PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Reiss speculates brown and Roberts for golden tate

Status
Not open for further replies.
When is the last time the Pats made a trade that anyone here saw coming???

((crickets))

Let alone the media suggested. I think BB wouldn't make this trade just out of pure spite of the media.

I say shoot for the moon, and ask Atlanta for Julio Jones, they are obviously under utilizing him, and they just drafted Ridley. I'm sure a 5th round pick should do the trick;).
This would be my reaction if we got Julio...JQw5TgG.png

When is the last time the Pats made a trade that anyone here saw coming???

((crickets))

Let alone the media suggested. I think BB wouldn't make this trade just out of pure spite of the media.

I say shoot for the moon, and ask Atlanta for Julio Jones, they are obviously under utilizing him, and they just drafted Ridley. I'm sure a 5th round pick should do the trick;).

The acquisition of Brandin Cooks. That was leaked in the media, one of the few times I ever remember that happening. The trade to the Rams wasn't.

How about Roberts, Richards, Grissom, Valentine, Gillislee, Allen, Croston & Ferentz in exchange for Tate, TE Michael Roberts, LG/LT Joe Dahl, SS Miles Killebrew & DT Sly Williams?

The Lions would do that, right?

the pats add hoyer and the lions add cassell and it's a deal

Eh, I like Reiss. People just need to realize when he makes comments particularly preceded by “as a fantasy gm I think” he’s just like a poster saying what they would do, and not act as if he is passing along a rumor.
At least Reiss has the integrity to make that distinction. Most of the rest of those mutts would think the same thing but only mutter the disclaimer under their breath and hope that six retweets from then, it would be passed around as if it were fact....with their by lines of course. :rolleyes: This kind of thinking leaks down to the fans and is the principle reason why no WR can ever be released in this league without getting their own thread here. ;)

Now I should point out that I think Golden Tate would be a big upgrade to the receiving corps and I think he's a top 20 WR in this league, maybe even top 15. However the problem with this trade is that it equates the value of a solid starting DT with a solid starting WR. Despite what the WR worshiping media would like you to believe, it is MUCH tougher to find a solid DT than a solid WR.

Granted it is nice to have one, but this passing offense is not predicated on having an elite WR in the mix to make it go. Quite the reverse. Let us not forget that the Pats have succeeded quite well without an elite WR for all but 2 years of this current run

At least Reiss has the integrity to make that distinction. Most of the rest of those mutts would think the same thing but only mutter the disclaimer under their breath and hope that six retweets from then, it would be passed around as if it were fact....with their by lines of course. :rolleyes: This kind of thinking leaks down to the fans and is the principle reason why no WR can ever be released in this league without getting their own thread here. ;)

Now I should point out that I think Golden Tate would be a big upgrade to the receiving corps and I think he's a top 20 WR in this league, maybe even top 15. However the problem with this trade is that it equates the value of a solid starting DT with a solid starting WR. Despite what the WR worshiping media would like you to believe, it is MUCH tougher to find a solid DT than a solid WR.

Granted it is nice to have one, but this passing offense is not predicated on having an elite WR in the mix to make it go. Quite the reverse. Let us not forget that the Pats have succeeded quite well without an elite WR for all but 2 years of this current run
I would rather just give up a draft pick or two

Mike Reiss speculating that the Pats could trade Malcom Brown and Elandon Roberts to the Lions for Golden Tate.

I'm not sure about this. We need a WR, but Tate has a 9.3 mil cap hit, last year of his contract, and he is 30. Would you make this trade?

Yardbarker

He is a really good receiver. That said, there are several questions I have about weather or not we could just get someone from the practice squad somewhere. Also, they’d have to be willing to take Jordan richards

He is a really good receiver. That said, there are several questions I have about weather or not we could just get someone from the practice squad somewhere. Also, they’d have to be willing to take Jordan richards

I like your Post up until the Jordan Richards part now you're pushing it.:D

DT without brown is a bigger need than we without Tate

Disagree, Brown is a decent player but their DL is in good shape even without him. Tate is a 90 + REC a season WR who would give Brady the first down machine he needs to keep the offense in the field

I almost always believe in prioritizing DL over WR but I believe this is an exception, and a good deal for both teams.

Disagree, Brown is a decent player but their DL is in good shape even without him. Tate is a 90 + REC a season WR who would give Brady the first down machine he needs to keep the offense in the field

I almost always believe in prioritizing DL over WR but I believe this is an exception, and a good deal for both teams.
Who is playing DT in first and second down without brown, next to Shelton? We have no one who is even average.

Brady will make the offense great no matter who is throwing to. We have no one who can cover up a DT weakness in nickel base.

Thats not Al Davis in Detroit.
Bill should treat this like 07 and give Brady more weapons.
It’s the New England Patriots not the New England wide receivers.
Wide receiver may in fact be the least important position on this team.

It’s the New England Patriots not the New England wide receivers.
Wide receiver may in fact be the least important position on this team.
1516721313035.gif

I think Belichick would say their isn't one positon of more or less importance than another.
He's all about being balanced and having no weakness on any part of the field.
Saying our runningbacks and Tightends are such good weapons in the passing game therefore receiver is of less importance.
I would have to disagree with this conjecture.
I'd rather not have a weakness for a defense to Tee off on.

I think Belichick would say their isn't one positon of more or less importance than another.
He doesn’t say that with his draft picks or his cap Checkbook.

He's all about being balanced and having no weakness on any part of the field.
Saying our runningbacks and Tightends are such good weapons in the passing game therefore receiver is of less importance.
I would have to disagree with this conjecture.
I'd rather not have a weakness for a defense to Tee off on.
No WR is the least important because Tom Brady makes whatever you give him effective.
Therefore weakness at WR does not translate to weakness in the passing game.

No WR is the least important because Tom Brady makes whatever you give him effective.

No. I am sure Brady wants to work with some guys that make his life easier. He doesn’t have to fit the balls in as much especially at his age now

One injury to Edelman or Hogan and it’s going to be bad. Last year we overcame the injury to Edelman because we had Cooks. WR in this offense is not plug and play. You need someone intelligent enough to grasp the EP offense. I agree trading Brown may not be the smartest thing, but to say WR is the least need is completely false.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back