PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mortensen Finally Admits Rush to Publish Deflategate Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
In related lies being spread (non hatergate related though), we have Anthony Barr basically calling Aaron Rodgers a liar (which I believe is the case based on ARod's tendency for condescending and often sarcastic responses).

Anthony Barr: Aaron Rodgers spewed F-bombs at me

"To recap, since I completely whiffed on the fabrications leading to Deflategate, neither the Ravens nor the Colts made the playoffs, the Commissioner inspired a line of clown apparel, and the Patriots won two Super Bowls. Your thoughts, Roger?"
828829811.jpg

Last edited:
Don’t think you’re on your own in this thread, but personally I find the above extremely distasteful and certainly don’t think it’s at all representative of what the majority on this message board would think. I’d hope so anyway.

You're taking the high road. I don't have that in me to do that. I won't wish death on him but I couldn't care less if he dies. He's a worthless POS in my mind. He had no problem riding the wave that was trying to destroy an innocent man's legacy. F**k him. He pretends to be some kind of religious pillar and he ****s on the exact foundation that a religion is supposedly built upon which is the truth.

Remember this isn't just about some rich football guy getting shafted. It's about the federal court of appeals confirming the arbitrator's powers to be the judge, jury and executioner. That hurt the blue collar guy. He didn't care about **** except elevating his career. So F**k him.

I see nothing wrong with Capt Stone's post.

I understand we have a good number of GOOD people, good human beings, who use this forum. The basic problem is they are using THEIR filter, their actual goodness to navigate this entire sordid mess. In my opinion,THIS is a mistake.

One must get outside of one's own life paradigms and take a cold calculated look at all this to SEE that the people involved are COMPLETE AND UTTER SCUM! Mort is an egotistical, narcissistic pi$$boy marching to the commands of the pathologically LYING Roger Goodell. How many times do the same LIES have to be shown to you people? Good people do NOT lie like these cretins. Good people do NOT create cabals to denigrate and attempt to destroy INNOCENT UPSTANDING HUMAN BEINGS!!!

Jeezus krist wake the **** up...Article 46? How the hell did THAT end up the topper on this shytburger? Goodell changed the company line again and again and again, changing the narratives weekly and YOU ALL WITNESSED IT!!! He is a rotten lying weasel SCUMBAG. Mort and the others are his willing catspaws. Mort is a goddamned LIAR with this latest mea culpa of his blabbered all over the media and WE ALL KNOW THIS!!!! It's been testified to and VERIFIED!!! What goddamned 11 balls? What goddamned 2 pounds!!! It is complete and utter IDIOCY!!!
"The phone!! Brady's phone proves it!!!~"...this has been shown to be a complete red herring prevarication. The Wells "report" has been eviscerated. Everything that was presented at the genesis of this "gate" has been rebuked, refuted and debunked...and yet you all want ME to give poor iddle widdle Mort a break? WHAT THE **** FOR??? He's a rat bastard lying kokk$sucker opportunist that's ended up with the shyt end of the stick. Tough ****in' shyt, azzole.

What bothered me a lot more than this were the dozens and dozens of sports reporters and other reporters having a lot to say after the Wells report came out when they clearly did not read past the summary.

Very few noticed that there were only a few tenths of a psi unaccounted for and that was only if using the gauge the ref said he did not use. That the balls were perfectly in line with the guage the ref did use.

Very few noticed (or cared) that none of the text messages Wells used in the summary came from conversations that had anything to do with a ball deflating scheme.

Virtually no reporters reported that Jastremski explicitly stated the Patriots policy on ball pressure in multiple texts and pointed out that Brady had no idea what the rules were or what his team's practices were until an October game six months after the "deflator" comment.

Mortensen was a useful idiot who rushed to get a story out. The rest of the failures by the media was a much larger problem. They spent a lot of time reporting on it, but couldn't be bothered to read the whole report and take the time to properly analyze it.

Here's the alphabetical list...

Troy Aikman
Skip Bayless
Jerome Bettis
Kevin Blackstone
Ron Borges
Bert Breer
Mark Brunell
Chris Carter
Ryan Clark
Chris Collinsworth
Colin Cowherd
Brian Dawkins
Neil DeGrasse-Tyson
Greg Doyel
Rich Eisen
Marshall Faulk
Mike Felger
Mike Florio
Bob George
Bob Glauber
Jay Glazer
Mike Golic
Roger Goodell
Mike Greenberg
Ryan Grigson
Charles Haley
Tim Hasslebeck
Bart Hubbuch
Jim Irsay
Tom Jackson
Ted Johnson
Bomani Jones
Dan Kannell
Naqi Kelly
Peter King
Bob Kravitz
Matt Lauer
Ronnie Lott
Jackie MacMullen
George Martin
Tony Mazzerotti
Donovan McNabb
Al Michaels
Kurt Minihane
Joe Montana
Chris Mortensen
Bill Nye
Ian O'Connor
Rosie O'Donnell
Jason Page
Woody Paige
Bill Plaschke
Bill Polian
Jerry Rice
Al Roker
Bob Ryan
Shannon Sharpe
Don Shula
Chris Simms
Phil Simms
Stephen A Smith
Gary Tanguay
John Tomase
Mike Tomlin
Brian Urlacher
Ben Volin
Hines Ward
Kurt Warner
Mike Whilbon

I understand we have a good number of GOOD people, good human beings, who use this forum. The basic problem is they are using THEIR filter, their actual goodness to navigate this entire sordid mess. In my opinion,THIS is a mistake.

One must get outside of one's own life paradigms and take a cold calculated look at all this to SEE that the people involved are COMPLETE AND UTTER SCUM! Mort is an egotistical, narcissistic pi$$boy marching to the commands of the pathologically LYING Roger Goodell. How many times do the same LIES have to be shown to you people? Good people do NOT lie like these cretins. Good people do NOT create cabals to denigrate and attempt to destroy INNOCENT UPSTANDING HUMAN BEINGS!!!

Jeezus krist wake the **** up...Article 46? How the hell did THAT end up the topper on this shytburger? Goodell changed the company line again and again and again, changing the narratives weekly and YOU ALL WITNESSED IT!!! He is a rotten lying weasel SCUMBAG. Mort and the others are his willing catspaws. Mort is a goddamned LIAR with this latest mea culpa of his blabbered all over the media and WE ALL KNOW THIS!!!! It's been testified to and VERIFIED!!! What goddamned 11 balls? What goddamned 2 pounds!!! It is complete and utter IDIOCY!!!
"The phone!! Brady's phone proves it!!!~"...this has been shown to be a complete red herring prevarication. The Wells "report" has been eviscerated. Everything that was presented at the genesis of this "gate" has been rebuked, refuted and debunked...and yet you all want ME to give poor iddle widdle Mort a break? WHAT THE **** FOR??? He's a rat bastard lying kokk$sucker opportunist that's ended up with the shyt end of the stick. Tough ****in' shyt, azzole.

Every once in a while I come across a post that I want to copy, put in a nice frame and hang on a wall where everyone can see it. That is one of those. Thanks @Joker .

The Pats fans who bother me are those who will start a "gate" talk and begin a defense with, "even if the Pats did it." Those are the fans who really need to wake up.

"I don’t care if you Aaron Rodgers or Mr. Rodgers.." haha

I agree with Rogers. The guy definitely intended to take Rodgers out. It's the same move that Alonzo used on Garoppolo. To me that's a cheap play.

I agree with Rogers. The guy definitely intended to take Rodgers out. It's the same move that Alonzo used on Garoppolo. To me that's a cheap play.

Stop scrambling 5 or 6 seconds per snap or getting rid of the ball earlier wouldn't hurt.

That's been as close to certain as anything can be since shortly after the story (and I do mean "story") broke. But until Mortensen or Kensil confirms it or until some incriminating evidence like a text or email surfaces, it will remain unproven.

The "Grigson to Kensil to Mortensen" chain after Harbaugh cried about the Patriots' "trickery" in the Division Game (and after Brady told him to "read the rule book" :cool: ) is also as close to certain as one can get without any of the principals confessing. Pagano's involvement is murkier, but someone had to put one of his players up to saying that the ball he intercepted "seemed a little soft."

I think a "real journalist" like Sally Jenkins of the Washington Post, who, unlike our own CHB, never bought the steaming pile of horse **** Goodell was selling, could break the true story some day; I get the impression that she hasn't yet let go of it. Gary Myers of the New York Daily News, despite his dislike of Belichick, has never let go of the story either because of his admiration for Brady.

Seriously, even five years later there will be a Pulitzer in it for the journalist who gets the evidence to nail them all.

There's more solid evidence of the Grigson-Kensil-Mortensen connection than there was against Brady and that's without any reporter citing "anonymous sources" to confirm it.

The alleged Ravens-Colts connection is also interesting, if someone would dig into it. If I remember my Wells Report correctly, the Colts equipment guy claimed someone from the Ravens called him to be on alert for any shenanigans with the footballs. Harbaugh claimed this was totally untrue, so one side must be lying.

If it's the Colts, then that means their whole basis for being suspicious of the Patriots is non-existent. If there was no warning from Baltimore, all they have is their "everybody knows the Patriots tamper with footballs" claim, which they basically made up. They couldn't remember who told them that or when they heard it and Wells didn't find anyone to support that claim.

If Harbaugh is lying and his team really did contact the Colts, then it just reinforces what a low character weasel Harbaugh is. His team wouldn't even face any heat if the story was true and he still lied about it.

A frustrating point is that, if the Ravens were suspicious about footballs after the 2014 divisional game, it was because a league employee was stealing them to sell online. The NFL knew about this, but still let the guy work playoff games before finally firing him. If the league didn't look the other way at this theft, then maybe there's no reason for Baltimore to ever be suspicious and no reason to call the Colts, if they did.

Pagano's involvement is murkier, but someone had to put one of his players up to saying that the ball he intercepted "seemed a little soft."

That's another story that could use some scrutiny. Jackson from the Colts said he never told anyone the football he intercepts felt "soft" If that's true, who made up that story and why? According to one article, the Colts equipment guy says Jackson told him and that got the ball rolling for him to tell Grigson, who told the Vincent and then the sting went into effect.

If the equipment guy was lying about that, lying about alerted by the Ravens, and lying about the Patriots tampering being well known, how does he have any credibility? And who put him up to all this? It seems unbelievable that an equipment guy could concoct this entire scheme and get everyone to go along with it all by himself. It makes a lot more sense that Grigson and Irsay were involved.

Peter King deserves as much wrath as Mort. I literally have not watched a talkimg heads NFL show simce deflategate. I noticed that Peter King had some kind of segment anout Brady on YouTube the other day so I bit. He tells people, don’t hate Brady because he ‘s 40 (like anyone hated him for being 40); if you have a problem with his air pressure in footballs, that ‘s fair to question him. This is 2.5 years later. This ass clown is still bringing it up like it ‘s fact. He ‘s a dumb f *ck. Can’t believe Tom gave him his post SB51 interview.

That air pressure comment from King shows what a disingenuous fraud he is. He went from fully believing the deflategate story to saying that Brady was railroaded. He doesn't want to upset the plentiful Patriots haters out there, though, so he still claims there was some issue with the PSI of the Patriots footballs. He's too much of a coward and league stooge to take a stand one way or another.

There's more solid evidence of the Grigson-Kensil-Mortensen connection than there was against Brady and that's without any reporter citing "anonymous sources" to confirm it.

The alleged Ravens-Colts connection is also interesting, if someone would dig into it. If I remember my Wells Report correctly, the Colts equipment guy claimed someone from the Ravens called him to be on alert for any shenanigans with the footballs. Harbaugh claimed this was totally untrue, so one side must be lying.

If it's the Colts, then that means their whole basis for being suspicious of the Patriots is non-existent. If there was no warning from Baltimore, all they have is their "everybody knows the Patriots tamper with footballs" claim, which they basically made up. They couldn't remember who told them that or when they heard it and Wells didn't find anyone to support that claim.

If Harbaugh is lying and his team really did contact the Colts, then it just reinforces what a low character weasel Harbaugh is. His team wouldn't even face any heat if the story was true and he still lied about it.

A frustrating point is that, if the Ravens were suspicious about footballs after the 2014 divisional game, it was because a league employee was stealing them to sell online. The NFL knew about this, but still let the guy work playoff games before finally firing him. If the league didn't look the other way at this theft, then maybe there's no reason for Baltimore to ever be suspicious and no reason to call the Colts, if they did.

That's another story that could use some scrutiny. Jackson from the Colts said he never told anyone the football he intercepts felt "soft" If that's true, who made up that story and why? According to one article, the Colts equipment guy says Jackson told him and that got the ball rolling for him to tell Grigson, who told the Vincent and then the sting went into effect.

If the equipment guy was lying about that, lying about alerted by the Ravens, and lying about the Patriots tampering being well known, how does he have any credibility? And who put him up to all this? It seems unbelievable that an equipment guy could concoct this entire scheme and get everyone to go along with it all by himself. It makes a lot more sense that Grigson and Irsay were involved.
There are definitely enough loose threads here that untangling just one could get the whole mess to unravel. We only need one John Dean or Deep Throat and everybody else will throw everyone else under the bus in order to protect themselves.
Kensil was seriously demoted but kept his salary.
Harbaugh and Pagano still have their jobs.
Grigson is still employed in the NFL.
Mortensen is showing signs of remorse, but is still protecting his source...however, his cancer has apparently metastasized and who knows what the financial motivation of a bombshell book or article might mean for him.
At some point, somebody will feel betrayed enough to turn on the others...or, if unemployed, perhaps realize how large a book advance they could get if they can deliver proof of a conspiracy. Better to be paid for telling the truth than forced into it by Sally Jenkins or Gary Myers.

Mort was clearly used and lied to by the NFL, it's sad that the NFL would hang an old reporter to dry like that and feed him lies but that shows what a monster you're fighting against with the NFL.

If Mort was "used and lied to by the NFL," then he willingly and gleefully chose to be used, and didn't care if he was lied-to or not.

See you in hell, Mortie.

This is really where it starts. The Raven think the Patriots messed with the Raven K ball when it was an NFL guy stealing it. They tell the Colts who measure the Patriots Football which they do 3x and each time the ball is well within the limits that the temp drop accounts for.

F Mort, he is a POS

Last edited:
Mort was the league's useful idiot
A most willing accomplice
Who chose "access" over accuracy
Sad thing is, there's countless more people just like him willing to make the same trade off, and once they decide to make that choice they can't do a mea culpa without admitting they've been on the take all along, so it will never happen.
I have a degree in communications that I don’t even use because I was disgusted by the total lack of ethics and journalistic integrity that I witnessed when I got into the field. I went back to school and studied business instead.
Out of the pan, into the fire. I suggest a more honest profession, such as prostitution! :D

Kevin Spacey thinks Mort's mea cupla is bad!

The fact that Mort was lied to and used by the league to spread misinformation is unquestioned. My issues is that once it became clear that he had been lied to and used by the league, instead of coming forward and saying that, and even naming who (or at the very least what organization) lied to him. He remained silent and kept his tweet up.

So screw you Mort! Take a seat next to Tomase!

I wish he would find that cliff and jump off it into a bunch of alligators.

There's a blue room in he'll for Mo4th. Hopefully ill live ling enough to Finnish my garbage sculpture of brunell.

Last edited:
He should, but he never will. Mortensen didn't make up the "2 PSI under" story, he was just a pawn used to get the story out to a wide audience. As an NFL Insider at ESPN, he was well suited for that role.

When he found out that he had been used to spread a lie as part of smear campaign, he could have blown the whistle on his sources. Instead, we've learned that Mortensen is fine being a pawn as long as he still has his access and his "insider" status. The fallout of his actions isn't his concern. He mentions how, in the old days, he would taken a few more days to work on the story, but there was a rush to get it out there. He never explains why there was a rush in this case, the same way he never asked why the NFL wanted to plant a false story.

The last paragraph in that story shows me Mortensen will never get it:

No it wasn't, you dummy! There were only 11 footballs to measure. Blount had thrown one into the crowd. "11 out 12" implies 12 footballs were measured, 11 of them were below the minimum PSI and the 12th was fine. That wasn't the case, just like they weren't 2 PSI under the limit, either. The line Mortensen was fed, the thing he is now most known for, was false. That's a story he should write about, but it might cause his NFL sources to dry up, so it's easier to pretend it was true.
Like BSPN, Mort is simply too stupid, too ignorant and too full of himself to allow anything to do with reality, objectivity and fairness interfere with his (their) little fantasy world in which the Patriots are eternally unworthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST