PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Reiss speculates brown and Roberts for golden tate

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect nothing. Our defense will have to step it up the first 4 games of the season.

That seems like a stretch to me. Three weeks after the draft, on May 16, the problem seemed to be that they had too many wide receivers competing for the top few spots. It sounds like they were ready to cut Dorsett then if he didn’t take a pay cut, because he wasn’t projected to be a top 4 WR at the time. I’m not sure how it’s reasonable to expect somebody to predict what happened after that (other than Mitchell), much less everything that happened combined.

I hear you. Speaking with hindsight is always easier and I actually posted here at some point that there was a logjam at WR. Anyway having a young receiver in a cost controlled contract for 4 years wasn't a bad idea, all these other guys were under short contracts, Dorsett 5th year option was already declined.

I wanted them to take Christian Kirk in the 2nd round (who apparently is doing very well) , instead they opted for another short sized not very versatile DB. The kid is good but the pick is questionable.

Money and a need at DT. But this is very much a hypothetical by Reiss based on those two needs on each team.

Yeah, looking at their depth chart, Detroit doesn't appear to have much at DT. They have about the same amount of cap space as the Pats do (~$10M).

Reiss is obviously getting a lot of questions about the Pats WR situation from his readership, mostly related to Dez and Thomas. I think that to some degree, he's merely responding to audience concerns and floating alternatives that might be more realistic (he made some other suggestions in a column this morning).

I expect nothing. Our defense will have to step it up the first 4 games of the season.

Of their first 4 opponents, Houston and Jax are the most difficult, obviously. They get to play Houston with Deshaun Watson coming back from a knee injury. He won’t run around as much as he used to, but he’s still deadly in the pocket. And of course, Jax has Blake Bortels. All things considered, I believe the defense can contain both QBs.

Last edited:
What year is This? Golden Tate peaked many years ago. No thank you

BB has been on the phone with teams...

Why do Lions want to get rid of their most dangerous weapon? Obviously they have got gaps in DL but fixing one problem through creating another does not make a sense.

What no receivers available that work at Popeyes?

What year is This? Golden Tate peaked many years ago. No thank you

2014: 99/144 ... 1,331 yds ... 13.4 ypc ... 69% catch rate ... 4 TDs
2015: 90/128 .... 813 yds ..... 9.0 ypc ... 70% catch rate ... 6 TDs
2016: 91/135 ... 1,077 yds ... 11.8 ypc ... 67% catch rate ... 4 TDs
Last season:
........ 92/120 ... 1,003 yds ... 10.9 ypc ... 77% catch rate ... 5 TDs

When is the last time the Pats made a trade that anyone here saw coming???

((crickets))

Let alone the media suggested. I think BB wouldn't make this trade just out of pure spite of the media.

I say shoot for the moon, and ask Atlanta for Julio Jones, they are obviously under utilizing him, and they just drafted Ridley. I'm sure a 5th round pick should do the trick;).

When is the last time the Pats made a trade that anyone here saw coming???

((crickets))

Let alone the media suggested. I think BB wouldn't make this trade just out of pure spite of the media.

I say shoot for the moon, and ask Atlanta for Julio Jones, they are obviously under utilizing him, and they just drafted Ridley. I'm sure a 5th round pick should do the trick;).
Id dance if we landed Julio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back