PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Michael Bennett TRADED TO DALLAS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably politics related, re: the “philosophical disagreement” Bennett cited in his statement

Probably politics related, re: the “philosophical disagreement” Bennett cited in his statement

That sounds more like a euphemism for playing time than politics, which the Patriots don't really give a **** about anyways.

Dude is on the verge of sucking big time

This has the feel of a release if a trade doesn’t get worked out.

I am surprised BB did not anticipate this, so many people saw it coming with this lack of snaps.

Trade 4 this MOf%/12 "under the radar" Elite WR! Do It Bill! :cool: NOW! :mad:

King Kong ain't got SH@T on this guy! :D

ANCNNYQKDII6RES2SRZBYQFYQI + 2 SB.jpg

I don't hold out much hope but this could also be a positive turning point for Bennett. But that means him taking this on the chin and embracing the system and his role in it.

Trade for Manny Sanders or Keenan Allen. Mmmkkk? Thanks!
Sanders is 32 with a bad knee, Allen would be too expensive. And the main infinity stone in your sig needs to be changed.

Sanders is 32 with a bad knee, Allen would be too expensive. And the main infinity stone in your sig needs to be changed.
I’m not sure I understand why we would bring in a receiver who doesn’t know the system when we have
Edelman
Gordon
Dorsett
Harry
Meyers

Which one are we considering incompetent in their role? Or is everyone just overreacting to having 3 of the top 4 injured for part of a game.
I don’t think other teams make trades to fill spots for guys who were injured but are healthy now.

I’m not sure I understand why we would bring in a receiver who doesn’t know the system when we have
Edelman
Gordon
Dorsett
Harry
Meyers

Which one are we considering incompetent in their role? Or is everyone just overreacting to having 3 of the top 4 injured for part of a game.
I don’t think other teams make trades to fill spots for guys who were injured but are healthy now.
The main concern, which I share, is the health of Gordon, Dorsett and Edelman being hindered for long stretches. The Patriots could be without Dorsett and Gordon vs. New Jersey next week and maybe longer. The problem is that trading for a "name" WR is no quick fix and might not work out at all on top of being expensive. Hopefully Meyers can expand on the promise he showed last week and don't forget Ben Watson helping out. I'm disappointed in Dorsett succumbing to a hamstring -- those are preventable.

Edelman
Gordon
Dorsett
Harry
Meyers

Seriously? Have you not watched the games of late?

Wondering whether that’s a serious question or not.....

If you've watched them play, you know they need help at the position, so you already know why they would bring in an outside receiver. It's not any sort of well kept secret.

Who is Michael Bennett's position coach?

If you've watched them play, you know they need help at the position, so you already know why they would bring in an outside receiver. It's not any sort of well kept secret.
Of course I have watched them play and in my post I described exactly what my point was.
If you feel the #1 scoring team in the NFL, and the #5 passing offense needs to trade for receivers because they had receivers injured during the 6 games they were 1 in scoring and 5 in passing who will not be out much longer, if longer at all ok we will disagree, which is fine.
Perhaps rather than a smart Alec comment you could answer the question that I asked, given the depth chart where is the incompetence that we need to trade to eliminate.
If you don’t want to answer, that’s fine, but I’ll wait for others to engage in a conversation.

Of course I have watched them play and in my post I described exactly what my point was.
If you feel the #1 scoring team in the NFL, and the #5 passing offense needs to trade for receivers because they had receivers injured during the 6 games they were 1 in scoring and 5 in passing who will not be out much longer, if longer at all ok we will disagree, which is fine.
Perhaps rather than a smart Alec comment you could answer the question that I asked, given the depth chart where is the incompetence that we need to trade to eliminate.
If you don’t want to answer, that’s fine, but I’ll wait for others to engage in a conversation.

Your answer didn't demonstrate any understanding of the situation. The Patriots offense hasn't been good since the start of the Jets game. Using something as silly as "#5 passing offense" as if it means a damned thing doesn't help your cause, either, because the Patriots have played a bunch of ****ty teams (Dolphins/Jets without Darnold/Redskins/Giants), and struggled against the only good defense they've played (Bills).

And the notion that reliance on a heretofore uninspiring rookie WR, who's missed half the season, is something to be preferred over a quality receiver from the outside is an absurdity that anyone should be ashamed to put forth. That rookie should be looked at as a possible bonus and/or desperation choice, not a first need piece. As I said earlier, if you've watched the Patriots play, you know they need help at the position, so you already know why they would bring in an outside receiver.

The issue is whether or not the team has the ability to bring in a system-appropriate, quality WR from the outside. The issue is not whether or not the team should try to do it. The on field impact of players like Gordon and Brown in the past two seasons should have permanently put an end to such a question.

Edelman
Gordon
Dorsett
Harry
Meyers

We haven't seen Harry play a snap of meaningful football yet, Brady only throws to Meyers out of absolute necessity, Gordon is no longer Flash, and Dorsett is a WR3 at best. If Jules misses any significant time, oh boy. The O has struggled for more than "part of a game." You can't trivialize that so much. Help is needed.

With all that said, I think we can be okay if we fix the OL. That's far more concerning to me than the perimeter players at this point. It went from probably our strongest unit last season to probably our weakest this season. What a difference a few injuries makes, huh? Let's hope Wynn comes back and can play as well as he was playing before he went down... and stay on the field for the duration.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back