PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No matter who wins, Saints fans will say it's tainted

Status
Not open for further replies.
They got jobbed on the call. Human nature to feel pissed because it’s their team and thats pretty much it.

We have fans like myself that felt that same feeling when the hold against Ohara wasn’t called in 07 or the Colts gifts in 06. Hell, even the raiders still feel jolted in 01.

Let them have their anger and grief and move on. In a little bit they are the only ones who will care anyway.

Two things: 1) In real time, and for this play, there can only be real time since it's not reviewable, it was a bang bang play which I could only call AFTER the slowed-down replay. 2) The Saints were passing when they should have been running the ball--they could have won the game by keeping the ball on the ground, and kicking a field goal with almost no time on the clock and no LA timeouts. Instead they went the pass route which stopped the clock twice for LA.

It wasn't that bang bang considering there were TWO penalties on the play, hitting him the helmet in addition to interference.

Hopefully all this controversy and hype wears on their opponents, causing them to doubt the legitimacy of them being in the SB, and they come out and lay an egg because of it. Maybe we can benefit from all of this! :)
In a way I think we already did. Because of what happened in NO before the KC game, I believe the league wanted to make extra sure they got calls right during AFCCG. First half they let them play but as chaos ensued because of NO fiasco (they had to move refs from hotel for their own safety, lol), I think league didn't want any more controversies (they got them anyway).

That may be a reason for reversing the muff call (when many here didn't think it would happen), getting Hogan's calls correct, and maybe even calling Ford's neutral zone infraction. I clearly remember watching a game this season where the announcer pointed out how the line judge let a player know he was encroaching before the snap (which Reid during his whiner rant pointed out judges usually do).

They only called 2 penalties in the 1st half (NE: DB hold & delay). 3 flags in the 3rd qtr (KC: illegal block & FS / NE: OPI).

Then in the 4th qtr they had 7 flags (NE: DPI, DB hold negated fumble recovery, DPI-23 yds, roughing passer declined, offsides declined / KC: Roughing passer, Offsides negated INT). OT no flags.

They got most of the reviewed calls correct. They obviously missed several calls (DPI, holds, etc.) which both sides complained about.

Anyway this is just conjecture but I'll be damned if the league lets Rams win SB on a BS call when they're already being sued for what happened in NO.

Go Pats!

Wtf was Payton doing on the last drive in the 4th? Throwing it? Seriously? And Brees completely fell off a cliff after the Dallas loss. Dude wasn't good yesterday either. Threw a pick in OT. Yesterday was a clear example of why Brady will always be the goat. Brees? Not a goat.
Talking about Peyton, how's your uncle doing?

Two things: 1) In real time, and for this play, there can only be real time since it's not reviewable, it was a bang bang play which I could only call AFTER the slowed-down replay. 2) The Saints were passing when they should have been running the ball--they could have won the game by keeping the ball on the ground, and kicking a field goal with almost no time on the clock and no LA timeouts. Instead they went the pass route which stopped the clock twice for LA.

unless you're not used to watching football, that was certainly nothing like a bang-bang play

live, in regular time, not slow mo, its one of the easiest PI calls you can possibly make, it was easier than the call on Phillip on the first TD in the AFCCG, and that was obvious!

So what?? They had BountyGate...

the problem we have with all this crap we're dealing with today is the advent of the
goddamned social justice warrior mentality into EVERY goddamned segment of our lives.I'm outraged and want everything changed because...FEELINGS HURT!!!!...now every swinging d!ck with an agenda gets to complain like a damned three year old because "NOT FAIR! WAAAAAHHH!"...idiots...pure and simple myopic miscreants.

9a1e04e5bae8d537984dc2145f2d662f--saints-football-who-dat.jpg

They got absolutely hosed.
I am normally the first one to poke a hole in a conspiracy theory but everything about that non call stinks to high heaven, it goes beyond a wtf screwing. By virtue of their assigned rolls at least 4 of the 7 officials should have been in position to see that PI, it strains all credibility that they all could have 'missed' it. Particularly the side judge that can clearly be seen looking right at it.

UQGOzFpi
It’s all because of a weak commissioner that knows nothing other than to pander to the public. People have been complaining about there being too many flags and that they should let them play so there you have it- they are too scared to throw the flag in the dying minutes of the game. That’s why there seems to be a different set of rules for the last two mins and a different set of rules for the playoffs... because the public didn’t want games to be decided by penalty.

They did, but practically every team gets screwed at least once per game. You have to throw your tablet and move on.

And when you elect to do so on national television, throw with aplomb.

It was clear from the mechanics and precision last game Bill prepared tirelessly for his throw. That tablet should find its way to the Hall, although I doubt Microsoft engineers designed the Surface to withstand that level of head coach rage.

the worst non call in sports recently was the warriors rockets game involving durant trying to save a ball, he must’ve been 20ft out of bound but blind ref completely ignored it

Did you watch the game? This isn't slowed-down, take a look and tell us you couldn't/wouldn't have have made that call

Cause in 'real time' the PI was plain as day , the helmet to helmet maybe not so much but the PI was flat out ridiculous. Robey-Coleman was beat, got there before the ball and never looked back. Everyone watching it saw it plain as day except apparently you and the game officials. As for running the ball to kill the clock the Saints did run on 2nd down and LA called their 2nd timeout, they were not out of them and still had a timeout left to call after that 3rd down had it been a run.

Last edited:
The fact they are still stuck on that instead of questioning the playcalling on the entire sequence (throw twice ? Really? A ****ing wheel route is the best you can come up with on 3rd down ?) and Bree's INT in OT is laughable.
That INT in OT should have been DPI.

Did you watch the game? This isn't slowed-down, take a look and tell us you couldn't/wouldn't have have made that call

Cause in 'real time' the PI was plain as day , the helmet to helmet maybe not so much but the PI was flat out ridiculous. Robey-Coleman was beat, got there before the ball and never looked back. Everyone watching it saw it plain as day except apparently you and the game officials. As for running the ball to kill the clock the Saints did run on 2nd down and LA called their 2nd timeout, they were not out of them and still had a timeout left to call after that 3rd down had it been a run.

I think the ref said he thought the ball got tipped. If the ball was tipped, then it is not pass interference.

Sean Payton is extraordinarily lucky that everyone is focused on the one blown non-flag, and not his atrocious playcalling down the stretch that made the game loseable at all.

That INT in OT should have been DPI.
How so? That defender is entitled to his place on the field. It wasn't PI at all, but it was closer to OPI than DPI. The defender was watching and playing the ball, while the receiver was doing neither - basically the exact opposite of how it usually goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News