PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2022 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Wow Bucs can make a serious run in the playoffs. They still have a core group of veterans from their last SB, plus they have a lot of young talent on rookie contracts. Quite a contrast to the talent level I see with the Pats. The sun is still shining on the Bucs past Brady, while it's still cold and dark for probably a few more years longer in Patriot land. The Pats are lost.

Well keep in mind that the Eagles are in a complete free fall. Started 10-1 and then proceeded to lose 5 of their final 6 games. Their starters lost to the Giants in week 18.

Well keep in mind that the Eagles are in a complete free fall. Started 10-1 and then proceeded to lose 5 of their final 6 games. Their starters lost to the Giants in week 18.
It's probably a coincidence that the freefall started when Patricia, another sour apple from the Belichick coaching tree, took over the defense.

Wow Bucs can make a serious run in the playoffs. They still have a core group of veterans from their last SB, plus they have a lot of young talent on rookie contracts. Quite a contrast to the talent level I see with the Pats. The sun is still shining on the Bucs past Brady, while it's still cold and dark for probably a few more years longer in Patriot land. The Pats are lost.
Winter is coming.

Cheering for them. Always had a soft spot for that team ever since they picked off Gannon 900 times in the Super Bowl and ruined that team for decades and counting.

It all depends on Baker and his level of play
Baker is OK. He's not an elite QB that can carry a team to a SB, but he’s good enough to do his part. However, the Tampa team is more talented than most people think. Their rookies from 2020 and 2023 are playing lights out. Their rookies from 2021 and 2022 were non factors then but are playing much better now. Plus they have undrafted players contributing too.

They have been handicapped by poor coaching last year which continued until past the midpoint of this year. Then Bowles started coaching better, coaching to win instead of coaching not to lose. While the OC Canales is league's above Leftwhich.

The Bucs record of 6 wins out of the last 7 could very well be because they are peaking, not necessarily about weak opponents.

Cheering for them. Always had a soft spot for that team ever since they picked off Gannon 900 times in the Super Bowl and ruined that team for decades and counting.
I have to take some credit for the Raiduhs downfall. In Feb of 2001, 25 years after Dreith cheated the Pats in 76, I put a 25 year curse on them. They used to talk tough but they've been crying about a legit call for over two decades and counting.

• Winner
Reactions: sb1
Baker is OK. He's not an elite QB that can carry a team to a SB, but he’s good enough to do his part. However, the Tampa team is more talented than most people think. Their rookies from 2020 and 2023 are playing lights out. Their rookies from 2021 and 2022 were non factors then but are playing much better now. Plus they have undrafted players contributing too.

They have been handicapped by poor coaching last year which continued until past the midpoint of this year. Then Bowles started coaching better, coaching to win instead of coaching not to lose. While the OC Canales is league's above Leftwhich.

The Bucs record of 6 wins out of the last 7 could very well be because they are peaking, not necessarily about weak opponents.
They also had a decimated offensive line last year. Agree, Baker is not consistent so remains to be seen.

Baker is good and probably playing better than a 46 year old Brady would have if he stayed.

Baker is good and probably playing better than a 46 year old Brady would have if he stayed.
I partly agree and disagree. The 2022 Bucs were a mess (and injured) and so was Brady. The 2022 Bucs looked alot like the 2019 Patriots but worse.

This 2023 Bucs are healthy and head and shoulders better than the team last year. 46 yo Brady would be over the shock of Giselle leaving and have his head back in the game.

I say 46yo Brady would be leading the team at the same level or higher than Mayfield. Don't forget Mayfield has basically stunk the joint 1/3 of the time, ok 1/3, and top 10 the other third.

The final thing I have to say, is the Bucs defense is playing lights out. They're hitting their peak and if they get to the SB, it's because the defense is even better than the 2020 SB Bucs defense.

Yeah disagree. The bucs were a mess in 22. Oline was crap, injuries all over the place. Bad playcalling. Brady in 22 at 45 years old, had 4700 yards 66% completion, 25 td's 9 ints. Baker had 4044 yards 28tds 10 ints 64% completion. Brady playing with that healthy team would have done better.

Yeah disagree. The bucs were a mess in 22. Oline was crap, injuries all over the place. Bad playcalling. Brady in 22 at 45 years old, had 4700 yards 66% completion, 25 td's 9 ints. Baker had 4044 yards 28tds 10 ints 64% completion. Brady playing with that healthy team would have done better.

Possibly. We’ll never know. He should have been on the Niners god dammir

Possibly. We’ll never know. He should have been on the Niners god dammir
It's mind boggling how foolish the 49ers were not to go after Brady when they had the chance! I can almost guarantee you they would've at the very least won 2 titles by now! Brady would've feasted with those offensive weapons! Kyle Shanahan and John Lynch fumbled the bag big time

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back