Another Ugly Injury Riddled Game For the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score

Ian Logue

New England's bad luck continued on Sunday after several key players got banged up during their win over New Orleans.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

Ian Logue

New England's bad luck continued on Sunday after several key players got banged up during their win over New Orleans.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)
You know going into every season that Gronk, Hightower and Amendola have a less than 50/50 shot to play the whole season. As the coach says, "it is what it is"

Kinda feel like no matter how you prepare and condition yourself, the early season is where the injuries live. There's just too big a transition from practice to live action to avoid some consequences from the abrupt transition.

I wish we ran a bit more to keep our Wrs a bit more protected. Using the pass like the run means the wr, te are getting hit more often the our Rbs. I really thought we might see a more "Indy" like gameplan this week with a lot of power running but it was not the case.

They ran it 31 times to 39 passes. 1 run was to a WR (Dorsett). I have no idea what you expect them to do differently.

Basically reverse those numbers if you look at the Indy games I am referring to

Passing Cmp Att Yds TDs
T. Brady 19 30 257 2
Rushing Car Yds Avg TDs
J. Gray 37 201 5.4 4
J. Edelman 2 31 15.5 0

Basically reverse those numbers if you look at the Indy games I am referring to

Passing Cmp Att Yds TDs
T. Brady 19 30 257 2
Rushing Car Yds Avg TDs
J. Gray 37 201 5.4 4
J. Edelman 2 31 15.5 0

You know that game's from 3 years ago, and there are totally different players on both sides of the ball?

If you're expecting a 40 rush game on Sunday, I think you're going to be disappointed. The Texans strength is their front 7, and their top 2 CBs will be at least hurt, if not out.

LOL.... and if they ran it more and the RB's got hurt you would say they should throw it more

~30 rushes per game is right where they should be

senseless reactionary behavior

LOL.... and if they ran it more and the RB's got hurt you would say they should throw it more

~30 rushes per game is right where they should be

senseless reactionary behavior

Sorry but Im always advocating from more running if you look back at any of my posting history. We have a lot of depth at RB plus they are used to taking more of a beating. We have used that strategy in the past and in discussing this game with another fan this is what we thought we might see this week. More running and more throws to RBs.

Sorry but Im always advocating from more running if you look back at any of my posting history. We have a lot of depth at RB plus they are used to taking more of a beating. We have used that strategy in the past and in discussing this game with another fan this is what we thought we might see this week. More running and more throws to RBs.

It's not....1992....

I don't care what you're advocating for

480-500 (currently pace of 496) is exactly where you want to be for a balanced offense in today's league......in fact, that's on the high side, but it's what has always worked best for the pats

I don't know what's happening at the trainers room up there, but it's not working.

Ugly ? I dunno. Brees was held in check and Brady went off at an epic pace. The injuries are concerning, but "ugly" isn't nearly the term I'd use...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST