PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mortensen Finally Admits Rush to Publish Deflategate Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Come on help the deflator”

The team’s explanation about weight loss was dumb. They should have just said he called himself that in ONE text in May and it doesn’t prove a thing about his job description. Or just left alone. And nobody else called him that.

If it was his job description then he would be called “the fixer” or something.

The team’s explanation about weight loss was dumb. They should have just said he called himself that in ONE text in May and it doesn’t prove a thing about his job description. Or just left alone. And nobody else called him that.

You should spend a little time reading about topics you're clueless about before commenting.

Start with PV=nRT for dummies. And QBing 101.

You should spend a little time reading about topics you're clueless about before commenting.

Start with PV=nRT for dummies. And QBing 101.

How about my ignore list for dummies. Bye now. :D

How about my ignore list for dummies. Bye now. :D

Unfortunately that still means I'll be able to read your gutless posts.

It's hard to feel anything for this guy after the way he dogged the Pats and Brady. He's not the only one though, this kind of anonymous sourced garbage is rampant everywhere. Should have to disclose sources.

The birth of fake news...well maybe just lifting the veil because it's existed a loooong time.

The birth of fake news...well maybe just lifting the veil because it's existed a loooong time.

Tomase was the birth of fake news. At least in sports

After years of thinking about this, my best guess is that “deflate” and “deflator” in those texts (shows up at least twice) means “take a dump”.

Not even joking!

So Mortensen finally admitted he is the very definition of "very fake news"...typical media dirt bag...in Shakespeare's Henry VI appears the line "the first thing, let's kill all the lawyers"....I can think of a very FAKE profession with which to replace the word "lawyers"....

This thread is three years old.

Why didn't Kensil receive any death threats? Are there no Pats fans in NY? F'n aHole. Mort will never give up his sources publicly. The Kensil one we knew for years now. The league should've investigated the false leaks but they succumbed to the pressure from owners to let false reporting stay out in the public when they knew different.

Why didn't Kensil receive any death threats? Are there no Pats fans in NY? F'n aHole. Mort will never give up his sources publicly. The Kensil one we knew for years now. The league should've investigated the false leaks but they succumbed to the pressure from owners to let false reporting stay out in the public when they knew different.

I still wonder what Florio’s motivation was for sticking up for Brady and the Pats here. Obviously it’s great that he was. But we all know is neither pro nor anti Patriots and he just says things on his site to get clicks. He also has a national platform on SNF. He could have joined the Patriot hating parade knowing it would be a big draw to his site but he did the opposite. Maybe he just thought it was an interesting case who knows.

Deflategate was the single biggest steaming pile of bull$hit in the history of organized sports.........

Still (bleep)ing (bleep)es me off.....(bleep) those mother(bleep)ers!

I read somewhere that they felt the BS witch hunt that was Deflategate to will not age well.
It may have even been a BSPN article.

Just a bunch of entitled trustfund babies that mailed it in during science classes.
They then had to double down on their stupidity and hire Wells/Exponent, shills for corporations like big tobacco and major car manufacturers, asbestos issues....but we all know that.

Found it:
What really happened during Deflategate? Five years later, the NFL's 'scandal' aged poorly
This is why on other subjects like climate and vaccines I look into the subject myself while zombies smugly claim "it's science." No, it's science for hire. If tobacco companies, and other corporations can hire scientists to push their agenda, that goes for big pharma and those with authoritarian agendas.

Deflategate was the single biggest steaming pile of bull$hit in the history of organized sports.........

Still (bleep)ing (bleep)es me off.....(bleep) those mother(bleep)ers!
"But, but, it's science!"

I still wonder what Florio’s motivation was for sticking up for Brady and the Pats here. Obviously it’s great that he was. But we all know is neither pro nor anti Patriots and he just says things on his site to get clicks. He also has a national platform on SNF. He could have joined the Patriot hating parade knowing it would be a big draw to his site but he did the opposite. Maybe he just thought it was an interesting case who knows.
I think it was even too much for Florio. The real story wasn’t about deflated balls, but the extraordinary efforts the league took to “prove” that there was something nefarious going on. That’s why he took the Pats’ side, because anyone that was paying attention saw what bs the league was desperately trying to push.

The desire to be logical by definition is driven by intellect. It is logical that emotional reasoning is a shortcoming.

I actually have no emotion regarding my opinion, besides the fact I have no control over the outcome. I’ll have emotion once the decision is made

No one is devoid of emotion. But emotion or feelings should never be valued over intellectual reasoning in forming an opinion. That is why I always lower my voice when in a discussion where the other person is raising theirs.

Bringing back Chris mortenson and deflate gate. Things haven’t been sh**ty enough lately i guess!

Never a bad time to remind everyone how much of a weasel Mortensen is and always has been.

Here he is at Colts headquarters during the 1994 Draft, giggling (while Colts GM Bill Tobin is out of the room) as Mel Kiper trashes the team on live television, and later stumbling over his words when Tobin enters for an interview and doesn't agree with Mortensen's wisecrack. The man has no balls or integrity.

Giggles at 4:28
Craps himself at 5:00

Last edited:

Six months later, Jastremski clearly stated their policy about ball pressure and that the balls should be about 13.0 when the refs accidentally overinflated them.

Clearly there was no ball deflating scheme when McNally called himself that. He was likely telling the truth. That sounds weird to most people, but using terms related to ball preparation as slang for two guys who prepare footballs for a living isn’t weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST