PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No matter who wins, Saints fans will say it's tainted

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am old enough (just barely) to remember Russ Francis getting absolutely mauled by Phil Villapiano in the Patriots/Raiders playoff game of 1976. To me, that will always be the worst overlooked DPI call in playoff history.

Even if the Saints missed opportunities in OT, none of that should matter. Game should've been done at that moment had the officials done their jobs.

Saints would've run the clock down and kicked a FG to win in regulation.
The game SHOULD have been over if the Saints had just run the ball 3 times and kicked a FG, leaving the Rams with about 45 seconds and no TO's to get the ball into FG range. Thanks to this controversy, noone is talking about the EPIC blunder Payton made before that play.

No is talking about how instead of getting his team to move on and play the rest of the game, he was seen continually whining to the refs just like his team. Can you see Bill doing that? No he would have simply destroyed the tablet and moved on to the next play.

Peyton should be ashamed. He didn't do his job, and his team suffered for it. They had TONS of time to recover from that bad call. They didn't, and they lost. I feel bad for their fans. I feel bad for Brees. But I have nothing but DISTAIN for Sean Peyton.

It's about as perfect as you're going to get. The winner of the coin toss wins about 53% of the time.

So there is a way to make it perfect then.

The winner of the coin toss must pass “the lottery” test. There are a hundred balls bouncing around, and three of them are marked with a skull and crossbones. The ref selects a ball, and 97% of the time, the coin toss winner avoids the skull and crossbones, but when it does hit, it’s an automatic loss for the receiving team.

Now those odds are 50% even, and not 53%.

Perfect?

The game SHOULD have been over if the Saints had just run the ball 3 times and kicked a FG, leaving the Rams with about 45 seconds and no TO's to get the ball into FG range. Thanks to this controversy, noone is talking about the EPIC blunder Payton made before that play.

No is talking about how instead of getting his team to move on and play the rest of the game, he was seen continually whining to the refs just like his team. Can you see Bill doing that? No he would have simply destroyed the tablet and moved on to the next play.

Peyton should be ashamed. He didn't do his job, and his team suffered for it. They had TONS of time to recover from that bad call. They didn't, and they lost. I feel bad for their fans. I feel bad for Brees. But I have nothing but DISTAIN for Sean Peyton.
THANK YOU. That first down incomplete pass in the red zone was idiotic and I saw the choke coming before the non call play even happened.

Lol who cares what they think?. I doubt they would beat either AFC teams if they made it. They nearly lost to Philly at home last week and settling for FGS finally caught up to them against the Rams.

Sean Payton is extraordinarily lucky that everyone is focused on the one blown non-flag, and not his atrocious playcalling down the stretch that made the game loseable at all.
Or Drew Brees for that terrible throw on 1st down. If Brees makes a better throw the clock keeps ticking and it's like 2nd and short. Maybe even a 1st and goal.

I am old enough (just barely) to remember Russ Francis getting absolutely mauled by Phil Villapiano in the Patriots/Raiders playoff game of 1976. To me, that will always be the worst overlooked DPI call in playoff history.
That game was a cornucopia of screw jobs. The tuck rule was simply justice delayed 25 years.

And the Pat's weeks worth of preparing for the Rams may have been for not?

Really?

Ok you have the point. It's not favorable enough then.
Besides, it's pretty unlikely. They are still some 7.970.000 signatures away so there's that

Last edited:
IMO the Saints did get screwed. However bad calls or no calls seen to prevail in the NFL.

We've been the recipient of enough of these screwy calls too.

McVay actually had a great comment.
Something like “one of things I like best about our team is whether we like the call or don’t we just keep playing and focus on football”

BULL....5HIT

When there is no next game to play, you're PISSED! That call just cost the Saints Superbowl berth for crying out loud!

I guarantee you he wouldn't be saying that if it were the Rams who got robbed of that call. I'll bet my balls he'd be running up and down the sidelines, going ape5hit, screaming off the top of his lungs, and you wouldn't hear anything different from him after the game. I can't imagine being a Saints fan right now. I'd be LIVID. :mad:

That ****ing McVay kid is starting to piss me off. Arrogant little 5hit.

BULL....5HIT

When there is no next game to play, you're PISSED! That call just cost the Saints Superbowl berth for crying out loud!

I guarantee you he wouldn't be saying that if it were the Rams who got robbed of that call. I'll bet my balls he'd be running up and down the sidelines, going ape5hit, screaming off the top of his lungs, and you wouldn't hear anything different from him after the game. I can't imagine being a Saints fan right now. I'd be LIVID. :mad:

That ****ing McVay kid is starting to piss me off. Arrogant little 5hit.
Have you ever seen him react that way? Hard to bet your balls on what someone else would do.
It’s not like it was the last play of the game. The saints had plenty of opportunities after that.

In any event,what do you want him to say?

they got screwed........that said, we'd kick their ass the same way we're going to kick the rams ass

the problem we have with all this crap we're dealing with today is the advent of the
goddamned social justice warrior mentality into EVERY goddamned segment of our lives.I'm outraged and want everything changed because...FEELINGS HURT!!!!...now every swinging d!ck with an agenda gets to complain like a damned three year old because "NOT FAIR! WAAAAAHHH!"...idiots...pure and simple myopic miscreants.

Srsly, Joker? A significant % of your posts (outside of the Jests thread) are complaints about how the Pats are treated by the NFL and its Ruler.

If we were the Saints in this situation, this forum would be burning with a sense of injustice and we'd all be participating. Doing that w/regard to sports fandom is a healthy outlet; doing it because I got cut off in traffic or one of my social entitlements is being threatened is another matter. They aren't the same thing at all.

...Peyton should be ashamed. He didn't do his job, and his team suffered for it. They had TONS of time to recover from that bad call. They didn't, and they lost. I feel bad for their fans. I feel bad for Brees. But I have nothing but DISTAIN for Sean Peyton.

I agree that he screwed this up, and that surprised me because I'd held him in higher regard as a game coach. The loss is more on him than it is on the "all star" ref team that was thrown together for this game.

But this is a harsher reaction from you than I would have anticipated, given your generally level headed posts. And he caused you to soil your clothing or couch?

"Distain (pronounced “dihs-tane”) is a verb. It means to soil one’s clothes, furniture, or another surface. [Yes, this is one of those odd times in English where “stain” and “distain” mean basically the same thing.]"

I understand the fans are upset. Blatant missed call. If the call was made, then the Saints are the opponent now. If the Patriots got that no call and lost, then I suspect fans here would be doing the exact same thing Saints fans are doing now. It sucks.

But it was ultimately one play in the game. They had home field after beating the Rams on the road. After the Dallas loss, and excluding the last game when they sat starters, they have been averaging about 23 points per game. Rams put up 35 in the loss. 23 points with the Saints defense was likely not going to win.

The Seahawks had more to grouse about against the Steelers in 2006. Payton should have gone the BB route - "left too many plays on the field." He could have won that game before and after that play, but didn't. Brees took that high road after the game - credit to him.

I feel for the Saints fans, but nothing is tainted about the title. The Saints played poorly enough and had a poor enough game plan that they made this issue relevant. They lost. Chapter closed.

Have you ever seen him react that way? Hard to bet your balls on what someone else would do.
It’s not like it was the last play of the game. The saints had plenty of opportunities after that.

In any event,what do you want him to say?

I've watched plenty of Rams games where I saw him going ape5hit on the sidelines after much lesser bad calls.

What I want him to say? I don't know, how about something like "It's unfortunate, but I don't make the calls".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results