PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No matter who wins, Saints fans will say it's tainted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully there's a fat disgusting slob of a reporter in LA that can get PI- Gate started and plastered on the front page of the LA Times. That could be fun.

That was a definitely a tough one to swallow. Sure, it's easy to say 'keep playing' but this one was SOOOO late in the game that it's pretty safe to say that it would have meant a Saints victory.

All this crying after the fact is not a good look, but neither was the non-call, so I don't blame them. All in all just looks bad for the nfl.

You should go to their board. It's insane right now. They want a rematch. There is a petition for it and they already have 25k signatures.
I disagree with your thread headline, Saints fans are pulling for the Patriots.

Ok i feel bad for them about the call n everything but enough is enough. Its one play out of a hundred. They still had a lead after that fg which they blew, they still got the ball first in ot thanks to a coin flip which they blew, and they had a chance to stop la from getting into fg range which they blew.

First off I don’t believe in tainted championships...that just a person opinion and we know opinions dont mean squat.

Second, yeh that whole thing is too bad but lets face it the Rams got screwed with the NON-Facemask call....I mean that could have been a major factor also.

This whole thing is just a factor of when people dont get what they want they cry about it, find a safe room, need counseling...bunch of dam p......s

And on another similar note, now people want OT changed...why?....because the Pats won....but but...the Pats got a bogus call on Brady for roughing the passer, no one talking about Edelman being mugged on the same play or the obviously and blatant pick on the KC touchdown pay...or Gronk being mugged all day by Berry.....I mean the whole world is getting dam ridiculous...its so stupid.... the disaster this entire world becoming...

Nothing wrong with OT BTW....there is no perfect answer to it.

My god.

Last edited:
Good thing the Saints don't play in our conference.

Bars in New Orleans are refusing to show the super bowl. They need to build a bridge and get over it. Move on. Does it suck? Yes I’d feel terrible if that happened to us but we’re not re doing the game

Hopefully all this controversy and hype wears on their opponents, causing them to doubt the legitimacy of them being in the SB, and they come out and lay an egg because of it. Maybe we can benefit from all of this! :)
I feel like it will motivate them and limit their “Star struckedness” . They seemed happy to be there at first but now this is getting ugly.

Huge billboards all over Atlanta near the stadium getting put up by saints fans. The Rams May get an us verse them anger.

I don’t like it.

If the Pats win...Saints fans will say the officiating took matters into their hands to stamp out the memory of the Rams and the NFC game controversy, and that it wasn’t a legitimate contest. They’ll be pissed they do this, rather than their irrational idea of replaying the NFC game where it left off.

If the Rams win...Saints fans will be in complete and utter disarray compared to what they are now over a team they had “beat” holding the trophy.

In conclusion, should see plenty of complaining in the future.

First off I don’t believe in tainted championships...that just a person opinion and we know opinions dont mean squat.

Second, yeh that whole thing is too bad but lets face it the Rams got screwed with the NON-Facemask call....I mean that could have been a major factor also.

This whole thing is just a factor of when people dont get what they want they cry about it, find a safe room, need counseling...bunch of dam p......s

And on another similar note, now people want OT changed...why?....because the Pats won....but but...the Pats got a bogus call on Brady for roughing the passer, no one talking about Edelman being mugged on the same play or the obviously and blatant pick on the KC touchdown pay...or Gronk being mugged all day by Berry.....I mean the whole world is getting dam ridiculous...its so stupid.... the disaster this entire world becoming...

Nothing wrong with OT BTW....there is no perfect answer to it.

My god.

Its the easiest cop out for frustrated fans. Just whine and b**** about everything and act like everything is broken or tainted or shouldn’t count. Simplest way to deal with stuff not going your way

It was a bad no-call.

Was it a worse no-call than refusing to call holding on the Tyree catch play, when Richard Seymour was quite literally held around the neck after he blew by the Giants center?

To refresh the bad memory:
As Manning kept moving his feet and staying alive, struggling to break free from the grasp of New England rushers Jarvis Green and Richard Seymour, a desperate O'Hara slid his gloved right hand onto Seymour's throat.

"I said, 'Screw it,'" O'Hara recalled. "I was squeezing his trachea as hard as I could and not letting go." Choked by a 300-pound man, Seymour was temporarily disabled for the split-second that allowed Manning to get away. O'Hara gambled that the officials would miss his WWE move, and miss it they sure as hell did. If they threw a flag there, the Patriots would have ended up 19-0.

Giants Shaun O’Hara confirms he choked Richard Seymour on Eli Manning’s Super Bowl scramble

note both the bear hug on Green and the choke hold on Seymour:
5096202.jpg
I would’ve rated this “Like”, “Winner” and “Agree” if I could.

This is exactly why I have ZERO sympathy for any team that falls victim to a no or bad call.

They got absolutely hosed.
I am normally the first one to poke a hole in a conspiracy theory but everything about that non call stinks to high heaven, it goes beyond a wtf screwing. By virtue of their assigned rolls at least 4 of the 7 officials should have been in position to see that PI, it strains all credibility that they all could have 'missed' it. Particularly the side judge that can clearly be seen looking right at it.

UQGOzFpi
How the hell did that zebra right ****ing there not throw a flag?

If the Pats win...Saints fans will say the officiating took matters into their hands to stamp out the memory of the Rams and the NFC game controversy, and that it wasn’t a legitimate contest. They’ll be pissed they do this, rather than their irrational idea of replaying the NFC game where it left off.

If the Rams win...Saints fans will be in complete and utter disarray compared to what they are now over a team they had “beat” holding the trophy.

In conclusion, should see plenty of complaining in the future.
They’ll say the rams winning was illegitimate and deserves an asterisk

Has Phieren showed up yet?

Dat really sucks.

Two things: 1) In real time, and for this play, there can only be real time since it's not reviewable, it was a bang bang play which I could only call AFTER the slowed-down replay. 2) The Saints were passing when they should have been running the ball--they could have won the game by keeping the ball on the ground, and kicking a field goal with almost no time on the clock and no LA timeouts. Instead they went the pass route which stopped the clock twice for LA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST