PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2022 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Mac looked mediocre at best so it could be a long year. Tua look bad too and they should get Jimmy with that roster.
Until the Pats figure out the offensive coordinators and get better WRs, Mac will be hard to evaluate.

Bourne has the highest ceiling of the group but hardly played.

The big FA signing, Parker, was a meh signing. He is a WR3 or 4.

Meyers is the WR1 but on most teams he'd be the WR3.

Told now it’s Russell Gage who is working out pre-game. Chris Godwin is expected to do the same.

Bucs receiver Russell Gage, listed as questionable with a hamstring injury, has been working out on the field last 15 minutes or so with trainer Bobby Slater and receivers coach Kevin Garver. Seems fine so far ...

Last edited:
First and foremost, Bucs need to win themselves tonight against the Cowboys, but the Rams losing at home and Packers trailing Vikings 17-0 in second half is a best-case scenario for Tampa Bay looking way, way down the road for NFC seeding.

Chris Godwin and Russell Gage are both active tonight for Bucs vs. Cowboys.

Bucs' inactives tonight vs. Cowboys: WR Scotty Miller, TE Kyle Rudolph, RB Ke'Shawn Vaughn, CB Zyon McCollum, T Fred Johnson, QB Kyle Trask.

Some of those inactives are surprising to me.

Bucs who can make their NFL debuts tonight: DL Logan Hall, G Luke Goedeke, RB Rachaad White, P Jake Camarda, TE Cade Otton, TE Ko Kieft, LB Olakunle Fatukasi, OL Brandon Walton.

Players who can make their Bucs (but not NFL) debuts tonight: WR Julio Jones, WR Russell Gage, S Keanu Neal, S Logan Ryan, G Shaq Mason, DL Akiem Hicks.

I left out outside linebacker Genard Avery, who was elevated from the practice squad Saturday and is active tonight to also make his Bucs debut.

I'm glad they had the guts to sit Rudolph tonight and dress the young guys.

2021 Bucs playing elsewhere roundup, Week 1:

O.J. Howard: 2 TDs, 38 yards (Texans)
Alex Cappa: started at LG (Bengals)
Jordan Whitehead: started, 5 tackles (Jets)
Justin Watson: 2 special-teams tackles (Chiefs)
Tyler Johnson: inactive (Texans)
Ronald Jones: inactive (Chiefs)

I wonder if Whitehead is having second thoughts about jumping to the Jets over money.

We talked about how the Bucs' 53 had an offensive tilt with 27 offense, 23 defense, but tonight's active 48 players actually have a defensive lean, with 23 dressed on defense, 22 on offense. Five of the six inactive Bucs tonight are on offense.

Bucs quarterback Tom Brady makes his 20th career Week 1 start tonight, which breaks the NFL record he had shared with Drew Brees.

After a turd of a Pats game this game should be a nice pick-me-up.

Likely Brady's final opener of his career and it should be a great one. Enjoy folks.

With 10 completions tonight, Tom Brady passes Doug Williams (895) for No. 6 on the #Bucs career list. Brady is playing the first game of his third season in Tampa Bay.

Lot of velocity on the throws they look great. Some communication issues I think.

Maybe could have used a few more days at camp...

They don't look like Buffalo or KC so far but they are can get there with that talent

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
Donovan Smith was lazy off the snap, and it ended up getting him hurt/injured.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back