PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION NFL Week 18 and Playoff Scenarios

FWIW, 538 has the super bowl as Packers over Chiefs...with GB having a 27% chance to get to the Super Bowl and the Chiefs 19%.

Now being practiced in front of a mirror: Hello, Antonio, this is Bruce. Me and Tommy were talking about those things I said. I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me...

So the Pats will play Monday night possibly on WC weekend? Totally screws the winner of that game. Short week on the road again?

Will that be BSPN or ABC proper?

So the Pats will play Monday night possibly on WC weekend? Totally screws the winner of that game. Short week on the road again?

Will that be BSPN or ABC proper?
If the home team wins it’ll be a little easier but back to back road games and a short week won’t be fun.

The great thing about this year's AFC playoffs is that the 7th seed is coming out of the AFC West and will likely play KC. Anything could happen in a division game. LAC almost beat KC a month ago and I could see them giving the chiefs a run for their money. Unfortunately, if the Pats are getting to the Super Bowl, they are going to have to go through Tennessee at some point and that means Derrick Henry. We can't stop the run this year and it's going to suck seeing Henry gash us.

Not that there's any chance KC, Tenn and Cinn all lose but it's crazy the Pats still have any shot at the #1 seed. On the flipside Indy winning, Vegas winning and the Pats losing and falling to the 7 seed isn't that far fetched. I think they win, stay the 5 seed and play the Bills.
Flat conference. Makes sense.

they won’t get the 1 but we’ll beat Miami.

The great thing about this year's AFC playoffs is that the 7th seed is coming out of the AFC West and will likely play KC. Anything could happen in a division game. LAC almost beat KC a month ago and I could see them giving the chiefs a run for their money. Unfortunately, if the Pats are getting to the Super Bowl, they are going to have to go through Tennessee at some point and that means Derrick Henry. We can't stop the run this year and it's going to suck seeing Henry gash us.
Yeah I don't see us making the Superbowl this year, but I wouldn't be shocked if we made it. I've said all year long if the team play turnover free, they can definitely beat anybody. But to your point the Titans are flying really under the radar they got the #1 seed with all those injuries and getting their main force back who is pretty much their offense. Titans have beaten the Bills and massacred the Chiefs as well so I don't think any team would want to face off against them. They're my pick to the Superbowl in the AFC side.

Sidenote The titans have some ugli unis. The sword thing is too literal, numbers too thin.

bring the mcnair era ones but a lil fresher

think the new bengals ones.. they’re like what they had prior but not trying too hard with the Tiger stripes and number font.

you can allude to **** and I don’t like that tens is so… aahhh

Vikings another classy example with the stripe and the single motif throughout.

COVID cases spiking in Cincinnati, with Joe Mixon out. If they were to lose to Cleveland, Buffalo passes them in the standings with a win and a matchup of NE and Cincinnati becomes more likely.

Sidenote The titans have some ugli unis. The sword thing is too literal, numbers too thin.
I commented in a thread a while back that their uniform has the worst font in all of pro sports.

COVID cases spiking in Cincinnati, with Joe Mixon out. If they were to lose to Cleveland, Buffalo passes them in the standings with a win and a matchup of NE and Cincinnati becomes more likely.

Looks like the game will be on in the BOS media market as the FOX early game:

In summation, for the BOS market:

NATIONAL BROADCASTS
  • Saturday 4:30 ET: Kansas City @ Denver (ESPN/ABC; Chris Fowler, Kirk Herbstreit)​
  • Saturday 8:15 ET: Dallas @ Philadelphia (ESPN/ABC; Steve Levy, Brian Griese, Louis Riddick)​
  • Sunday Night: LA Chargers @ Las Vegas (NBC)​
FOX EARLY: Cincinnati @ Cleveland, Kenny Albert, Jonathan Vilma​
CBS EARLY: Pittsburgh @ Baltimore, Ian Eagle, Charles Davis​
FOX LATE: San Francisco @ LA Rams, Joe Buck, Troy Aikman​

CBS LATE: New England @ Miami, Spero Dedes, Jay Feely​

Jesus, that's a lot of damn football! Bring it on!

Couldn't be worse than Foreman and Hilliard in the last game going off for 240+...

Couldn't be worse than Foreman and Hilliard in the last game going off for 240+...

I think with Henry we have to respect the run, which I don't think Bill did in the last meeting. We made Tannehill try to beat us in the air and he couldn't do it. This time I can't see Bill letting Henry run lose.

Best news ever about the Bengals. Just gotta hope the Browns don't roll over once again. Bengals likely won't have Burrow and Mixon and their resting other starters. Good way to avoid the Bills and possibly play the Bengals first round. Much rather them over the Bills.

Unless one or both plays in the Saturday slots on WC weekend. It would make sense.
They still get an extra day of rest than their opponent.
The Saturday games should either be the 1 seeds who will
or are in position to have the bye, or teams that are eliminated.
It’s wrong to impact the competitive fairness of a playoff game so more people watch meaningless Saturday games.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back