PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Trade Deadline “Ideas”

I think the trade we should be looking for is a cheap WR or Safety who is more of a STs ace but can add a little depth to either position. A Richards :eek: type.

I support acquiring any player who can help the defense make more plays and stops.

My biggest fear is a AFCCG or the SB and have it being decided by one stinkin' play which superior talent and playmaking ability could have made the difference.

The last thing we want is to turn to a 39 year old LB or a backup CB play 60 snaps in the Super Bowl.
Gerald McCoy has a big number but diminishes next season. Perhaps? We have made deals with Tampa before. Firey Team leader type.
DW Toys

You know, I know, and the American people know, that while we are all hoping for some big name trade, BB is going to bring in some no-name looser that will all have us scratching our heads. And he will make big plays and look like a superstar (for a few weeks/months at least!).

DBs are not the Pats biggest need despite some awful plays. LBs who can cover and possibly DEs who can generate some pressure on QBs

You do realize that the Pats are in the top 5 in terms of generating pressure on the QB, right?

Just because the Cardinals aren't actively shopping Reddick doesn't mean he's not available. It just means that they aren't calling teams to see what the interest is in him.

I get trying to increase their stock of draft picks and their cap space for 2019 in the attempt to build a team around Rosen while he's cheap. But shedding the 28-year-old "Mr. Consistency", Peterson, doesn't seem like the smartest move. His cap hits for the next two seasons are fairly reasonable, relatively speaking.

Reddick is cheap for the next 3 seasons and seems to be working out well now, so I'm not sure I get that move either. If Bucannon doesn't fit their new defensive scheme, I could see trying to move him now for more than the 2020 Comp pick they'd get for him when he walks at the end of this season.

Adding Peterson to the back end with Gilmore would be sweet but like a lot of other wants it is probably only a pipe dream.

While the Pats can make moves to free up some cap space, Peterson's hit for the second half of 2018 would be $5.5M. Might be out of reach without extending Brady and/or Gronk and/or DMac.

Sorry to see Valentine washed out. Guy is a good journeyman but, supply and demand, big DTs are simply not as valuable in a pass first league. Brown and Shelton are average, but one more big guy, if available cheap, could help. Remember, Guy can play a big DE. Need to stick that run defense.

Sorry to see Valentine washed out. Guy is a good journeyman but, supply and demand, big DTs are simply not as valuable in a pass first league. Brown and Shelton are average, but one more big guy, if available cheap, could help. Remember, Guy can play a big DE. Need to stick that run defense.

Any suggestions?

We're robbing the North Koreans blind.
I don't want to think about Roger Goodell with unchecked power. Oh wait, he already has it and uses it to discredit his stars.

The real question is how Kim Jong-un would fair as NFL commish.

Guy has been considerably more productive in NE than he was at any of his previous stops (SDG, IND, BAL).
-- He had a career season in 2017 at DT/DE, with 58 tackles, a sack and 4 QBH. So far this season (6 games), he's had 24 tackles and 4 QBH, playing DT almost exclusively.
-- His 24 tackles ties him with Linval Joseph for 7th among all DL and for 5th among DTs, behind Casey (31), Harrison (28), Clark (27) and Ogunjobi (25).
-- In 43 games with BAL, Guy had 91 tackles, 5.5 sacks and 20 QBH.
-- In 22 games with NE, he has 82 tackles, 1 sack and 8 QBH.

Guy is currently under contract thru 2020 (his age 30 season) at an average annual cap hit of $4.4M ... the 43rd highest paid Interior DL in the league in 2018.

I don't want to think about Roger Goodell with unchecked power. Oh wait, he already has it and uses it to discredit his stars.

The real question is how Kim Jong-un would fair as NFL commish.

Better. Than. Goodell. He never worked for the Jets. ;)

We are OK at DT this year with Guy, Butler, Shelton and Brown. (and Hightower, Van Noy and Roberts at LB). Sure, we could use another inside defender at DT or LB, especially after the loss of Bentley.

Guy has been considerably more productive in NE than he was at any of his previous stops (SDG, IND, BAL).
-- He had a career season in 2017 at DT/DE, with 58 tackles, a sack and 4 QBH. So far this season (6 games), he's had 24 tackles and 4 QBH, playing DT almost exclusively.
-- His 24 tackles ties him with Linval Joseph for 7th among all DL and for 5th among DTs, behind Casey (31), Harrison (28), Clark (27) and Ogunjobi (25).
-- In 43 games with BAL, Guy had 91 tackles, 5.5 sacks and 20 QBH.
-- In 22 games with NE, he has 82 tackles, 1 sack and 8 QBH.

Guy is currently under contract thru 2020 (his age 30 season) at an average annual cap hit of $4.4M ... the 43rd highest paid Interior DL in the league in 2018.

Who is it that keeps blowing plays in the secondary?

Maybe we could get another hall of fame linebacker from pitt

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back