PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION NFL Week 18 and Playoff Scenarios

If the Titans lose (and everything else is the same) we would then be the 2 seed

thats correct. I think that scenario drew us indy first though so i was trying to land sd rd 1, probably our best draw there

Give him 3 or 4 years, he’ll get to 4 eventually…

I’m sure that it would make you very happy if it took that long, because you would rather see one of your negative takes come true than see Mac prove you wrong and lead the Pats deep into the playoffs this year or next.

Luckily for the rest of us, you are rarely prescient. I’m keeping receipts of all of your cold takes.

If the Jags beat the Colts, that really opens things up. That gives the Ravens and Steelers a real shot. I think, assuming ties, the Steelers need the Jags to win and they’re in. The Ravens need the Jags and Raiders to win.

Meanwhile, announcers in both CIN-CLE and BAL-PIT games desperately hoping these stinkers end up being competitive late in the game.

JAX with a 20 point lead over IND midway through the 4th suggests someone forgot to tell the JAX coaches that they need to lose to keep the #1 overall position.

Let the "Pittsburgh is the most dangerous team in the playoffs" narrative begin :rolleyes:

How would the Pats losing help the Colts? I'm confused by that one. Can't see the relevance unless it's some sort of weird strength of schedule thing.

How would the Pats losing help the Colts? I'm confused by that one. Can't see the relevance unless it's some sort of weird strength of schedule thing.
I don't think the Pats game matters to Indy. But if Pit-Balt ends in tie, it opens the door for Indy to have hope.

EDIT: It depends on what happens in Baltimore.

Let the "Pittsburgh is the most dangerous team in the playoffs" narrative begin :rolleyes:
They'll get curb stomped by KC

I don't think the Pats game matters to Indy. But if Pit-Balt ends in tie, it opens the door for Indy to have hope.
NFL Redzone have repeated several times that Pats losing somehow gives a backdoor to Indy, even if they lose - which they did. Can't work it out.

NFL Redzone have repeated several times that Pats losing somehow gives a backdoor to Indy, even if they lose - which they did. Can't work it out.
Baltimore + Miami + Oakland wins = Indy in playoffs.
Balt tie + Miami + Oakland wins = Indy in playoffs.

Baltimore + Miami + Oakland wins = Indy in playoffs.
Balt tie + Miami + Oakland wins = Indy in playoffs.
Why does Miami winning help Indy? NE would still have a better record than Indy even if we lost.

With Pittsburgh-Baltimore going to OT and the Colts losing, here's the AFC update:

Ravens need to win, plus losses by the Chargers and Dolphins.

Colts need a Steelers loss, Chargers loss, and Miami win.

Raiders need to either win or tie, or a Steelers loss.

Steelers need a win, plus Chargers-Raiders game to not be a tie.

Chargers are in with a win or tie, eliminated with a loss.

Patriots win AFC East with a win, plus Buffalo loss.

Buffalo gets a home game and division title with a win.

It creates a multi-team tie at 9-8, as Miami would also be 9-8. Different set of tiebreakers.

It creates a multi-team tie at 9-8, as Miami would also be 9-8. Different set of tiebreakers.
Thanks. That explains it.

With Pittsburgh winning it is a whole lot simpler now.

Raiders beat Chargers:
Raiders #6, Steelers #7, Chargers eliminated

Chargers beat Raiders:
Chargers #6, Steelers #7, Raiders eliminated

Chargers tie Raiders:
Chargers #6, Raiders #7, Steelers eliminated

Bills and Patriots are locked into #3 and #5 playoff spots.
Wild Card Team plays at #4 Cincinnati.
Division winner is at home versus either Chargers or Raiders.

In the NFC either the 49ers or Saints are in; the other is eliminated.
New Orleans needs a win, plus SF loss; they would be #7.
If SF wins they are the #6 seed.

With Pittsburgh winning it is a whole lot simpler now.

Raiders beat Chargers:
Raiders #6, Steelers #7, Chargers eliminated
Not if Miami wins. Miami + Las Vegas victories puts Las Vegas at #5 and NE #6 and heading to Buffalo if Buffalo wins, Cincy if Buffalo loses.

Welp, the stage has been set for SD and LV to do one of the biggest scumbag moves in league history and BS their way to a tie lol Won't happen though.

The NFL awarded 3 byes this year: Tennessee, Green Bay and Kansas City.

Much rather play Buffalo than Bengals. Mixon would feast on this defense.

How the Pats passed on Renfrow, should have drafted him instead of both Harry and Slowjuan, he lasted til the 5th round

• Agree
Reactions: TBR

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes