PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Pats at Bills Playoff Pregame Discussion Thread

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you were a 24 year old 2nd year player ready to play his first playoff game, you’d feel differently.
I'm not saying I wouldn't go, but I would definitely be bummed if I went and could not play. And more so in Buffalo than in Miami.

Hopefully Sean Davis not being promoted is a good sign for Dugger, and not that Davis himself is too hurt to play. He got hurt on his first snap last week, and they don’t have to include his status on the injury report.

Guregian reported he is unvaccinated.
He might have symptoms and feels like ****. Dugger was out and he was vaxed

If he isn't his priorities are ****ed up. He should care more about ensuring hes eligible for a playoff game and less about the tint of his green ****ing hair.

He did. His name is Dietrich Wise who is the best run-stopping DE on the team.
Interesting that Wise played 48% of the snaps, which is about 65% of 1st and 2nd down snaps.
We moved from 2 true DL and 2 34olb/43des to replacing one a true DL in Wise.
I have a sneaking feeling that we are going to Hightower on the edge this week.
I am expecting a unique game plan out of BB this week. Hightower is one of the most versatile LBs ever, and BB has a history of cutting him loose in a specialized role in the playoffs.
Judon on one side and Hightower on the other will cause havoc. Flush Allen into KVN or Dugger spying him
in the middle.

And who couldn't rush the passer if his life depended on it.
Someone has to set the edge. You want QBs running all around fancy free on his side too?

I'm not saying I wouldn't go, but I would definitely be bummed if I went and could not play. And more so in Buffalo than in Miami.
Yesterday my son and I had a serious conversation about buying tickets and going to Buffalo. We were “sure why not” about all the plans until we got to what the temp will be and we both said “nah, f that.”
We decided we will fly to Nashville for next weeks game instead.

Interesting that Wise played 48% of the snaps, which is about 65% of 1st and 2nd down snaps.
We moved from 2 true DL and 2 34olb/43des to replacing one a true DL in Wise.
I have a sneaking feeling that we are going to Hightower on the edge this week.
I am expecting a unique game plan out of BB this week. Hightower is one of the most versatile LBs ever, and BB has a history of cutting him loose in a specialized role in the playoffs.
Judon on one side and Hightower on the other will cause havoc. Flush Allen into KVN or Dugger spying him
in the middle.
More blitzes from High please.

More blitzes from High please.
I look back and wonder what his career would look like if they just put him on the edge and let him rush the qb his whole career. Definitely better than clay Mathew’s and arguably Von Miller. Then I realize we wouldn’t have won as many games or rings limiting him to just that.

Yesterday my son and I had a serious conversation about buying tickets and going to Buffalo. We were “sure why not” about all the plans until we got to what the temp will be and we both said “nah, f that.”
We decided we will fly to Nashville for next weeks game instead.
Yea I scraped my plan too. Too many moving parts on the family front.

One of the best rookie seasons ever by a qb. Who would you put ahead of him? Especially when everyone complains he has no weapons. What rookie QB led a more productive offense?
Roethlisberger was like 14-1 and took his team to the AFC Championship game.

I look back and wonder what his career would look like if they just put him on the edge and let him rush the qb his whole career. Definitely better than clay Mathew’s and arguably Von Miller. Then I realize we wouldn’t have won as many games or rings limiting him to just that.
He would have gotten 5-8 sacks a year and would have been underutilized.

If Mills is unvaccinated, why were anyone speculating whether he could play. He had to be off the list by 4PM today and that is only four days. I don't think he can be activated for tomorrow night even though he would be off the list tomorrow after 4PM (I think).
I read a tweet from a Bills guy that Mills is out as he didn't make the 4pm deadline today. Take that for what its worth.

Someone has to set the edge. You want QBs running all around fancy free on his side too?

That's Judon's fault for not setting a better edge; doesn't mean we should absolve Wise for being a complete Nothing rushing the passer either.

Roethlisberger was like 14-1 and took his team to the AFC Championship game.
Good example but they won largely because of defense, that offense wasn’t more productive than the 2021 Pats. They were 11am in scoring, 9th in score %, 27th in the red zone.
And we are talking regular season so far.

Heard on the radio that Jones’ touch passes may be easier to catch in the cold that Allen’s rockets. Receivers may try to catch Allen’s passes with their bodies because it will be too hard to catch with their hands.

That's Judon's fault for not setting a better edge; doesn't mean we should absolve Wise for being a complete Nothing rushing the passer either.
That is not this system. Never was. Did you have a problem when we had Duck Boat parades every 15 minutes?

He has 2.5 sacks and 9 hurries. That totally respectable from a run-first DE. Dude you need to recalibrate your expectations for these guys.

Heard on the radio that Jones’ touch passes may be easier to catch in the cold that Allen’s rockets. Receivers may try to catch Allen’s passes with their bodies because it will be too hard to catch with their hands.
Jones absolutely throws a soft, accurate, catchable ball. Allen throws rockets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST