PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

THE official Patriots trade deadline thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointing that no moves were made but the lack of space and high capitol required makes sense why they stood pat.

Disappointing that no moves were made but the lack of space and high capitol required makes sense why they stood pat.
Thats the logical way to look at it.

I was supportive of trading a mid-round pick or even a 2nd or 3rd for the right player but I was not supportive of trading a reasonably high pick for a player who was going to be a FA next year. If such impact player was available and the price was a 2nd, for me the player needed to be under team control for a couple of years.

Thats the logical way to look at it.

I was supportive of trading a mid-round pick or even a 2nd or 3rd for the right player but I was not supportive of trading a reasonably high pick for a player who was going to be a FA next year. If such impact player was available and the price was a 2nd, for me the player needed to be under team control for a couple of years.

The only non-move I was disappointed in was not getting Golden Tate. If he leaves as a FA, you get a 4th round comp pick and that’s worth it for a 3rd.

Last edited:
The only non-move I was disappointed in was not getting Golden Tate. If he leaves as a FA, you get a 4th round comp pick.
Yea. Landing him would have been nice but Philly is doling out a 3rd and paying the remaining $3.7m on his deal. Hes then a FA next year. Clearly too rich for BB and I can understand his thinking behind not giving up more.

The only non-move I was disappointed in was not getting Golden Tate. If he leaves as a FA, you get a 4th round comp pick and that’s worth it for a 3rd.

Yeah but they would’ve taken the philly 3rd over ours by predicting order of finish this season. We would’ve had to offer a 3 plus.

Yeah, what I meant to say is that they, unlike us, had KC number in the past. I was watching parts of that game, Roethlisberger threw for almost 500 yards, but Steelers had to give up on running early since they dig themselves 0-21 hole well before the end of the 1st. In any case, it will be extremely hard for us to go to KC and beat them on their home turf. I was hoping we would go all in this time and acquire either a top-notch WR to try to outscore them, or a very good LB to patch up some of the issues in the middle. Unfortunately, none of that happened.

Yeah I wanted them to make moves at LB, CB, S, or RB. We can score on them on offense. The offense is still very much a work in progress and, health permitting, should be even better at the end of the season. If I could avoid it, I would like for the Pats to NOT have to go to Arrowhead, but it is what it is. They'll have to beat whomever is put in front of them.

What do you think of the NFC teams? I think they're not as strong as we're being led to believe. I'd put KC, NE and Pitt right there with LAR, NO and Car. I also look at the AFCS and NFCE as the Little Sisters of the Poor divisions.

Personally I think NO is the strongest team in the NFC. But we will see about that this weekend.

If he leaves as a FA, you get a 4th round comp pick and that’s worth it for a 3rd.

None of this is guaranteed.

The FA plans of the team might make any comp pick considerations void. People love to point to comp picks but forget that banking on them as part of the transaction limits your flexibility in the offseason.

Someone correct me if I have the timeline wrong but the comp picks we could have gotten for Chandler Jones or Jamie Collins that are being brought up often would have been gone when we signed Gilmore (obviously not both, but one of the two would be gone).

The problem with acquiring Tate is that he'd be redundant. He's Edelman 2.0. He would have been the guy if Edelman had been injured long term. But, while he's a good player, what role would he play in THIS offense.

• Agree
Reactions: jah
How can you be in two places at once when you're not anywhere at all?..."Antelope Freeway 1/256 mile.....Shadow Valley Condos...if you lived here you'd be home by now..."
Shoes for industry, shoes for the dead....don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers!

[duplicate post deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back