PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Bucs beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay no I really want to rant more.

How do you put the O-line's play into a QBR? Why? Are they actually saying someone's a better QB because he doesn't get sacked, and that's a better metric bc QB play is the usual determinant of whether the QB gets sacked?

I mean, just have a category for times sacked and try to fix that, if it's your guy, or high-five, if it's the other guy. Ok done.

For me it was all about not giving Tampa a chance with the ball, the only option to do that was go for it.

I think the only way we stood a chance of winning the game was making that first down.
I can respect that although last night Brady wasn't as scary as the NE Patriot defense (this week, in a good way.) I'd like to see this D play this way for the next month, so we could trust it to be a real thing :D

Reiss isn’t getting that thought about Burkhead out of thin air. He’s too well connected. Someone floated it to him. And that could be the Zolak rumor from last week, he heard it too. Pats are thinking about it and haven’t decided to pull the trigger yet.
First I'm hearing of this... boy would I love to see Rex back! last year before the injury he looked really good, we were all raving about his speed, burst, quickness... he knows this 3rd down role so well, and is much better than Bolden. maybe BB can swing a trade to Casserio for a good character guy like Bolden for Rex. Although, he's still less than 11 months out from ACL tear, so not sure of his capacity.

Are the Meyers’ passes an indictment of Jones’ down the field accuracy or the inability to protect Jones enough to develop down the field plays.

No. I was kidding. That's why I posted the picture of the guy fishing for a bite.

Though, to be fair, the fact that they felt they had to go to such trick plays against that depleted defense might (repeat: might, not does) be because of the downfield passing struggles. My guess is that it was more about realizing that the DBs were new out there, and would be more prone to being fooled on such things, but it's possible that it was about the offense itself.

I can respect that although last night Brady wasn't as scary as the NE Patriot defense (this week, in a good way.) I'd like to see this D play this way for the next month, so we could trust it to be a real thing :D

Yeah hope they can as well. Had it been a TD the buccs needed I would've had all the faith in the world we could stop em, but only a FG? Not confident.

Yeah, it's clear Mac outplayed Brady...just came up a bit short on the scoreboard. Plus Mac doesn't have pro bowlers and HOFers surrounding him. In the grand scheme of things, the loss probably won't matter much.
Not clear at all. I think it was Reiss today who pointed out that Brady saw Bethel come in for Jones and popped him for a 1st down. Saw Tavai come in and flicked out to Fournette for a first down.

Brady does things like that - adjusting, pre-snap reads, seeing the mismatch (Van Noy on the outside on a back) and just makes things happen. Mac Jones is NOWHERE near that level of completing the position at this point, of course. He's a rookie.

I'd even insist that this OL would not be making the mistakes we're seeing with Brady under center.

Tom Brady beats most defenses BEFORE the snap.

Not clear at all. I think it was Reiss today who pointed out that Brady saw Bethel come in for Jones and popped him for a 1st down. Saw Tavai come in and flicked out to Fournette for a first down.

Brady does things like that - adjusting, pre-snap reads, seeing the mismatch (Van Noy on the outside on a back) and just makes things happen. Mac Jones is NOWHERE near that level of completing the position at this point, of course. He's a rookie.

I'd even insist that this OL would not be making the mistakes we're seeing with Brady under center.

Tom Brady beats most defenses BEFORE the snap.
BB would also elect to go for it at the end if Brady was the QB. Without a doubt. They would convert too.

BB would also elect to go for it at the end if Brady was the QB. Without a doubt. They would convert too.
He should have anyway, because if Folk hits that kick, are you betting that they stop Brady or that Brady sets up a field goal try in good position to win?

Anyone who's watched the Pats since 2001 should know which way to bet.

What do people think about Harry being back, and does he have a chance to stick, or is there a chance Wilkerson will come back?
Gunner seems to rarely get on the field on offense, so...

Brady 2021 or Brady 2001? Because there's a difference...

He should have anyway, because if Folk hits that kick, are you betting that they stop Brady or that Brady sets up a field goal try in good position to win?

Anyone who's watched the Pats since 2001 should know which way to bet.
I'd say something about beating a dead horse, but a lot of people still desperately need to hear this point a few dozen more times because they seem to have forgotten what Tom does in the 2 minute drill.

What do people think about Harry being back, and does he have a chance to stick, or is there a chance Wilkerson will come back?
Gunner seems to rarely get on the field on offense, so...
They targeted Harry twice for 2 first downs. His issue will be blocking (I heard he whiffed on at least one - excusable in his first game back, maybe). He's sticking as long as he doesn't cause trouble and makes the plays asked of him.

No. I was kidding. That's why I posted the picture of the guy fishing for a bite.

Though, to be fair, the fact that they felt they had to go to such trick plays against that depleted defense might (repeat: might, not does) be because of the downfield passing struggles. My guess is that it was more about realizing that the DBs were new out there, and would be more prone to being fooled on such things, but it's possible that it was about the offense itself.

I think it is an indictment on the o-line and running game more than anything. If they could have run the ball even a little bit, they might have tried a stretch play with a play action. But they have no way to stall the opposing team's pass rush even for a split second without some smoke and mirrors.

The construction crap was about you? Didn't know that.
Oooooh ya lol
I admit, such cracks set me off. I'm a blue-collar kid from a blue-collar family who found a talent that pays and more than a little luck to get into posistion to take advantage of it...and so gets to hobnob with the so-called winners., a lot of whom act like their s*** don't stink. Screw that.
Honestly, I don't take him seriously. He's clearly looking for attention from all the threads and spam he post. I actually don't mind him believe it or not, it's just the non-stop spam that's annoying. Literally every thread.
Also it's nothing new or useful with him, just the same old "Josh sux" post every time. Or one of 2-3 other things he sees as absolutes or black and white. Honestly his post are kind of funny.
I mean he's stated that Josh has say in drafting CB's multiple times. Like I'm not in love with Josh, let's just go after him for the right things. No need to make stuff up.

Basically he got bounced from one of my threads for his spam and got really mad. To the point where he's mentioning me directly or indirectly in every other post. I've certainly engaged and not that it matters but it was after his spam in my draft threads and one on the main.

Like he used to asked me questions about football, draft prospects and now I don't know what I'm talking about and a dumb construction guy lol.
I agree with some of his takes. I mean, let's face it, beyond a few people here, the rest are just fans who see what they see and opine on it - myself included.

I know my own area of expertise (not football) and when I see people complaining about this or that in a book or production or video game, then explaining how it should be fixed, I laugh my ass off, because they have NO IDEA of what goes into the sausage they're complaining about.

So, I don't need particular insights or knowledge from 90% (as you say - it's probably more like 98%) of the people posting here. I'd settle for opinions without the mudslinging nonsense, personally.
Oh trust me I get what you're saying and agree to an extent. Especially when it comes to real work.

I think it's useful to have some fans around here and in general, dive deeper though. Most of the media are awful. Very few shows or people out there really explaining things. With all the information and resources available it's nice to see some take things a step further.

There's a fine line. It's certainly not for everyone. There's plenty of things I can't do but it's nice to learn and talk about the game on in depth level sometimes.

I like hearing other opinions and thoughts but it's nice to know what we're talking about too lol
See above: probably more like 98%.

This board has had agendas and such since I've been here, but the venom since the departure of Brady...well, I find myself coming here less often and skimming most of the posts. The site's been Felgerized, and no, that's not a good thing on a fan board.
This is unmistakable and ever present here. It's team Bill or Tom. Or this player sucks and I'll never like him. Very little discussion as opposed to arguments over past stuff.

It's tough. I came here for all the great draft posters, some of the best posters on the site and they never came back. I've been thinking about my time here as well. We'll see what happens I guess.
Let me add one thing, in case I haven't said it before: your draft board makes the draft much more fun for me as I play with mocks. Your rating give me players to look for and read about and watch film on - I wouldn't have the time otherwise. So thanks for that.
No problem, thanks.

What? That’s airtight, hard hitting analysis from 2021’s Top Patriots Fan. If you just take away the 33 INTs Winston had in 2019, he had a good year. If you just add a few zeros to the end of your bank account balance, you’re a billionaire. I mean this is rock solid stuff.
i kind of can see where he is coming from. They had an explosive offense but a qb that made bad decisions at times. Chuck in a good qb athat makes good decisions and they have the tools to do very well.

I think it is an indictment on the o-line and running game more than anything. If they could have run the ball even a little bit, they might have tried a stretch play with a play action. But they have no way to stall the opposing team's pass rush even for a split second without some smoke and mirrors.
We'd have a better ability to figure out the blame pie if the OL had started the season playing well and then declined (as with the OL in 2019). Because it's been a struggle from the start, we're left trying to read the tea leaves of both what we see on the field and what we see/don't see from the coaching.

You seem to be basically making it 0% Jones. I don't. We might as well just leave it there.

It was great seeing his old teammates showing him love and respect. I'm glad this game is over and we can put all the nonsense behind us. It was a cathartic experience for all involved. Pretty sure his old team doesn't view him as a traitor.

Next test for Mac, put up 30 points. This need to happen at some point. 20 point a game won't get you far, heck you could have that same production with Newton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots