PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Pats at Bills Playoff Pregame Discussion Thread

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can spend 8 hours a day scheming amazing Xs and Os and then have it all fall apart when you remember that the other team also game plans and they have much better talent.
Jim Kelly, SB XXXVI and Malcolm Go say wassup

Should we forfeit?
I mean they were 11-6 and we were only 10-7.
We only beat them 1 out of 2. Why show up?
Ok well I’m sure we didn’t beat them IN Buffalo. So what if we won a home game vs them? This is going to be an away game. Hostile environment. Zero chance we could win like that.

Ok well I’m sure we didn’t beat them IN Buffalo. So what if we won a home game vs them? This is going to be an away game. Hostile environment. Zero chance we could win like that.
We beat them in Buffalo

While Wynn has not fulfilled expectations, Herron has played and also not impressed. At best we are treading water here. Bill is pretty good about playing the players that give us the best chance to win. If you believe that, our chances are not as good. But Mills/Dugger/Collins would each be bigger concerns.
I disagree on Collins. In all honesty, he's disappeared since that one game where he had the interception.. Otherwise, he's done squat.

Dugger is a huge piece of this defense and Mills is also more important than Collins. The Pats actually got by a few games without Mills earlier in the season. The issue against the Bills is that Williams is better suited to lining up against the likes of Dawson Knox. Not Isaiah McKenzie or Emmanuel Sanders. The same goes for Miles Bryant. The X-factors will be Bausby and Ross. Whether or not one of them can line up against McKenzie/Sanders and limit them.

Road teams in the playoffs in that hostile environment the last 3 years
6-6
4-6
5-5

much greater than a zero chance.
Given that the higher seed is home, this would imply it has been an advantage to be on the road.

Road teams in the playoffs in that hostile environment the last 3 years
6-6
4-6
5-5

much greater than a zero chance.
Given that the higher seed is home, this would imply it has been an advantage to be on the road.
The extreme sarcasm in my post did not come through, apparently.

You won't be going to the team's first home playoff game (attended by fans) since 1996? Why on earth not?

Because I refuse to leave my elderly father to watch the Bills first home playoff game attended by fans since 1996 alone. He can’t do the 0 degree weather.

Yeah no way the patriots could go into buffalo, in 50 mile per hour winds, and win a game where the qb only makes 3 throws.

ZERO CHANCE the patriots win that way

Yeah no way the patriots could go into buffalo, in 50 mile per hour winds, and win a game where the qb only makes 3 throws.

ZERO CHANCE the patriots win that way
There’s simply no chance. The bills are super bowl favorites and the pats are rebuilding. Not sure if you’ve heard that.

I disagree on Collins. In all honesty, he's disappeared since that one game where he had the interception.. Otherwise, he's done squat.

Dugger is a huge piece of this defense and Mills is also more important than Collins. The Pats actually got by a few games without Mills earlier in the season. The issue against the Bills is that Williams is better suited to lining up against the likes of Dawson Knox. Not Isaiah McKenzie or Emmanuel Sanders. The same goes for Miles Bryant. The X-factors will be Bausby and Ross. Whether or not one of them can line up against McKenzie/Sanders and limit them.
Williams is actually a good matchup on sanders. McKenzie is Bradley’s backup.
The key is who is on Beasley ( or McKenzie if Beasley is out).
Bryants trouble seemed to all be in bunch formations so if that gets corrected I’m good with JC on Diggs Williams on Sanders and Bryant on Beasley. Gotta win up front though.

Because I refuse to leave my elderly father to watch the Bills first home playoff game attended by fans since 1996 alone. He can’t do the 0 degree weather.
what a load of horseshyt...so you're Father Mulcahey now..sacrificing a chance to see your team play in a playoff? you know, the reason why you HAVE a club seats(s). You are a fullacrap Cow

When Nick foles can beat us in Superbowl with Brady playing on MVP level, anything can happen.

I have a strange feeling we are the 2007 giants ..

McKenzie will have dropped passes that will be intercepted. He is due for the next fumble..

The teams are not evenly matched.
How so
11-6 10-7
1-1 head to head
28.4 ppg 27.2 ppg
17 ppg allowed vs 17.8

It would be almost impossible to find 2 more evenly matched teams.

An acceptable answer assuming it's truthful. Tell him Patriots fans, who are rooting hard for an upset, are glad his son will be there to keep him company (and offer him consolation after Allen shyts the bed).

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST