PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Pats at Bills Playoff Pregame Discussion Thread

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Line just moved to -5.

The sharps are putting heavy money on Buffalo right now.

This happened right before Game #2 vs NE as well.
Its almost always "sharps" taking the points...in games where they see value in the line. "sharps" don't usually lay points. And "sharps" aren't usually all that sharp, IMO.

Its almost always "sharps" taking the points...in games where they see value in the line. "sharps" don't usually lay points. And "sharps" aren't usually all that sharp, IMO.

Yet here they are.

Here’s the thing. I’m about as sharp as a stick of butter. This isn’t my knowledge. I just try to track patterns to see what the professionals do.

No one is talking about unsold tickets.

There are only 300~ unsold (these came available late - typically reserved seats for families of players etc).

What the media is talking about is the RESALE market.

Prices are low because so many people can’t cross the border or are not vaccinated. Thus creating a flood of available RESALE tickets.
I think you're both trying to hide the reality here. Both in New England and in Buffalo, fans don't want to go to cold weather games. It's true of both fanbases, it's true of every NFL fanbase.

If I try to get a ticket for a game in New England in the first level in September, it's $200.
If I try to get one for the AFCCG in 20 degree weather, it's $150.

Same kind of dynamic in Buffalo. $150 for a September game, $90 for a playoff game.

Both fanbases have season ticket holders who simply do not want to be out in the cold.

As much as I sympathize with canadian fans who can't attend due to covid rules, the fact that there are still unsold seats at these rock bottom prices to me is quite surprising. I just don't see this happening at another NFL stadium. Overall attendance totals are about the size of the stadium for most good teams as they all sell out. The fact that a cold weather city has tickets for <$50 available for a playoff game does not reflect well on the fanbase, IMO.

going to lock thread as the gdt is now up

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye