PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Pats at Bills Playoff Pregame Discussion Thread

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The people claiming that "Wynn Sucks" aren't capable of understanding how to grade an Offensive Lineman's performance. I've seen Wynn get blasted for things that Karras and Andrews should have taken care of.. I've seen Wynn get blasted for things that Smith, Henry, and Onwenu should have been blamed for..

The few things that Wynn did screw up, a blind squirrel would have seen.. He wasn't consistent this year. That's what can be said. But that can be said about the ENTIRE O-line. NONE of them were consistent. Not Andrews. Not Karras. Not Mason. Not Onwenu. Not Brown. Part of it probably stems from Dante Retiring, then losing Popovich right as the season was going to start. So, instead of having 2 trusted O-line coaches and Yates, they were down to 1.

Blitz from Allen's right side

Not usually a good idea.

Allen routinely makes players miss when they come straight at him.

Blitzing from his blindside is better as long as there is a DE that can maintain the edge on the right.

Sometimes the backup comes in and plays better than the Starter.

That has happened with the Bills before.

Do any of you feel that may happen with Wynn being out?
While Wynn has not fulfilled expectations, Herron has played and also not impressed. At best we are treading water here. Bill is pretty good about playing the players that give us the best chance to win. If you believe that, our chances are not as good. But Mills/Dugger/Collins would each be bigger concerns.

271860002_4242790549154099_4046853850777414509_n.jpg

Not usually a good idea.

Blitzing from his blindside is better as long as there is a DE that can maintain the edge on the right.
Yep. We need Wise to play like he did in BUF.

He did not play when BUF beat us at home.

Personally hope Bill throws everything and the kitchen sink at Buffalo. Even if you've shown your hand and the next several teams will be able to game plan more easily for you, knocking off Buffalo and getting to play one more playoff game feels worth it.
There is no holding back.
He will have a different game plan next week anyway.

I see every reason to believe an epic game plan is coming. We’ve played buffalo twice in a short time, our personnel are built around versatility and the plan always is to add more and more to game plans throughout the season to be able to bring a complex one in the playoffs. There was no work to do on looking at Buffalo, so the whole week was dedicated to building a plan to stop it.
Most of all I expect a creative and effective 3rd down package.

Just need a controlled rush to contain. Be disciplined. Has been missing too often of late.
That’s one approach, another is good balls to the wall to disrupt him and assign a spy if he bolts the pocket.
Yes QBs scrambling can be deflating plays, but consistently flushing him out and not giving him time in the pocket is a huge win.
Uncontrolled pressure is better than a controlled lack of it.

The people claiming that "Wynn Sucks" aren't capable of understanding how to grade an Offensive Lineman's performance. I've seen Wynn get blasted for things that Karras and Andrews should have taken care of.. I've seen Wynn get blasted for things that Smith, Henry, and Onwenu should have been blamed for..

The few things that Wynn did screw up, a blind squirrel would have seen.. He wasn't consistent this year. That's what can be said. But that can be said about the ENTIRE O-line. NONE of them were consistent. Not Andrews. Not Karras. Not Mason. Not Onwenu. Not Brown. Part of it probably stems from Dante Retiring, then losing Popovich right as the season was going to start. So, instead of having 2 trusted O-line coaches and Yates, they were down to 1.
Wynn is an average LT. He has the potentiality to be very good but has been inconsistent. He surely doesn’t suck.

Not usually a good idea.

I've been to your stadium several times, where are your seats tomorrow night?

That’s one approach, another is good balls to the wall to disrupt him and assign a spy if he bolts the pocket.
Yes QBs scrambling can be deflating plays, but consistently flushing him out and not giving him time in the pocket is a huge win.
Uncontrolled pressure is better than a controlled lack of it.
I fear him running more than throwing in the pocket. Especially in the freezer. Not sure we have any defenders to mirror him.

There is no holding back.
He will have a different game plan next week anyway.

I see every reason to believe an epic game plan is coming. We’ve played buffalo twice in a short time, our personnel are built around versatility and the plan always is to add more and more to game plans throughout the season to be able to bring a complex one in the playoffs. There was no work to do on looking at Buffalo, so the whole week was dedicated to building a plan to stop it.
Most of all I expect a creative and effective 3rd down package.

You can spend 8 hours a day scheming amazing Xs and Os and then have it all fall apart when you remember that the other team also game plans and they have much better talent.

I fear him running more than throwing in the pocket. Especially in the freezer. Not sure we have any defenders to mirror him.
They aren’t going to beat us with him running for his life. Sure he will make a few plays but if we let him sit in the pocket he will make a lot more.
No reason KVN Collins or Dugger can’t spy him. He isn’t Michael Vick.
I want to harass him, and make him rush his throws because under pressure he is a pick waiting to happen.

The problem with scrambles is they feel worse because you think you won the play by getting pressure and they run for a first down, but you lose a lot more often if he sits in the pocket because you got no pressure.

You can spend 8 hours a day scheming amazing Xs and Os and then have it all fall apart when you remember that the other team also game plans and they have much better talent.
Yeah. We just don't have the horses right now to compete with a team like Buffalo especially when you factor in our injuries and covid issues.

What is your point?
These teams are pretty evenly matched.
Coaching is our biggest potential advantage.

Yeah. We just don't have the horses right now to compete with a team like Buffalo especially when you factor in our injuries and covid issues.
Should we forfeit?
I mean they were 11-6 and we were only 10-7.
We only beat them 1 out of 2. Why show up?

I won’t be at the game. Sister will be. Club seats.

You won't be going to the team's first home playoff game (attended by fans) since 1996? Why on earth not?

club seats? oh...so you're an elitist, big shot Moron Cow...figures...I knew there was something about your incredible snotty arrogance and now it's clear why...YOU think you're better than everybody...I got news for you, Elsie...YOU couldn't be a p!ss boy for any member here at Patsfans. Clubseat Clubfoot Cow...phukk off

The games gonna be on in 24 hours....

I don't knownhow it'll turn out. One minute I feel like Buffalo will blow us out, the next minute I feel like we'll upset them

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST