PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Official 2023 Free Agency Thread

I found this tweet. If the account is who they say they are it’s a former player. Could have had the same agent as DH. Possibly knows something. Or not. Who knows.

Not sure if that is the actual player or not, but it's all based on a suggested trade by some tertiary website that has zero cred from what I've found.

BTW, Akbar is the lesser known, much lesser skilled brother of Packers Great Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila (KGB).

Not sure if that is the actual player or not, but it's all based on a suggested trade by some tertiary website that has zero cred from what I've found.

BTW, Akbar is the lesser known, much lesser skilled brother of Packers Great Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila (KGB).

DaBruinz, may I have permission to steal this line whenever I refer to my younger brother? It's a classic! :rofl: :rofl:

I remember he was a binky to so many people back in the 2019 draft. I’m still convinced the dumbass Kliff ruined his career.

NE (or some team) should kick the tires on him this summer.

I remember he was a binky to so many people back in the 2019 draft. I’m still convinced the dumbass Kliff ruined his career.

NE (or some team) should kick the tires on him this summer.

I was thinking the same watching that game.

I also think Mac would thrive in that league.
I found myself wondering how much better is he really than AJ Macarron.

Hopkins trade talks reportedly heating up … After the Aaron Rodgers trade to the NY Jets was finally consummated yesterday, the next veteran domino to fall could be Arizona WR DeAngelo Hopkins. There are reports out of the desert that in fact talks regarding Hopkins have started to heat up with Baltimore, Buffalo and the NY Giants the three teams most often mentioned as likely landing spots. There are also reports that as part of the compensation, the Cardinals would like to flip their second round pick, #34, for a first rounder. For the record, the Ravens currently have the 22nd pick, while Giants picks 25th and the Bills have #27. It will likely also cost the trading team at least a 4th round pick to complete the deal. The big stumbling block here is that each of those teams want the Cardinals to eat some of Hopkins salary – he’s due $19M this season for example – and it may come down to which of those teams is willing to take on the biggest share of Hopkins’ cap hit. Stay tuned!

Let's hope Buffalo gets out bid for his services.

Let's hope Buffalo gets out bid for his services.

Buffalo would have to do some serious finagling with the Cap for them to fit him under unless AZ took the cap hit the way GB did with Rodgers.

This isn't free agency but I don't see a draft rumors thread either and this has been mostly an offseason thread overall.

From the Albert Breer article that just came out https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/04/27/2023-nfl-draft-latest-rumors-notes-first-round
And, to me, what best defines this draft class is what’s happening with the teams between 10 and 14—in order, the Eagles, Titans, Texans, Packers and Patriots. I’m told all five of those teams have been making calls to teams above them about trading up and down. And it’s no coincidence that, in a year when everyone seems to be looking to trade down, it’s the group in that alley of picks that are looking both ways at this intersection of the draft
Then, you consider New England, and if the tackles they like are gone, do they go best player (I’ve heard the Patriots connected to edge defenders Lukas Van Ness and Nolan Smith) at a position that’s not necessarily a need spot? Or trade down?

I really hope the Pats are able to trade up to the 8-12 range or move back to 17-22. Depending on how many QBs are taken the Pats could get the last of the top tier players or be just outside that group.

This isn't free agency but I don't see a draft rumors thread either and this has been mostly an offseason thread overall.

From the Albert Breer article that just came out https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/04/27/2023-nfl-draft-latest-rumors-notes-first-round

I really hope the Pats are able to trade up to the 8-12 range or move back to 17-22. Depending on how many QBs are taken the Pats could get the last of the top tier players or be just outside that group.

If all of Paris Johnson, Broderick Jones, Witherspoon, Gonzales & JSN are taken ahead of us, then I see no reason to stay at 14. Time to try to rape a team instead, especially if there's a QB still available...

BTW, I copied & pasted your post & link to the Pre-draft from KC thread; I thought it would be appropriate there if you don't mind.

I hope we have capable back-up in the wings with Mills known Hammy Issues.

In-house: Shaun Wade should be given a Legit chance at FS, because he'll never make a living in the NFL at CB;

Out-house: old (32) friends Duron Harmon & Logan Ryan are still available, as is BC alum ('17) Johnny Johnson...

In-house: Shaun Wade should be given a Legit chance at FS, because he'll never make a living in the NFL at CB;

Out-house: old (32) friends Duron Harmon & Logan Ryan are still available, as is BC alum ('17) Johnny Johnson...
I'd rather try Harmon in camp at free safety rather than Wade.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back