PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Week 7 Early Advanced 'Look-Ahead' Betting Lines: Pats favored by 4 vs Falcons

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
NFL Week 7 Early Advanced 'Look-Ahead' Betting Lines: Pats favored by 4 vs Falcons

John Morgan

Week 7 is highlighted by a rematch of what was possibly the greatest championship game in pro sports history. The Atlanta Falcons will travel to Foxborough to take on the New England Patriots a week from Sunday night. The professional handicappers at the Westgate have listed the defending champs as four point favorites for the moment.

Since home field accounts for about a three point advantage on NFL betting lines, that means the Pats would be considered to be slightly (one point) better than Atlanta on a neutral field. That may come as a bit of a surprise to those who have witnessed the performance of New England’s defense this season. On the other hand the Falcons had issues to deal with as well after losing to Buffalo. In spite of extra time to recuperate after last week’s bye, Atlanta still had nine players on this week’s initial injury report. Wide receiver Mohamed Sanu (hamstring), defensive tackle Courtney Upshaw (ankle/knee), wide receiver Justin Hardy (illness) and kicker Matt Bryant (back) did not participate in practice on Wednesday. Wide receiver Julio Jones (hip) was limited, as was outside linebacker Vic Beasley. Atlanta’s premier pass rusher has missed the last two games with a hamstring strain/tear.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

Man, betting on this game has to be a total guess/shot in the dark. I guess that's what makes it gambling.

Will be a great game. I just hope no injuries. Falcons are a good team. If the Pats beat the Jets and them that will go a long way to assure people the ship has righted itself. They are legit make no mistake.

I think the falcons game is a tough one for the pats unless the defense really starts clicking...

That's amazing. Falcons should be favored by about 10. I'd bet huge money if i could on falcons with 4 points. I think they'll blow them out.

Whatever the over is, take it.

I'll take the points to the bank...

I think that game will show us where we are at compared to facing the Jets, hopefully by then our defense is in sync and Cooks is more in sync, I'm also dying that Dorsett clicks asap if he can him and Cooks will be deadly downfield with Gronk/Dola/Hogan and our backs it could be similar to '07 Patriots/'13 Broncos but Dorsett has to step up

Cooks
Dorsett (Think of him as a 2nd Cooks very similar)
Gronk
Amendola
Hogan
Burkhead (shown he can catch and run)
Allen (If he can sync, perfect I will give him the nickname ("The Alligator")
Our backs
D-Lew
J-Coca
Gillie The Kid
T-Rex
Mitchell (Money Makin Mitch, the real one sorry Bears QB) if he comes back
Honorable mention Slater The Dragon Slayer finally making JmD random deep bomb connection when we need it the most

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Back