit again but we even if just Brady and Edelman are healthy, those two are so good together and Dorsett continues to make key receptions. I would've liked to see Meyers get a few more looks and continue his upward trend. Overall though when they've needed timely drives they've gotten them when a lead seemed to be in jeopardy.

Run blocking is still not very good, but mainly I don't know why we haven't continued giving Michel targets here and there, gotta work on that and make it at least a mild threat. The last few weeks he at least got a few per game but zero targets yesterday.

The Browns moved the ball probably better than any team thus far on our defense and still only scored 13. Thankfully they didn't convert on their opportunities and the turnovers were monstrous. Chubb looks great as a runner but he has 3 fumbles this year only halfway through. Baker made some nice throws but continues to be a big disappointment with all the talent they have.

Special teams coverage as expected look great. Like I said in another thread this kind of net yardage on punts to go with our dominant D will help swing games in the low scoring struggles.

I think Brady has regressed a little. I'm happy we won and I'm not really shocked, but Brady seems less on point.

Obviously Brady is not TFB prime but let's examine what he IS.
The long pass to Dorsett. Not a throw most QBs can make. What's not to like there?
Pocket presence and moving out escaping the rush, tossing pinpoint TDs to The Squirrel.
Remember lots of QBs feast on guys wide open by a mile while TFB 2019 places the ball. Yeah, the long screen to White was an easy throw for anyone.
I'll take this year's TFB model while acknowledging that QBs like Rogers and healthy Mahomes are playing better.

I expect this offense to improve tremendously when the left tackle situation is resolved.

:DBTW - - for your viewing pleasure: 24 glorious seconds of a completely flummoxed Shannon Sharpe melting like butter in a microwave regarding Tom Brady yesterday. Check him out in the insert box from 6:28-6:52:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes