PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No Gilmore, No Rowe at Practice (Weds) [wk 7 vs Atl injury reports & updates]

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCB02062

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
No Rowe or Gilmore at practice today, per Howe and others. If these guys are not playing Sunday it makes winning this game a monumental task...**** the injuries on this team....

No Rowe or Gilmore at practice today, per Howe and others. If these guys are not playing Sunday it makes winning this game a monumental task...**** the injuries on this team....

It would suck but still too early. I would be concerned if they don't practice tomorrow.

This Gilmore thing is starting to stink, is he in the dog house or something?
he's supposedly in "concussion protocol"...which is a fancy thing the league created to stave off future lawsuits

So you’re saying it’s over? Chalk it up as an L?

So you’re saying it’s over? Chalk it up as an L?
Nope, saying the defense would be better with Gilmore and Rowe, considering they were starters when they got hurt...so Belichick must think they're 2/3 top CB on the team

Slight chance for Gilmore if he practices tomorrow. Not unusual for concussions to drag out though. I don't expect to see Rowe for several weeks as he is still limping from a torn groin. Most likely scenario is same as last week. Bademosi exceeded my expectations, and Jones has been competitive, although of course I'd prefer our starters to be healthy.

This Gilmore thing is starting to stink, is he in the dog house or something?
I don't think BB would cover for him if he was free lancing. He'd let him drown.

On the bright side, at least they (subs) have all week to practice.

Bouye started as a STer :D

I can't speak to what he looked like in coverage without seeing the All-22 but, in game, I did notice that he was flying to the ball as a tackler.

I love the Pats with every fiber of my being, but I really can’t see them beating an angry pissed off Falcon team looking for revenge WITHOUT Rowe & Gilmore. Held on for dear life against an average QB in McCown. Ryan is a completely different beast altogether. He’s way above average. Even with Rowe and Gilmore it would be a tough game. But with a special team player (Bademosi) and our 4th corner playing as our #2 and #3 corner, there is no part of me that can see a Pat’s victory.

There’s always a chance with Tom Brady and Belichick at the helm. But that’s too much to ask. I think we’ll have a repeat of SB 51 with Brady trying to come back from a big deficit. But with those 2 guys out, that deficit won’t stay static. I hope I’m wrong.

I love the Pats with every fiber of my being, but I really can’t see them beating an angry pissed off Falcon team looking for revenge WITHOUT Rowe & Gilmore. Held on for dear life against an average QB in McCown. Ryan is a completely different beast altogether. He’s way above average. Even with Rowe and Gilmore it would be a tough game. But with a special team player (Bademosi) and our 4th corner playing as our #2 and #3 corner, there is no part of me that can see a Pat’s victory.

There’s always a chance with Tom Brady and Belichick at the helm. But that’s too much to ask. I think we’ll have a repeat of SB 51 with Brady trying to come back from a big deficit. But with those 2 guys out, that deficit won’t stay static. I hope I’m wrong.
So we just aren't in the class of the bills or Dolphins who beat Atlanta and suck so bad we have no chance at home with Tom Brady against a 3-2 team?

I know Gilmore is supposed to be amazing and Bademosi is a JAG or w/e but personally, the fact Butler played much better as CB1 combined with a decent performance from Bademosi, combined with the safeties playing better perhaps because they had more confidence in what Butler was doing................. meant that the overall secondary looked pretty good to me this last game without Gilmore. I am sure BB saw the same, told them to keep Gilmore resting, and wants to see more of Bademosi. BB praised Bademosi both postgame and in the radio show as well.

Frankly, I'm not sweating much seeing Gilmore on the sideline. Jones played well too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back