PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Reiss speculates brown and Roberts for golden tate

Status
Not open for further replies.
He doesn’t say that with his draft picks or his cap Checkbook.

No WR is the least important because Tom Brady makes whatever you give him effective.
Therefore weakness at WR does not translate to weakness in the passing game.
I promise you that the Patriots will add a starting rotation quality receiver either thru trade or signing a veteran cut in a cap move.
My guess is trade if they don't like what Dez is selling.
Demaryious makes the most sense and I'm going on record to say it because when the trade happens you will see that the Wr corps as it stands is a weakness not a strength especially the first 4 weeks and definitely not to par with your greatest ever to play the game QBs standards.

Basically it's Malcolm Brown for Golden Tate....I don't think I would do that straight up....The fact that we are so thin at the wide out position I might consider it though and add in that we would be getting rid of Roberts and I'm very intrigued!!!
I don’t think Roberts is THAT bad. He’s just a limited player.

I promise you that the Patriots will add a starting rotation quality receiver either thru trade or signing a veteran cut in a cap move.
Demaryious makes the most sense and I'm going on record to say it because when the trade happens you will see that the Wr corps as it stands is a weakness not a strength especially the first 4 weeks and definitely not to par with your greatest ever to play the game QBs standards.
Not gonna happen. Maybe a depth guy but that’s it.

It'll be a depth guy. Probably one that can play special teams, too, like Jeff Janis on Cleveland. I don't expect Tate, Bryant, or Thomas.

Tom Brady has been masking weakness at WR in most seasons that he’s been here, so I don’t really see much changing with a late summer addition to the group right before the season starts.

They’ll use players they know to get through the first month, so expect some attention to the run game, passes to Burkhead and White, Gronk, Hogan, etc. We’ll need at least one of Dorsett, Patterson, or Hollister to step up. I think you're right about an addition, but I highly doubt that it’s going to be anyone who gets people too excited.

One injury to Edelman or Hogan and it’s going to be bad. Last year we overcame the injury to Edelman because we had Cooks. WR in this offense is not plug and play. You need someone intelligent enough to grasp the EP offense. I agree trading Brown may not be the smartest thing, but to say WR is the least need is completely false.

The 2017 offense overcame the loss of much more than Edelman.

They also lost their #2 in receiving yards and receiving TDs from 2016 (Bennett, in FA). They lost their #3 in receiving yards (Hogan) for half the season. They lost their 5th most-targeted pass-catcher (Mitchell) at about the same time as they lost Edelman (IOW, basically at the last minute).

They were without Gronk for two games. They were without White for two games. They were without they guy who ended up as their #2 receiving RB, Burkhead, for 6 games (and yet he still contributed 518 yards from scrimmage and 8 TDs).

The Pats offense is never as fragile or weak as people think it's going to be, including both the ground game and passing attack. And the pass-catchers as group (including WRs) are almost never as shi tty as people think they are. And that's not solely "because Brady".

These radio guys are NEVER right about stuff like this.

Radio guys like to create talk. They'll take any but of info like the rumor they might be interested in Tate.

Sounds to me like I might of been right Mr. andy Johnson.

Hasn’t happened yet but if it does I’ll toot my own horn since I mentioned Tate after our week 2 preseason game.

It’s Zolak. He doesn’t just make stuff up, he’s very glued in with the team.
I'm certain there has been inquiring going on but no way in hell are they paying his full salary this year

Hasn’t happened yet but if it does I’ll toot my own horn since I mentioned Tate after our week 2 preseason game.
I dont want Tate though ive been calling for Bryant Thomas
Josh Gordon Ive been calling for for years.
Julio Jones would be insane.
Randall Cobb meh.

He doesn’t say that with his draft picks or his cap Checkbook.

No WR is the least important because Tom Brady makes whatever you give him effective.
Therefore weakness at WR does not translate to weakness in the passing game.

I disagree. I think weakness at receiver does translate into problems in the passing game. Similarly to weakness at running back would weaken the run game. I agree that brady will make whatever work but I’m reminded of games where the run is stuffed and all we have is pass. Makes me paranoid

I disagree. I think weakness at receiver does translate into problems in the passing game. Similarly to weakness at running back would weaken the run game. I agree that brady will make whatever work but I’m reminded of games where the run is stuffed and all we have is pass. Makes me paranoid
Your misunderstanding my point.
Weakness at any position is not ideal but on this team it is by far easiest to overcome and win with weakness at WR because Brady overcomes it, especially when gronk is around.

Your misunderstanding my point.
Weakness at any position is not ideal but on this team it is by far easiest to overcome and win with weakness at WR because Brady overcomes it, especially when gronk is around.
I can agree to that the lesser or 2 evils.
However why have any glaring weakness or holes if you can improve on them?

I can agree to that the lesser or 2 evils.
However why have any glaring weakness or holes if you can improve on them?
I’m talking about the “waaah we never give Brady weapons” whining and the fact that it is sensible to spend fewer resources, not greater resources there, compared to elsewhere given that you have Brady.
Or the idea of decimating the dt position to add a wr.

How are you going to improve it? It is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News